Teacher tells boy he has to eat alone for not believing in god

If it's true it was wrong. With that said it's also wrong to prohibit a child from worshiping and/or believing in God also and yes it's happening
In school yes its wrong as long as its a student led club or group. It SHOULD NOT BE a holiday or special event because those students that don't want to attend get singled out etc.

If it's true it was wrong. With that said it's also wrong to prohibit a child from worshiping and/or believing in God also and yes it's happening
In school yes its wrong as long as its a student led club or group. It SHOULD NOT BE a holiday or special event because those students that don't want to attend get singled out etc.

Sorry, I'm a supporter of freedom of religion.

Children in public schools are not prohibited from praying, worshipping or believing in god.

Are we talking about during some 'off time' like recess of lunch, or during class? Also, are the students being instructed to pray or led in prayer by staff, or is this a decision independent of staff input?

Finally, is the school, or some teacher promoting the idea of disbelief when the child is a believer? That is equivalent to a promoting a religious belief when the child is not a believer. Both are wrong and for the same reasons.

Depending on the situation, a case is present, or you have a disruptive student seeking attention.

As am I. Very much so. Public school is paid for with citizens taxes and run by the state/county government. Religion in school violates separation of church and state and making sure every citizen's child is in zone of teaching not religion. They do make religious schools that's where it belongs not in public schools. We just had to smack a school here around having coach led prayers at football practices etc. We won :) Pissed off the bible thumpers

Any teacher knows they cannot discriminate against children and their religious beliefs.Time to show her the door.

As am I. Very much so. Public school is paid for with citizens taxes and run by the state/county government. Religion in school violates separation of church and state and making sure every citizen's child is in zone of teaching not religion. They do make religious schools that's where it belongs not in public schools. We just had to smack a school here around having coach led prayers at football practices etc. We won :) Pissed off the bible thumpers

Nothing to be proud of. Our daughters compete in gymnastics and before they perform they give the sign of the cross and after do it again and point to the sky to thank God. Some atheist got butt hurt over it and complained they were "offended". That's the stupid shit I'm talking about, all because some asshole wanted to make a stink the entire gymnastic community was in upheaval. They finally ruled they are allowed to do it but it should have never been an issue

Are we talking about during some 'off time' like recess of lunch, or during class? Also, are the students being instructed to pray or led in prayer by staff, or is this a decision independent of staff input?

Finally, is the school, or some teacher promoting the idea of disbelief when the child is a believer? That is equivalent to a promoting a religious belief when the child is not a believer. Both are wrong and for the same reasons.

Depending on the situation, a case is present, or you have a disruptive student seeking attention.
A disruptive student??? All he said was he didn't believe in God, that is why he didn't attend church! That certainly not disruptive! He was stating a fact. The teacher should have told the kids that they are allowed to believe what they wish and it's not a problem.

Then monitor the situation and reinforce the mini lesson if some children still ostracize the boy.

Nothing to be proud of. Our daughters compete in gymnastics and before they perform they give the sign of the cross and after do it again and point to the sky to thank God. Some atheist got butt hurt over it and complained they were "offended". That's the stupid shit I'm talking about, all because some asshole wanted to make a stink the entire gymnastic community was in upheaval. They finally ruled they are allowed to do it but it should have never been an issue
Not the place to do it but long as its not adult led then it seems like the courts are allowing it....oh well.

Our daughters compete in gymnastics and before they perform they give the sign of the cross and after do it again and point to the sky to thank God. Some atheist got butt hurt over it and complained they were "offended". That's the stupid shit I'm talking about,

How were they allowed to keep doing it if its been banned?

I think what you meant was that people have opinions and you dont like them. So it feels like someone is stopping you, only they arent.

Not the place to do it but long as its not adult led then it seems like the courts are allowing it....oh well.

Why is it "not the place to do it" Because people like you get all butt hurt over it? It'a fucking public venue, they were covered by the Constitution. In short? The atheist asshole lost before he started. If you don't like it? DON'T FUCKING GO and IF YOU GO .....DON"T LOOK!!!!! Simple, eh?

The teacher should be disciplined.... but let's do a "shoe on the other foot" scenario:

Teacher does the same to a child who tells another student he does believe in God. You libs would put him/her up for teacher of the year.

Hypocrites.

Not true. Why do you theists always try to change the subject and make it about you. If you want to pray in the middle of school or your work day, go for it. Just don't ask the company or school to sanction it. And this is what the **** of a teacher did. She's being a **** for jesus. LOL

Forum List

Back