teacup pigs the new perfect pet!!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
‘Fantastic pets’
Their name comes from their size: At birth, the piglets weigh about 9 oz. and are the size of a teacup. At full growth at the age of 2, they top out at 12 to 16 inches — about knee-high — and weigh a modest 65 pounds.

shit left out blah blah

Teacup pigs, which are also called micropigs, are a mixture of those potbellied pigs with the Tamworth, Kune Kune and Gloucester Old Spot breeds. When Croft first saw them, she was so smitten she gave up her day job and started breeding them at her Little Pig Farm in England.

Adorable ‘teacup pigs’ are latest hit with Brits - TODAY Pets & Animals

da man has been nagging me to start my own business and a few thousand to start a new business isnt bad....i have my idea....i can raise little piggies...all i need is a little barn and little stalls....he is gonna love this idea.

‘Fantastic pets’
Their name comes from their size: At birth, the piglets weigh about 9 oz. and are the size of a teacup. At full growth at the age of 2, they top out at 12 to 16 inches — about knee-high — and weigh a modest 65 pounds.

shit left out blah blah

Teacup pigs, which are also called micropigs, are a mixture of those potbellied pigs with the Tamworth, Kune Kune and Gloucester Old Spot breeds. When Croft first saw them, she was so smitten she gave up her day job and started breeding them at her Little Pig Farm in England.

Adorable ‘teacup pigs’ are latest hit with Brits - TODAY Pets & Animals

da man has been nagging me to start my own business and a few thousand to start a new business isnt bad....i have my idea....i can raise little piggies...all i need is a little barn and little stalls....he is gonna love this idea.
...and you could serve real little bitty pork chops at little bitty tea parties for little bitty people.

I'm betting the "shit left out" is that that would be squishing between their toes, leaving marks on the white carpet.

They look delicious. :D
Prolly take two of 'em to make a decent meal.

Reminds me of a minature pig son got for me. He calls me up while I'm outta state and says, mom got you a pig. I said what? He started telling me how cute she was. I told him get rid of it. No mom your really going to like her. Again I tell him get rid of it. Of course he didn't. So I get home and I have a small pig. Son had her housebroke so she was a house pig most of the time. If I let her outside she'd rut through everything she could get her nose into tearing out whatever I had planted.

I worked down in KC for three to four weeks every year coming home one day out of the week and then head straight back. I finally finish up get home late one night. Next morn'n Rod's in his chair and I'm in mine, we're having morning coffee. Prissy pig is on her bed and still sleep'n. She moves a little so I ask, Prissy you gotta potty? She ignored me and rolled over. Five ten minutes later she gets up so I ask again, Prissy you need to potty. She walks towards our chairs. Headed more toward Rod. She gets a few feet in front of Rod and turns around. Then she starts backing up. She was preparing to pee on Rod's feet. It was like piss on you my momma's home she thought anyhow.

Call son detail what transpired that morning. Son takes care of pig. Pig becomes ham. Rod's dad says "Best damn pig I ever ate".

Reminds me of a minature pig son got for me. He calls me up while I'm outta state and says, mom got you a pig. I said what? He started telling me how cute she was. I told him get rid of it. No mom your really going to like her. Again I tell him get rid of it. Of course he didn't. So I get home and I have a small pig. Son had her housebroke so she was a house pig most of the time. If I let her outside she'd rut through everything she could get her nose into tearing out whatever I had planted.

I worked down in KC for three to four weeks every year coming home one day out of the week and then head straight back. I finally finish up get home late one night. Next morn'n Rod's in his chair and I'm in mine, we're having morning coffee. Prissy pig is on her bed and still sleep'n. She moves a little so I ask, Prissy you gotta potty? She ignored me and rolled over. Five ten minutes later she gets up so I ask again, Prissy you need to potty. She walks towards our chairs. Headed more toward Rod. She gets a few feet in front of Rod and turns around. Then she starts backing up. She was preparing to pee on Rod's feet. It was like piss on you my momma's home she thought anyhow.

Call son detail what transpired that morning. Son takes care of pig. Pig becomes ham. Rod's dad says "Best damn pig I ever ate".
Never have food as a pet. You aren't supposed to play with your food.

Never have food as a pet. You aren't supposed to play with your food.
That's why no one will let me raise cows here :(

Pigs are better than cows. When you butcher them, the only thing that isn't used is the squeal.
We have neighbors that raise cows. Three years ago things were pretty tough. The neighbors had a cow that the calf was too big. It died while the vet was trying to pull it. I butchered it, dried the meat and bones and it fed Hos for several months.

:talktothehand:ahh thank yall for sharing all that....

well da open minded man...said no...he said a lot of words around that no...but basically no....no pigs...so i turn to a friend...and tell her about my new plans on the way to petsmart...so we are in petsmart ...with her being all critical about my new omega kitty litter tray..when she goes....notice anything.....i dont have a clue as to what she is running on about and say,,, i notice a lot of mal what are you going on about....she replys curtly...i dont see one damned teacup pig accessory and smiles...

Hello all,

I am currently a college student needing information on my next paper topic, teacup pigs. If you currently own a teacup pig or sell them I would be very interested in speaking with you about them. So, if you either own a teacup pig or sell one could you please email me at [email protected], that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Forum List

Back