Teacher may loose job because she had a pic of the president in her room

Kathianne said:
A teacher that cannot/will not answer questions about something she/he has displayed in her/his room, should be fired.

Exactly what I was thinking..Ms.K...

I pulled this from the article...before I read your post.

"They weren't interested in the substance of the issue," she said.
I don't think she was either, else she would have discuss things with the
kids who ask about the pic.. If she was truly interested in teaching, as she says, she had the
perfect opportunity to do so. To teach..She sounds like a problem child to me.

Victor,

While I agree with some of what you said about mass media's affect on youth, I feel that at a middle school age, discussion about a Presidential Election should most definetly be part of the curriculum during an election year.

Its the President of the United States. Why shouldnt a teacher be allowed to hang a picture of the President in a classroom? These kids are supposed to be learning arent they? Considering there are a number of people who cant identify the President this sounds like a good idea.

Then she could simply say that she had the picture there with the Constitution as he is a branch of the Government. While I would want more students to be able to identify the President, this should not have been the issue the teacher made it.

no1tovote4 said:
Then she could simply say that she had the picture there with the Constitution as he is a branch of the Government. While I would want more students to be able to identify the President, this should not have been the issue the teacher made it.

Right, she could have said that or any of 100 other things. She chose not to. She should not be teaching.

Evey classroom in my elementary school had a picture of the preseident beaming down from the wall over the blackboard. Parents getting upset over such a picayune issue is just an extension of the endless coddling children are subjected to these days. Our children are not the fragile things we think they are. Protect them too much, and they will never be able to function in the real world.

Forum List

Back