Teacher on Way to School Charged With Drunken Driving

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
I hope my kids get her for a homeroom teacher.

Updated: 08:44 AM EDT

Teacher on Way to School Charged With Drunken Driving

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Aug. 23) - A teacher heading to her first day at school this week was charged with drunken driving, but later returned to her class.
Sherry Bartlett, 45, a fifth-grade teacher at Slaughter Elementary, had a blood-alcohol content of .20 percent, more than twice the legal limit of .08, when she was arrested Tuesday morning.

She pleaded not guilty on Friday during an arraignment in Jefferson District Court.

Bartlett, who has worked for the school district since 1985, could not be reached for comment.

She returned to class Thursday, district spokeswoman Lauren Roberts said. "It's too early to speculate on disciplinary action," she said.
Had Bartlett made it to school that morning and been found to be drunk, she would have been fired, Roberts said.

Bartlett has no disciplinary actions in her personnel file, Roberts said.
According to court documents, police pulled over Bartlett about 7:50 a.m. EDT Tuesday on Ky. 841 near Beulah Church Road after another driver told authorities that Bartlett was driving slowly and veering into the median.
Bartlett registered a .20 on a Breathalyzer test.

Information from: The Courier-Journal, http://www.courier-journal.com
08/23/04 19:49 EDT

She probably needs the booze to bolster her courage in facing the multitudes of little brats every day.

Sandy73 said:
Its Bush's fault.... :smoke:

Nah, it's the Swift Boat Vets. fault. :laugh:

No, really, what's worse do you think: A teacher sleeping with a student or driving around school wasted?

I guess I'm going with "sleeping with a 12 year old student" on that one. I can't believe that teacher in FL who had two children by her student.

nycflasher said:
Nah, it's the Swift Boat Vets. fault. :laugh:

No, really, what's worse do you think: A teacher sleeping with a student or driving around school wasted?

I guess I'm going with "sleeping with a 12 year old student" on that one. I can't believe that teacher in FL who had two children by her student.

That is just sick ! I think its Jeb's fault though ! :happy2:

That's happening more & more. It's terrible ( if it's the case) that you need to drink before facing those kids!

I know someone who's an assistant principal at a Jr. High. She says it's not a good feeling to leave for work in the morning, knowing you may not come home that night.

In my Portland, Or. high school, we had a teacher who'd drink during the day and often leave the classroom to go take some swigs, even in the middle of our exams...

:alco:

And logically we'd have someone read out the answers to the entire class while she stepped out.

:wine:

I mean, even us youngsters could tell from her face and her breath what was going on, but who really wanted to ruin a good thing?

:cheers2:

The sad part, was that sometime durring my senior year, after I left her class, I heard she died of liver failure.

:(

I had a nun in 4th grade who kept a bottle in her desk, 'we didn't want to ruin a good thing either.' By 2pm, she'd be sleeping at her desk! For the life of me, there were 45 kids in that room, we never woke her up or made too much noise to attract any other adult's attention.

If I fell asleep in class, much less had a drink, the kids would probably sneak out the fire door in my room and play outside! Worse yet, they might roll my chair, with me in it, outside! :laugh:

Forum List

Back