Teacher forces students to learn the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish

see this the problem. Most countries in the world have at least 2 official languages some even have more. Wy should we only have one language. Canada has 2 official languages(english and french). And if someone loves this country and is not able to express it in their language whats wrong with them saying the plege in spanish or in french or in whatever language.

America is multi cultral society which is one of the reasons i love this nation.

Instead of rejecting spanish we should be embracing it and other languages.

But Quebec PAYS people to learn French!!!

Why do you think Mexico is NOT multi-cultural?

While I am not thrilled with this story, and since the OP is lacking a link to a source it is already suspect, I am more bothered about the rote recitation of the Pledge by children more than their learning it in another language. I am of the opinion that, prior to saying the pledge, there should be a lesson on it's history and it's meaning. When they're finished with that, they may be ready to recite the Pledge.

Oh, and let's take it back to the pre "Under GOD" version. The cold war is over, not every family is hip with the GOD thing. At the very least, make that version available to those who prefer it.

But that's just my opinion...

PRESS 2 for Spanish

PRESS 3 for God

Teach American children:

50 million people died in World War 2, what did Latin America contribute?

More Russians died in WW2 than the entire population of Mexico at that time.

There are over 125 countries poorer than Mexico. Who will feed them if Mexicans take over the US?

And they made us learn French when I was in second grade.

God damned Frere Jacque

This is dumb.
It was a Spanish class, saying the pledge in Spanish was an assignment.

There is nothing wrong with it, except a lot of false bravado.

I have a relative who teaches ESL and citizenship, getting ready for the naturalization exam. She has the class pledge in Spanish and then in English. The newbs in class find it a wonderful exercise.

Anybody who wants to improve their English, should take a semester or two of grammar and composition in another language.

Exactly!

They should also take a extensive US History class, and American government.

I think that is already required for citizenship

[
I have learned more spanish from Dora, than I ever did in high school. :lol:
What is the right going to do when the 10 and under generation grow up accepting spanish and latinos?

....accepting spanish, latinos, and the drug/gang culture they bring from Latin America.

Don't forget Maya and Miguel.

program-art-mayaandmiguel.gif

You'll notice they don't look anything like any Mexican you ever met. Maya isn't a fat pregnant slob and Miguel isn't a gang banging piece of crap, covered with tattoos, and gets the family shot up in every episode.

Last edited:
Sesame Street forced my kds to count to ten in Spanish...

Those bastards!

Forum List

Back