Team Israel criticizes Israel

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
By request, in case anyone else wants to play, this thread is for those standing with Israel to offer criticism of Israel's policies and actions. I'd ask that we stick tight to topic with moderator support.

Policies I criticize Israel for:

Limitations on freedom of worship for one group based on ethnicity/religion.
Destruction of family homes of convicted terrorists (yes, its collective punishment).
Difficulty in obtaining building permits for Arab residents of Area C.
Release of prisoners in political deals.
Endless renewal of administrative detention in some cases.
Arrest of minors under 16 at night (though I understand the reasons for it).
Soldiers "taking the law into their own hands" by executing alleged terrorists where there is no safety concern.

Policies I deliberately refuse to criticize Israel for, even if Team Palestine thinks I should, because I think Israel is morally and legally in the right:

Riot control measures. (Yes, up to and including live ammunition).
Protecting Israel's borders and preventing illegal crossing. (Yes, including live ammunition).
Taking appropriate military measures to secure Israel's citizens when under threat. (Yes, including collateral damage).
Settlement on any land controlled by Israel until a peace treaty is reached. (Yes, including full annexation).
Air and sea blockade of Gaza.
Embargo of certain goods from Gaza via land crossings.

(There is probably a lot more, but those are the main ones that come up all the time.)

I welcome further input and discussion from Team Israel. I also welcome respectful questions and requests for clarifications from Team Palestine, remembering that the thread's topic is Team Israel's criticism of Israel and NOT Team Palestine's criticism of Israel.

Things I find worthy of criticism in Israel...

Overcrowded beaches

maxresdefault.jpg

By request, in case anyone else wants to play, this thread is for those standing with Israel to offer criticism of Israel's policies and actions. I'd ask that we stick tight to topic with moderator support.

Destruction of family homes of convicted terrorists (yes, its collective punishment).
Soldiers "taking the law into their own hands" by executing alleged terrorists where there is no safety concern.

Policies I deliberately refuse to criticize Israel for, even if Team Palestine thinks I should, because I think Israel is morally and legally in the right:

Protecting Israel's borders and preventing illegal crossing. (Yes, including live ammunition).
Taking appropriate military measures to secure Israel's citizens when under threat. (Yes, including collateral damage).
Settlement on any land controlled by Israel until a peace treaty is reached. (Yes, including full annexation).

(There is probably a lot more, but those are the main ones that come up all the time.)

I welcome further input and discussion from Team Israel. I also welcome respectful questions and requests for clarifications from Team Palestine, remembering that the thread's topic is Team Israel's criticism of Israel and NOT Team Palestine's criticism of Israel.

I condemn them for releasing prisoners
Letting Arabs have control of Temple Mount

You are very clear, so I don't think I need clarification, in fact I agree with a lot on both your lists. The first 3 in your policies you won't criticize I totally agree (it's the right of any soveriegn state). 4 - you know I don't, no discussion needed. Not sure about 5 and 6 yet.

Education - Arabic is not obligatory, not a national language but obligatory in education is a must.
Leiberman - 48 hours mean 24
Netanyahu - Mr. PM is one of the greatest and virtuous politicians in modern era, already has his special place in Jewish history, when he grows a beard and blesses a glass of water before each speech in the UN and official meetings, he also becomes the most influential person in the world. This is the quickest return investment for an Israeli politician, there's a lot of potential not being used in our inner dialogue and foreign relations when representing such an archetypal nation; Anyway Israelis are going in that direction by mere birth rates alone, and other positive social trends.
Foreign relations - all language of occupation must be abandoned, someone fell on his head up there.
Judicial system - all foreign influence in our courtrooms must be dealt with.
Police - an investigation opens on each president and PM before he even gets into office, I'm not sure, but maybe we should focus on training police high ranks as a separate defense project, though I'm not too clear on how such things run.
Knesset - should have the last word, and bring balance to the power of the judicial system and the influence of diaspora. Tolerance of extremes is good in free speech, incitement to Jew hating and violence, voting for PLO/Fatah/Hamas/Hezballah/Iran, or giving them a stage to speak to our nation from our parliament or participate in our democratic system should be strictly banned for good. No problem with the light Islamist liberationists, if they merely dream of an Arab Muslim Renaissance in coordination with Israel in that vision that's an acceptable extreme, the minute they refuse to do "Jihad on Jihad" - out of parliament, out of municipal centers, straight to police investigation.
Arab Knesset parties - You barely use the budgets for anything that brings real results on the ground, get the youth out of social security lines and into the IDF and/or the option of national service (ambulance, social work) and let Arabs profit directly from the economy rather than spending it all on staging optics for al-Jazeerah. Start speaking for the interests of Israeli Arab community, You're not UNRWA employees You have the best state in the world to make the best of life in the middle east, where're are Your civil and infrastructure projects for the community? Where is the plurality of voices?
Judeans - no clear vision from the young hilltop guys, You've been given a Jewish state guys, by law, there're adults among Judean communities who make outstanding advancements in their outreach to powerful local Arab clans, not excluding force of violence when no other option was available. The effort was done to allow for a public undisturbed dialogue that's been going on for years now, like in no other governmental forum. I'm with You, where is Your voice in those meetings? When are we going to become adults and ask for some help in building another Ma'ale Adumim and a new neighborhood in Hebron? Open direct outreach channels to all directions, that's Your and mine sovereignty, join the trend until You have better options on the ground, stop running from Shabak and cameras, openly organize, in or outside politics, doesn't matter. But You're letting everyone else talk about You and spread lies about a just cause.

