Teacher put duct tape over 5th-graders’ mouths, school officials say

A substitute teacher at Maxdale Elementary School in Killeen, Texas, was removed from campus on Thursday after putting duct tape over the mouths of 10 fifth-graders for several minutes.

Substitute teacher duct tapes mouths of 10 students in fifth grade classroom

Holy cow.

My father grew up in the Catholic school system and this is nothing compared to what the nuns would do to him for misbehaving. What the nuns did would be frowned on today, but those nuns did a great job keeping kids in line and straightening out behavior problems. No such thing as kids with behavior problems in the Catholic school dad went to, they didn't dare misbehave he said everyone was scared to death of those nuns lol. He would get paddled in front of the class pants down by the nuns and they would call his father. My grandpa would whip my dad and his brother with a belt till they couldn't sit down. Taught my dad not to misbehave in school :)
Why so few people are Catholic or choose to become nuns

A substitute teacher at Maxdale Elementary School in Killeen, Texas, was removed from campus on Thursday after putting duct tape over the mouths of 10 fifth-graders for several minutes.

Holy cow.

My father grew up in the Catholic school system and this is nothing compared to what the nuns would do to him for misbehaving. What the nuns did would be frowned on today, but those nuns did a great job keeping kids in line and straightening out behavior problems. No such thing as kids with behavior problems in the Catholic school dad went to, they didn't dare misbehave he said everyone was scared to death of those nuns lol. He would get paddled in front of the class pants down by the nuns and they would call his father. My grandpa would whip my dad and his brother with a belt till they couldn't sit down. Taught my dad not to misbehave in school :)

“So few people”?

Holy cow.

“So few people”?

I thought about becoming a nun once, but they wouldn't take me. It was something about not being qualified. I don't know if it was not being a woman or not being Catholic.

Holy cow.

“So few people”?

I thought about becoming a nun once, but they wouldn't take me. It was something about not being qualified. I don't know if it was not being a woman or not being Catholic.

Nun of the above.

I thought it was amusing it was 5th graders, but the "crime" itself isn't amusing. We had a foster child suffocate to death after having her mouth duct taped shut. Changed our whole Child Protective philosophy and system.
It's dangerous and whatever was going on, it wasn't funny. I can so relate, though, if it was to shut their smart ass mouths. Never do it, but I get it.

Being the child that should have been gagged, put in a straight jacket, and lock in the closet I can understand what you are saying, but no teachers need to just understand doing what might be the best course of action is still illegal as hell!
Absolutely, Bruce. Kids that age are trying, though. That is all I was saying. Not that they should be physically restrained or abused in any way.

I am not a teacher ( THANK GOD! ) but can understand why some teachers go postal.

I wish there was a solution like putting a mute chip in the kid mouth or shocking the parents when their kid is bad... Wait I would have done more to shock my aunt and uncle daily!

Kids are assholes and grow up to be me!

Hate to say it that way and teaching is like police work and is a thankless job that usually only get notice when one bad apple screws things up!

Thanks for being a teacher and I mean it dear...

School and most situations involving children have changed drastically since I was a kid. There wasn't hardly a kid in school that would have farted sideways, let alone mouth off to a teacher.
James just related a story of one teacher telling her student to put her cell away. When the brat refused, she snatched the phone. She whined to her parents who decided to take a brick to the teacher.
Disgusting.

Today society is different. I am a lot older than many of you believe, but I was the type of child that knew when I went too far and accepted my punishment.

Today teachers work a thankless job. They hardly any credit for the sacrifice they do daily and to be really honest they arw not paid well enough compare to those sports figures that most children idolize.

Timea have changed and damn I am no longer wey behind the ears like I was when I was a whippersnapper but kids today are usually just morons with mainly worthless parents...
We had Mr. Boley in my school. He was a 6'6" former pro baseball player. That paddle felt like a nuclear bomb going off on my ass. I tended to behave!

You say that like it's a bad thing...

:smile:

Forum List

Back