Teacher Loses Job After Commenting About Students, Parents on Facebook

Yep she was totally unprofessional.

and how would Froggie know she was speaking the truth?

I sure could not discern that from the linked article.

I guess Froggy thinks all students and parents are:
"she wrote describing students as "germ bags" and parents as "snobby" and "arrogant."

I am not sure I would want someone stupid enough to post that being an administrator in our education system anyway.

Last edited:

she isn't a teacher, she's an administrator, and she lost her job for being stupid.

the fact that she's right has nothing to do with it. :lol:

That kind of thinking is part of what is wrong with the world today. people get so intimidated they're gettig afraid to speak up anymore. She has guts something a lot of people lack now-a-days

"she wrote describing students as "germ bags" and parents as "snobby" and "arrogant."

i'd agree with the germ bag part in general,that's what kids do, and since this is one town over from where i live, i'd agree with her assessment of a fair amount, not all, of the parents around here. additionally, she was a contract employee, so no one's going to have her back. people are really stupid about what they put out on the net.

I am not sure I would want someone stupid enough to post that being an administrator in our education system anyway.

Most are when it comes to school, to hear parents tell it their children are angles.

Making a stupid mistake does not mean a person is stupid. I would hope that the board looked at her entire career and not just an internet posting. Otherwise, that would be stupid. Maybe its time for school personnel to be offered malparactice insurance. A doctor makes a mistake; people can die. A teacher makes a mistake; someone might get insulted. Hmmmm.

Making a stupid mistake does not mean a person is stupid. I would hope that the board looked at her entire career and not just an internet posting. Otherwise, that would be stupid. Maybe its time for school personnel to be offered malparactice insurance. A doctor makes a mistake; people can die. A teacher makes a mistake; someone might get insulted. Hmmmm.

Intimidation is the key word.

i agree re: mistake, but she's only been with the system a year, and she's not a teacher, she's a *curriculum director*. she's also refusing to apologize, which is another stupid mistake.

I think other enterprises are also holding their employees accountable for comments made on social websites such as Facebook. Employees spend lots of time on these pages, even during business hours, and it does affect the workplace environment.

On the one hand, this teacher was only being very candid on what she thought was a private environment. It's a matter of opinion whether or not her comments really caused any great embarrassment to the school district since it's very obvious that these were her personal thoughts and opinions. In other words, it's not the same as her going to the news media and sharing these comments.

It isn't a matter of free speech. She can say whatever she wishes. But she's also accountable for what she says. Seems that she fully understands and accepts the consequences of her actions and it's others who do not.

i agree re: mistake, but she's only been with the system a year, and she's not a teacher, she's a *curriculum director*. she's also refusing to apologize, which is another stupid mistake.

Everyone's so afraid of offending others that they're giving up the one thing we use to hold so dear to us, freedom of speech. She shouldn't apologize if she believes in what she said.

If one of my employees was making disparaging remarks about any of our clients on face book, I'd be on them like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm and they'd be shit canned so fast that a week later they'd still be wondering what happened.

If one of my employees was making disparaging remarks about any of our clients on face book, I'd be on them like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm and they'd be shit canned so fast that a week later they'd still be wondering what happened.

That's another problem, everyones job scared so they just sit back, keep their mouth shut and take it. I say cheers to her.

That's another problem, everyones job scared so they just sit back, keep their mouth shut and take it. I say cheers to her.

Here is a term to ponder:

Plausible Deniability.

If your stupid enough to write and post comments on a public forum then you get to reap the whirlwind.

You can say whatever you want, just don't write it down.

Forum List

Back