Teachers Told To Favor Black Students In ‘Racial Equity’ Training

For years, we were taught that equality is the goal. Equal access to goods and services to all. But, equality apparently didn't produce the social leveling people believed would occur.

Now, the social planners and those who wish to rebuild society are teaching 'Equity over Equality'.

IISC_EqualityEquity.png

It seems that to achieve the social utopia they desire, the planners will decide who is more equal than others.

P.S. When I asked, 'Why don't they all just buy a ticket so they can get good seats?', the facilitator of the seminar was not pleased. Apparently, I wasn't able to grok the master plan.
Society has always had preferential treatment of certain humans unfortunately they all live in big houses and have big bank accounts..

Sending your kid to public school is the equivalent to child abuse.

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

“That’s what racial equity is,” Amante explained.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

Did you attend public schools? If so should you be arrested for child abuse?

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.
Yeah it's not like the kids have any way to learn anything but in a classroom with a teacher....

Teachers do a great job of punishing children for being white and dumbing down the next generation.

Somebody sure did a number on you.
No shock teachers defend failing children because of their skin color.

Are the teachers even advocating for this bullshit? Teachers have no say when bureaucrats come up with this stuff. If teachers in an area WANT this stuff, you can rip on them, but if the pointy headed powers that be come up with it, you can't attack all teachers.

You are so right!

Teachers I know feel that way.

And the bureaucrats/administrators are Liberals.
Prove it since you claim it.
What do you want her to do? Bring in her friends for testimony that they feel restrained by liberal bureaucrats?

Somebody sure did a number on you.
No shock teachers defend failing children because of their skin color.

Are the teachers even advocating for this bullshit? Teachers have no say when bureaucrats come up with this stuff. If teachers in an area WANT this stuff, you can rip on them, but if the pointy headed powers that be come up with it, you can't attack all teachers.

You are so right!

Teachers I know feel that way.

And the bureaucrats/administrators are Liberals.
Prove it since you claim it.
What do you want her to do? Bring in her friends for testimony that they feel restrained by liberal bureaucrats?
I know for a fact that the schools are run by the locals elected to the school board and it would be impossible for liberals in every county or district to be liberals or democrats for the nomenclature confused writers. Why? The rural areas are not democrats it is repubs in the majority..The Dept of Ed is run by a Republican...Or would it be better if I just threw words out there and called them conservatives whether they are or not?
Pigeonholing is what this thread is trying to establish yet real people that are real teachers claim what she claims is not happening but you all would rather take the echo chambers words over reality and truth....The blind being led by the blind, see you in the ditch...

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.
Yeah it's not like the kids have any way to learn anything but in a classroom with a teacher....
This is why I'm so against most liberal college degrees. So much of that shit can be simply obtained by reading prominent books. It's disappointing that kids are tricked into getting a $40k degree, nearly useless in the workforce, because they want to learn more about English, Philosophy, or Gender studies.

This is why I'm so against most liberal college degrees. So much of that shit can be simply obtained by reading prominent books. It's disappointing that kids are tricked into getting a $40k degree, nearly useless in the workforce, because they want to learn more about English, Philosophy, or Gender studies.
Which liberal colleges did you attend?
I have a liberal arts degree, Radio/TV/Film production. I had absolutely zero problems getting a job and earning 75K in the 1990's and 2000's.. What is yer point?
To get through college I learned trades in masonry and electronic/electrical...

Which liberal colleges did you attend?
I have a liberal arts degree, Radio/TV/Film production. I had absolutely zero problems getting a job and earning 75K in the 1990's and 2000's.. What is yer point?
Liberal Arts College, UNLV - English Major
3 Years hopping around working cheap ass jobs until ARL.

That's why I used qualifiers like "Most" and "Nearly." There are exceptions, of course.

"Tricked"?

I see.

FAVORING blacks in education is UNFAIR!

FAVORING white conservatives with our ELECTORAL COLLEGE is GOOD!.....

"Tricked"?
Ah. They're told that they should pick a degree that they're interested in, because every degree has value that they can use. As I learned, making that mistake, it is a lie that's not true. The only degrees that have value are the ones that can get decent jobs. Otherwise they're traps to suck money away from students and put them into fiscal struggles.

That's not exactly equal now is it? Maybe if we ever get around to "equality" someday we'll achive it some day. And until we do, we never will.

"Tricked"?
Ah. They're told that they should pick a degree that they're interested in, because every degree has value that they can use. As I learned, making that mistake, it is a lie that's not true. The only degrees that have value are the ones that can get decent jobs. Otherwise they're traps to suck money away from students and put them into fiscal struggles.

There is no "trick" to pursuing an education in a field in which you have interest and ability. Maybe you want everyone to attend a voctech high school and go no further, but that's not how it works in the real world. There are many paths and many different people with different goals. Choice is not a trick any more than responsibility is.

"Tricked"?
I went to college to study art, music and theater I didn't go to get a job...I already had one of those nasty things..

So they are advocating RACISM? So racism is OK if it benefits Blacks? Like Affirmative Action?

"Tricked"?

I can see both sides of this argument. I got degrees in writing and philosophy, and I do not regret for a moment studying those subjects. I was able to do it without any debt. I think it is a mistake that you can pursue any interest AFTER you get a job and a family. It just doesn't work that way. After taking care of your family, you don't just decide to study. At the same time, I think parents do there kids a huge disservice when they say you should pursue your passions, it is much worse for those who go into debt. There is nothing wrong with being practical. You see those guys on TV who say I love my job so much it isn't a job, OMG, I can't believe I get paid to do this. How many people do you think really love there job that much? I'm guessing very few. I'd tell my kid to find something he can be good at, and to stay away from debt. It is nice to study fun things, because you don't really get the chance later, but the whole my job is so fulfilliing that it isn't work thing is nuts.

"Tricked"?

I'm sorry you were sold this bill of goods. It's been many, many years since ANY degree is a "good" degree. Here's what I mean. Back in "the day" ANY degree would lead to a better job because employers were just impressed with degrees. That was a long time ago. Now, employers are only impressed with degrees that actually train for what you want to do.

We advised our kids to get degrees for careers in which you HAD TO HAVE a degree to get in the door. Nursing, certain business fields, etc--and where they actually train you for the job. In the age of the WWW, if you have an interest in say, the ancient Greek philosophers, you are well able to study that for lifetime on your own, and even connect with impressive people throughout. The only exception is if you want to be employed in that field--but then you have to think, employed as "what"?

"Tricked"?
I went to college to study art, music and theater I didn't go to get a job...I already had one of those nasty things..

Majoring in music is great for some things, not so great for others.

I say this as a music major, many years ago--degreed now of course

Forum List

Back