No gay parades in Jerusalem, no Muslim football matches on the Temple mount, transfer all UN offices from Jerusalem to Haifa, give them a civilian type shelter.

Last edited:
Education - Arabic is not obligatory, not a national language but obligatory in education is a must.
Netanyahu - Mr. PM is one of the greatest and virtuous politicians in modern era, already has his special place in Jewish history, when he grows a beard and blesses a glass of water before each speech in the UN and official meetings, he also becomes the most influential person in the world. This is the quickest return investment for an Israeli politician, there's a lot of potential not being used in our inner dialogue and foreign relations when representing such an archetypal nation; Anyway Israelis are going in that direction by mere birth rates alone, and other positive social trends.
Foreign relations - all language of occupation must be abandoned, someone fell on his head up there.
Police - an investigation opens on each president and PM before he even gets into office, I'm not sure, but maybe we should focus on training police high ranks as a separate defense project, though I'm not too clear on how such things run.
Knesset - should have the last word, and bring balance to the power of the judicial system and the influence of diaspora. Tolerance of extremes is good in free speech, incitement to Jew hating and violence, voting for PLO/Fatah/Hamas/Hezballah/Iran, or giving them a stage to speak to our nation from our parliament or participate in our democratic system should be strictly banned for good. No problem with the light Islamist liberationists, if they merely dream of an Arab Muslim Renaissance in coordination with Israel in that vision that's an acceptable extreme, the minute they refuse to do "Jihad on Jihad" - out of parliament, out of municipal centers, straight to police investigation.
Arab Knesset parties - You barely use the budgets for anything that brings real results on the ground, get the youth out of social security lines and into the IDF and/or the option of national service (ambulance, social work) and let Arabs profit directly from the economy rather than spending it all on staging optics for al-Jazeerah. Start speaking for the interests of Israeli Arab community, You're not UNRWA employees You have the best state in the world to make the best of life in the middle east, where're are Your civil and infrastructure projects for the community? Where is the plurality of voices?
Judeans - no clear vision from the young hilltop guys, You've been given a Jewish state guys, by law, there're adults among Judean communities who make outstanding advancements in their outreach to powerful local Arab clans, not excluding force of violence when no other option was available. The effort was done to allow for a public undisturbed dialogue that's been going on for years now, like in no other governmental forum. I'm with You, where is Your voice in those meetings? When are we going to become adults and ask for some help in building another Ma'ale Adumim and a new neighborhood in Hebron? Open direct outreach channels to all directions, that's Your and mine sovereignty, join the trend until You have better options on the ground, stop running from Shabak and cameras, openly organize, in or outside politics, doesn't matter. But You're letting everyone else talk about You and spread lies about a just cause.

No gay parades in Jerusalem, no Muslim football matches on the Temple mount, transfer all UN offices from Jerusalem to Haifa, give them a civilian type shelter.

What do you mean by hilltop guys and not excluding violence?

Hiltop guys are those young Judeans who challenge the world's favorite antisemitic trope, that Jews are illegal/foreign/occupiers in Judea.

In order to understand the need for violence, one has to understand the social construct of their neighbors.
And the reality of having droves of violent activists looking for a story on a daily basis.

Good example is the agreement reached with several local Arab clans, that in complete opposition to the false image created by the media are at the forefront of the normalization efforts.

Knesset - should have the last word, and bring balance to the power of the judicial system and the influence of diaspora. Tolerance of extremes is good in free speech, incitement to Jew hating and violence, voting for PLO/Fatah/Hamas/Hezballah/Iran, or giving them a stage to speak to our nation from our parliament or participate in our democraltic system should be strictly banned for good. No problem with the light Islamist liberationists, if they merely dream of an Arab Muslim Renaissance in coordination with Israel in that vision that's an acceptable extreme, the minute they refuse to do "Jihad on Jihad" - out of parliament, out of municipal centers, straight to police investigation.

Hiltop guys are those young Judeans who challenge the world's favorite antisemitic trope, that Jews are illegal/foreign/occupiers in Judea.

In order to understand the need for violence, one has to understand the social construct of their neighbors.
And the reality of having droves of violent activists looking for a story on a daily basis.

Good example is the agreement reached with several local Arab clans, that in complete opposition to the false image created by the media are at the forefront of the normalization efforts.
That does sound interesting AND you are right, it has not been widely reported. Do you have a link where I can read about it?

Knesset - should have the last word, and bring balance to the power of the judicial system and the influence of diaspora. Tolerance of extremes is good in free speech, incitement to Jew hating and violence, voting for PLO/Fatah/Hamas/Hezballah/Iran, or giving them a stage to speak to our nation from our parliament or participate in our democraltic system should be strictly banned for good. No problem with the light Islamist liberationists, if they merely dream of an Arab Muslim Renaissance in coordination with Israel in that vision that's an acceptable extreme, the minute they refuse to do "Jihad on Jihad" - out of parliament, out of municipal centers, straight to police investigation.

