Teacher Suing School District Over ‘Bibles, Prayer Circles, Ministering’ On Campus

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
FLORENCE, Colo. (CBS4) – A Colorado teacher is suing a school district, claiming a school is not keeping church and state separate.

In the lawsuit former Florence High School teacher Robert Basevitz says he experienced religious discrimination at his school. When he formally complained about it, he says he was transferred to another school in the district, and that’s when things elevated to the lawsuit.

Why is it that just one sniveling troll can upset the daily routines of an entire school just because he's buthurt about religion? Furthermore, why does no one ever sue districts for promoting the cult of male chauvinism, slavery and death?

This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state — that’s the very first sentence in the Bill or Rights before any other freedom is discussed,” Maxon said.

Ok... This assclown is supposed to be a lawyer? He's not even literate apparently:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The phrase "separation of church and state" is found NO WHERE in the COTUS, and nothing in the COTUS can be taken out of context enough to imply such. The First Amendment clearly places the restrictions solely on the CONGRESS, not some school district or even a state. How these imbeciles can graduate high school with such pitiful english comprehension skills baffles me, but the fact that they passed a bar exam give me cause to think I should go after some easy money, get a law degree, and sue fascist pig liberals for offending me.

FLORENCE, Colo. (CBS4) – A Colorado teacher is suing a school district, claiming a school is not keeping church and state separate.

In the lawsuit former Florence High School teacher Robert Basevitz says he experienced religious discrimination at his school. When he formally complained about it, he says he was transferred to another school in the district, and that’s when things elevated to the lawsuit.

Why is it that just one sniveling troll can upset the daily routines of an entire school just because he's buthurt about religion? Furthermore, why does no one ever sue districts for promoting the cult of male chauvinism, slavery and death?

This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state — that’s the very first sentence in the Bill or Rights before any other freedom is discussed,” Maxon said.

Ok... This assclown is supposed to be a lawyer? He's not even literate apparently:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The phrase "separation of church and state" is found NO WHERE in the COTUS, and nothing in the COTUS can be taken out of context enough to imply such. The First Amendment clearly places the restrictions solely on the CONGRESS, not some school district or even a state. How these imbeciles can graduate high school with such pitiful english comprehension skills baffles me, but the fact that they passed a bar exam give me cause to think I should go after some easy money, get a law degree, and sue fascist pig liberals for offending me.

So there IS no separation of church and state? Cool. Then the government can tell you what to do with your religion.

He was mad because the students engaged in religious observances.

Good luck with that.

Amendment I

So there IS no separation of church and state?
Cool. Then the government can tell you what to do with your religion.

Nope, only mentioned in a letter to the Danbury Baptists, by a later president.

" Then the government can tell you what to do with your religion"

Sure, well, other than this SLIGHT problem,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Amendment I

" he experienced religious discrimination "

at Faux News they would say it's all part of the war against Their religion.
but I'll assume he isn't a christian, so he has no right to bitch and whine like the cons love to do.

btw ... if you think it's so easy to pass the bar then maybe you should try !
*snicker*

The Progressive Jihad on Religion, they won't rest until Atheism is the National Religion of the USA

The phrase "separation of church and state" is found NO WHERE in the COTUS,

So what if that phase isn't in the Constitution? He said: "This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state", and it was.

but I'll assume he isn't a christian, so he has no right to bitch and whine like the cons love to do.

*snicker*

When the stuttering dumbfuck moonbat messiah can, it can't be too hard.

The Progressive Jihad on Religion, they won't rest until Atheism is the National Religion of the USA

I wonder how the muzbots in Dearborn are going to react when their religious faith is ridiculed by the bed wetters. Still waiting for that day to come.

Amendment I

You are partially correct. The 1st amendment does say Congress. However, what you fail to understand is that the 14th amendment has extended that principle to the states under the concept of incorporation. Republicans seem to forget that the 14th amendment is there.

Also the phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the constitution but it is in Supreme Court case law starting with Reynolds v. US in 1878. That jurisprudence has been the foundation of Establishment clause cases which coupled with the 14th amendment extends that to the states and to school districts who try to establish a religion.

So in an effort to call people "libtards", you found out you were the retard.

So what if that phase isn't in the Constitution? He said: "This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state", and it was.

You obviously share the less than elementary reading comprehension skills, it seems to be a trait among moonbats.

"The bed wetting liberal" said:
“This country was founded on the idea of separation of church and state — that’s the very first sentence in the Bill or Rights before any other freedom is discussed,” Maxon said.

That isn't the first sentence.

"The First Sentence" said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

The idea of SOCS was first penned by Thomas Jefferson,

Jefferson" said:
"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

An obscure quote from a president 200 years ago, (who wasn't even in the country when the COTUS was written,) that was clearly taken out of context is no basis for law.

*snicker*

When the stuttering dumbfuck moonbat messiah can, it can't be too hard.

HaHa

is that your way of saying
"I can !! ...I just don't want to"

are you 12 ?

Amendment I

You are partially correct. The 1st amendment does say Congress. However, what you fail to understand is that the 14th amendment has extended that principle to the states under the concept of incorporation. Republicans seem to forget that the 14th amendment is there.

Also the phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the constitution but it is in Supreme Court case law starting with Reynolds v. US in 1878. That jurisprudence has been the foundation of Establishment clause cases which coupled with the 14th amendment extends that to the states and to school districts who try to establish a religion.

So in an effort to call people "libtards", you found out you were the retard.

The concept of incorporation is a very Christian ideal.

PETE7469 SAID:

'The phrase "separation of church and state" is found NO WHERE in the COTUS'

Wrong.

It can be found here in the Constitution:

“[T]he First Amendment's language, properly interpreted, had erected a wall of separation between Church and State.”

Illinois ex rel. McCollum v. Board of Education of School District US Law LII Legal Information Institute

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law as determined by the Supreme Court, including the First Amendment.

PETE7469 SAID:

“Another intolerant libtard sues school over Jesus.”

This is a lie, which comes as no surprise given the OP is a liar.

Nowhere in the cited article is anyone identified as a 'liberal.'

PETE7469 SAID:

'The phrase "separation of church and state" is found NO WHERE in the COTUS'

Wrong.

It can be found here in the Constitution:

“[T]he First Amendment's language, properly interpreted, had erected a wall of separation between Church and State.”

Illinois ex rel. McCollum v. Board of Education of School District US Law LII Legal Information Institute

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law as determined by the Supreme Court, including the First Amendment.

"

“[T]he First Amendment's language, properly interpreted,"

PROPERLY INTERPRETED?

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Forum List

Back