Teachers and school officials learn how facebook works

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Department of Education employees busted for using sick days to take paid vacation

Even teachers play hooky to work on their tans. More than a dozen Department of Education employees were busted in the past two years for faking illnesses to take paid vacations, records show.

Two newlywed teachers jetted to Italy for a honeymoon. Another couple flew to sunny Aruba for a romantic getaway. And a school cook took her two kids - students at her school - on a cruise.

At least 13 teachers, classroom aides and school cooks broke Education Department rules and either lost their jobs or paid steep fines, reports by Special Commissioner of Investigation Richard Condon show.

My wife teaches in Gwinnett and refuses to have a facebook account.

Smart move.

My mother is a teacher as well. She has a facebook account, but she uses her middle name and her maiden name. Since no one but family knows it, she feels pretty safe.

Also, she's only a year away from retirement, and doesn't do stupid shit like the people in the article. I disagree with the separation of personal days and sick days, but these people knew the rules when they agreed to the position.

Forum List

Back