That does sound interesting AND you are right, it has not been widely reported. Do you have a link where I can read about it?

Sixties recently posted and interesting article.

I understand the discussion you want. It shouldn’t be done with new haters. So watch how quickly they make it devolve

My criticism of Israel is the inability to obtain divorces (or the ghet) as a woman and the support that these sexist practises receive from government. I am for secular marriage law forcing the ghet as a part of the divorce proceeding.
I support destruction of terrorists family homes because of deperate times calling for desperate measures etc etc
Racism needs to be looked at in Israel and further challenged (although this is a concern I have in all demcoracries too)
I want to see Netanyahu charged.

BTW I admire this thread and it's participants. To me self reflection is very much an ability that Team Israel has despite Coyote's claims that it doesn't.

My criticism of Israel is the inability to obtain divorces (or the ghet) as a woman and the support that these sexist practises receive from government. I am for secular marriage law forcing the ghet as a part of the divorce proceeding.
I support destruction of terrorists family homes because of deperate times calling for desperate measures etc etc
Racism needs to be looked at in Israel and further challenged (although this is a concern I have in all demcoracries too)
I want to see Netanyahu charged.
Charged with what?

.....just like in the US when a cop DEFENDS himself against a jackass, dangerous, threatening, etc criminal, some people idiotically blame the COP
...the Pals have been MURDERING/attacking innocent civilians for decades

BTW I admire this thread and it's participants. To me self reflection is very much an ability that Team Israel has despite Coyote's claims that it doesn't.
I see very little...with the exception of the OP. It is mostly criticism that Israel isn’t tough enough on Arabs and criticism on matters concerning Jewish culture and identity.

I see very little...with the exception of the OP. It is mostly criticism that Israel isn’t tough enough on Arabs and criticism on matters concerning Jewish culture and identity.
Team Israel criticizes Israel for not being tough enough on Arab terrorists, which is different from what you are saying.

Here is a reason why there isn't, maybe, more for Team Israel to criticize Israel for:

Israel remains world’s 11th-happiest country

Plenty of reasons were given to criticize any of the governments of Israel, especially this one, especially as security is not as tight as it needs to be, be it at the borders or being careful as to which Arabs should be allowed into Israel, as there have been too many taking advantage to attack and kill Jews.

What do you think Netanyahu should be charged with? What are the crimes you see which he should be indicted for?

Note that allegations, and investigations, do not ever lead to actual indictments if nothing is found. Be it in Israel or the USA.
The Clintons were endlessly alleged and investigated, with no proof or evidence to any of those allegations to be turned into actual charges.

So, if Israelis and many Jews are happy with a lot of what goes on in Israel, and not happy with what they see needing to be fixed, and most of those issues have been put up on this thread for discussion......what else is there?

Are Arabs happy in Israel?

Yes, the Arabs would be what you would want to know what needs to be criticized in Israel, and maybe someday changed for the better. If only their representatives would actually care for them, as well.

Four ways Jews and Arabs live apart in Israeli society

I would say that most different cultures, in most democratic countries, do have some form of separation, of where they live, how good their education is, how well each community does.

Israel is no different and it has been attempting to make the lives of Arabs better, with the train service, etc. The Arabs did not take very well to it, or to many other attempts at making their lives better.

The Muslims have been taught that this is their land. All of Israel.
So, most see no reason to be a part of it, but want all of it.
Not all, but too many, still.

I criticize Israel for allowing for too long, the PA to be in charge of curriculum for the Arab community in Israel, mostly in Jerusalem.
It is the same curriculum which is taught in areas A and B and in Gaza. All of Israel is Palestine. Being taught to children who are residents of Israel.

Gratefully, the government has begun to have those schools under the Israeli curriculum. More must be done, it needs to be in all the schools in Israel. It will help many focus more on their lives and what they want to do with it, rather than the other alternative.

I criticize Israel when it depends too much on foreign voices to the point of paralyzing what needs to move on, as in any other country.
Building homes, schools, roads... etc as the needs require, and not feel tied up with false promises.

At least Israel is learning more and more that it cannot depend on others and wait and hope that there will be diplomatic ties with those countries, when they clearly show that they do not care and are only using that time to take advantage or try to stop Israel from doing anything it needs to do for its security or anything else.

Not what you wish to hear? Sorry.
Israel's population's security first. As it would be on any plane, ship or one's own home. Security first.

Guys - this particular thread has a particular topic - lets stick to it (review the OP for further clarification)

Labor Laws 2.0

Prof. Yotam Margalit proposes to update Israel’s antiquated labor laws and offers new mechanisms for flexible working arrangements, that will benefit both employers and employees. https://en.idi.org.il/galleries/24694

Last edited:
I'm not surprised you see so little as it is obvious you aren't reading what has been written. I am wondering if you can honestly say you see more criticism of Team Palestines' people of their "side"? Can you say that you do and point to any examples?

Forum List

Back