Teaching masturbation in schools

Along with sex ed here in South Dakota, it is being voted on to whether or not to teach masturbation in the school system as a part of the planned parenthood seminar for safe sex seminars that they hold.

I guess it would depend on what grade they are going to teach it in. Sometimes, we just have to let children be children without getting into the sexual part of life yet. If they are freshman in highschool, I say go for it so long as its not going overboard teaching the children that they should run out right away after class and get the parents to buy dildos and such for them. I think education on masturbation is a good thing, but I really dont think its going to have an impact on the kids that just wanna have sex. By the time they teach it in schools, the children probably already know what masturbation is and have experimented with it already.

What do you think?

Jamie

I think that masterbation is NOT something for school to bother teaching children. I think if you are a girl your mother should have a sit down with you, if you are a boy, your father. Right around the age of puberty, and in that talk you get sex briefed, you talk a little about masterbation, you also talk about the moral values you want your children to be learning.

I don't know about the rest of you but I got my first sex-ed seminar when I was in 4th grade. Girls in one room, boys in the other, and the girls went home with baggies full of pads that most of us attacked the boys with or stuck to their backpacks when they weren't looking. The boys had condoms they left with, talking about bananas and blowing the condoms up then chasing us around the school yard.

A friend of mine witnessed a girl being rapped a couple months after, a girl from our grade but not our class, by three of the condom balloon attacking curious. You give a child the basics and then tell them no, they might just go figure it out themselves. Parents need to step it up a notch and take an active part in the lives of their children. Be honest with yourself; do you listen to your child, do you know your child, is your child the same kid his friends parents say he/she is, what types of children does your kid hang out with, what kind of trouble have they gotten into at school? Ask these questions and evaluate how you are doing, then possibly reapproach, but get into the life of your child and for the love of all that is good, help to guide them before they learn it else where.

I see a true capitalist opportunity for privatization for this need.

"Your child is failing at masturbation and you are at your wits end?" Well then visit our website at

www.teachtheobviousandlwewillaughallthewaytothebank.com

By all means--charge parents to do things that they are too afriad or lazy to do for themselves. :clap2:

Filling a need sir and someone thinks there is a need apparently to teach this life lesson. I will take the money rather than see the government take more of mine to teach this no brainer lesson.

Your comments made me laugh. Who taught their own children to masturbate or were taught by their own parents?

Not I folks on either score! lol Um some things should not be shared with parents.

And make them help with the homework." Ok Johnny, let's see you practice those circle jerks"

I just learned that term on USMB last week. Maybe I should sue my school.for giving me such an incomplete education.

I see a true capitalist opportunity for privatization for this need.

"Your child is failing at masturbation and you are at your wits end?" Well then visit our website at

www.teachtheobviousandlwewillaughallthewaytothebank.com

By all means--charge parents to do things that they are too afriad or lazy to do for themselves. :clap2:

Filling a need sir and someone thinks there is a need apparently to teach this life lesson. I will take the money rather than see the government take more of mine to teach this no brainer lesson.

Your comments made me laugh. Who taught their own children to masturbate or were taught by their own parents?

Not I folks on either score! lol Um some things should not be shared with parents.

First you convince parents it NEEDS to be taught-----THEN you start charging them for lessons. Capiche ?

And make them help with the homework." Ok Johnny, let's see you practice those circle jerks"

I just learned that term on USMB last week. Maybe I should sue my school.for giving me such an incomplete education.

You just learned the term "circle jerk" last week? Here? Wait... How old are you? I only ask because I am suddenly feeling pretty old...

First you convince parents it NEEDS to be taught-----THEN you start charging them for lessons. Capiche ?

Hey we have an entrepreneur in the house. You want in on the ground level dilloduck? :lol:

Hey we have an entrepreneur in the house. You want in on the ground level dilloduck? :lol:

just carve out a small niche for me somewhere----I'm a busy guy ! :lol:

I guess if my children approach me with it.. I like to keep lines of communication open and I will discuss it with them.. but I will leave it up to my husband to teach my boy if he wants to be taught. If my girl is inquiring about it..then again, I will leave lines of communication open. That is first and foremost in my mind.. lines of communication. If my son or daughter comes home and says, "mom..I had sex and now....etc" I wont sit there and chastise her about it. Id rather ask her what she thought about it and if she thought it was the best choice at the time. Hopefully, my children will have the ability to make those decisions based on good faith in the future...good thing they are only 3 months and 4 years right now lol

Jamie

I think if you just don't point, laugh or shame them for what they figure out themselves , you'll be ok.
Masturbation gets a pretty bad rap considering how many people who enage in it .

You just learned the term "circle jerk" last week? Here? Wait... How old are you? I only ask because I am suddenly feeling pretty old...

I'm pretty old hjmick. Three brothers, two sons, and a husband and I never heard the term. The only masturbation conversations centered around hairy palms. And I was pleasantily surprised that all of those males had hair free handshakes. :lol::lol::lol:

But I am most grateful to my USMB friends for enlightening me with this topic. Perhaps I can discuss it with my children at the dinner table tonight. Or not. :eek:

I'm pretty old hjmick. Three brothers, two sons, and a husband and I never heard the term. The only masturbation conversations centered around hairy palms. And I was pleasantily surprised that all of those males had hair free handshakes. :lol::lol::lol:

But I am most grateful to my USMB friends for enlightening me with this topic. Perhaps I can discuss it with my children at the dinner table tonight. Or not. :eek:

You ain't seen nothing yet. :eusa_shhh:

Whew! Okay, not feeling so old now.

I suppose that sort of knowledge is dependent on the circles (no pun intended, but I suppose it is still a pun...) in which a person runs... or masturbates... As the case may be.

Forum List

Back