Teacher Gives Autistic 5th Grader ‘Most Annoying’ Award

kinda.gif

I'd send mine to our public school again...and again...and again. Nice try though.

Sending your child to public education is the equivalent to child cruelty.

School apologizes after boy with autism given ‘most annoying’ award

The school ranks #1635 out of 1,767 schools schools in Indiana. It is not a stellar school by any stretch of the imagination. It is greater than 99% minority enrollment and 80% of the kids are on free lunch. It is an extremely poor inner city school. What did you expect? Even Mother Teresa would not teach there if they had a choice.

I know that the "politically correct" approach is to "mainstream" handicapped children, but I think it's a bad idea for all involved.

Homeschooling your child is child cruelty.

New Homeschooling Regulations Considered After Two Children Found Dead

Easy as falling off a log. And by the way, in just the school I teach, there is one family who is "homeschooling" next year that has NO business doing that. IOW, they're "homeschooling" to get overseeing adults off their case.

I know that the "politically correct" approach is to "mainstream" handicapped children, but I think it's a bad idea for all involved.

The backlash is starting--slowly but surely. The pendulum has swung but now it has swung too far. In the 70s special needs kids were hidden away and not allowed to interact with other children: BAD. But now, other children's education is being very negatively impacted by the high needs of a few, to the extent that children are regularly having to evacuate their own classrooms because someone is melting down.

I sense that parents are quite frankly so frustrated that they're ready to abandon the "politically correct", "well they have special needs so whaddarya gonna do" for "Nope my child has needs too".

And that is fair.

Can someone give this teacher a "worst attitude" award?

Of course that teacher is an idiot and should not be teaching.

But I resent the game of, "Let's find one idiot teacher and call them all idiots". I'm going to turn that game on Mr. Homeschool and see how he likes it

There was an autistic kid that went to school with me, we all just dealt with it. Yes, he was a spazz.

He couldn't really advance..they didn't have special programs then.

Easy as falling off a log. And by the way, in just the school I teach, there is one family who is "homeschooling" next year that has NO business doing that. IOW, they're "homeschooling" to get overseeing adults off their case.
Do I get a dollar for every child physically abused in a public school? When was the last mass murder in a home school? Shall we talk about how many in public schools have suffered mental abuse like the child in this OP?

I feel so blessed. We could actually pray when I was in public school. Now, hoo-boy! It's all kindsa crazy.

Do I get a dollar for every child physically abused in a public school? When was the last mass murder in a home school? Shall we talk about how many in public schools have suffered mental abuse like the child in this OP?

Homeschooling is gathering a LOT of problems. But of course, homeschoolers are handling it by total denial.

Homeschooling is gathering a LOT of problems. But of course, homeschoolers are handling it by total denial.
If I had children, I don't think I'd let them attend public school these days. It would have to be parochial. Bet you haven't that word in a while, lol!

It is hilariously IRONIC that this advocate says this about homeschooling oversight, even in the face of ongoing and worsening abuse in the homeschooling community:

“To create suspicion of an entire class of people because of the action of a very few is horrible,” said Mason, whose organization represents some 80,000 member families nationwide"

Yes, yes, we would never want to do THAT, right Weatherman? Like about public school teachers? LOL

For some, home schooling is not about learning. It’s about hiding child abuse.

It is hilariously IRONIC that this advocate says this about homeschooling oversight, even in the face of ongoing and worsening abuse in the homeschooling community:

“To create suspicion of an entire class of people because of the action of a very few is horrible,” said Mason, whose organization represents some 80,000 member families nationwide"

Yes, yes, we would never want to do THAT, right Weatherman? Like about public school teachers? LOL

I'm fully aware of that side of the coin. What if the alleged "child abuse" is just spanking that ass? This is how fucked up today's society is.

You ever hear "School Days"?

That Hickory stick is there for a reason. Yeah, that's something the internet has officially buried.

If I had children, I don't think I'd let them attend public school these days. It would have to be parochial. Bet you haven't that word in a while, lol!

You would not be sending your children to "THE public schools", but "A public school". One. There are over 132,000 public schools in the US. Some of them are stellar. Some of them are frankly abysmal. And everywhere in between. Some private schools are superior and some are worse than many public schools--much worse. Again. Judge on an individual basis.

I'm fully aware of that side of the coin. What if the alleged "child abuse" is just spanking that ass? This is how fucked up today's society is.

That Hickory stick is there for a reason.

These are kids being starved to death and held in chains. Read the article. We're not talking about spanking here.

That Hickory stick is there for a reason.

These are kids being starved to death and held in chains. Read the article. We're not talking about spanking here.

That's different, and wasn't that 9 years ago?

You would not be sending your children to "THE public schools", but "A public school". One. There are over 132,000 public schools in the US. Some of them are stellar. Some of them are frankly abysmal. And everywhere in between. Some private schools are superior and some are worse than many public schools--much worse. Again. Judge on an individual basis.

You're a teacher, and do not understand what "parochial" means, amirite? You're just younger than me, and that's OK. I know what the good schools are in my area. ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back