Teachers Union Gone Wild

Discussion in 'Education' started by Madeline, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Muckraker James O'Keefe's 'Teachers Unions Gone Wild' Video Stirs N.J. Controversy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqQTIQhn5A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqQTIQhn5A[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yt2SwDuhQ4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yt2SwDuhQ4[/ame]

Ouch.

Your thoughts?

2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    No comment. lol

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    WHAT????

How can you slide on this, missy? You are a NJ teacher, for Christ's sake!

I DEMAND to know whaca think, LOL.

4. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Braun: Heroic N.J. teacher was sacrificed for political cause in hidden video | NJ.com

Ok Madeline, here goes. I am a member of NJEA and a registered Republican. The governor lied to teachers during his campaign, and now the NJEA is lying to its members as well. Call me Switzerland.

Christie has waged war against the teacher's union and they are fighting back. This issue is money and power and that's what politics is. For me -. It's about education. The collateral damage could be millions of children. Negative public opinion and attitudes toward school can affect learning. No if's and's or but's about it.

I am hoping for a ceasefire. Soon.

5. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,699
    What I found very interesting was the "parent" in the second video used the "N-word" just like Alissa did, repeating what someone else said. Should he be punished like she was????

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    You mean by being suspended at work without pay? I dunno, edthecynic. If the parent is a ditch digger, do I really care if they use racial slurs in their private time? Teachers are role models for students and they deeply affect the children's futures...I'd say overt racism among their ranks is more significant than among the ranks of ditch diggers.

7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,714
    The Teacher's Union, just like all other unions, are nothing more than a safety net for those that want to suck out all the resources they can from the public and protect the jobs of people who should have been fired long ago for poor performance. Thanks to the unions, an automobile, and most of anything else that is union made, cost us more than it's worth.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,699
    Well wasn't Alissa in her "private time" when she quoted the other person exactly as the "parent" did?

9. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    So what we have here is this......

A single, lonely teacher was plied with drinks by a flirtatious, nice looking single guy who was baiting her and secretly video taping her. This is a teacher with 20 years experience and who also spent $9,000 of her own money on school supplies for her students, made sure a child in her class made his dental appointments by bringing him there and was just asked to be a godparent to the child of another student. She also still suffers from injuries received when she threw herself in front of a careening van to protect her students and landed in the hospital with broken ribs, a fractured wrist, a badly bruised pelvis and glass cuts in her eyes.

So in a bar, on her own time and after probably several drinks she talked about someone else that used the n-word which is then broadcast all over the internet. As a result she is punished and her reputation was ruined.

Yep!! Sounds like a typical right wing attack. :clap2:

10. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    Not that we paint all workers that belong to Unions with the same brush, do we? :eusa_whistle:

Why not say that ALL Union members vote exactly the same way? That they all drive the same car? That they all go to the same church?

In "closed shop" states nearly all of the best jobs are unionized and joining is a condition of employment. Are you saying that you would turn one down if offered?