Teacher fired when student on field trip to museum sees Nude sculpture

I'm not sure what gave you that idea.... it seems clear that someone had issues that little johnny or joanie saw a naked statue and the school needed a sacrificial lamb. Gonna be huge trouble for the school if she had glowing reports prior, as you said. But just goes to show that you can't appease the nutters.

You better not piss off the "nutters"----it will only make it easier for them to recruit ! :banana:

I'm not sure what gave you that idea.... it seems clear that someone had issues that little johnny or joanie saw a naked statue and the school needed a sacrificial lamb. Gonna be huge trouble for the school if she had glowing reports prior, as you said. But just goes to show that you can't appease the nutters.
I said what I based my opinion on, what do you yours?

Who you define as 'nutters.'

You think I need to substantiate that opinion? I can make it clearer, I guess... anyone who has a problem with their kid looking at classical art because there are nudes.... anyone who would cover statues a la John Ashcroft.... is a nutter.

Anyone is, of course, free to disagree. It's just my opinion.... though I'd wager most would agree it's over the top.

You think I need to substantiate that opinion? I can make it clearer, I guess... anyone who has a problem with their kid looking at classical art because there are nudes.... anyone who would cover statues a la John Ashcroft.... is a nutter.

Anyone is, of course, free to disagree. It's just my opinion.... though I'd wager most would agree it's over the top.
I made my point more clear earlier, you could have just seconded it. pfffttt

That opinion somehow doesn't surprises me coming from someone who tolerates a married president getting a blow job from an intern in the oval office.

My guess is that like many art teachers, she is strong in opinions, weak on knowledge, clueless in how to tie to curriculum, but the principal gave glowing evaluations, until (s)he had another in mind.

Truth is, for how 'soft' education is, art/music teachers go outside where most teachers are. They push for 'no grades' are against 'disciplinary measures' though go ape shit over behavior to the 'homeroom' teacher and certain kids. They miss those most gifted in music and art, because those kids are not necessarily the most 'artistic' personality wise. Not exaggerating or joking. I've observed such in both private, public, middle school and high school.

Kathianne... I studied art for 3 years in college. This was one of the biggest reason s I changed my major: I didn't fit in with the type of people with whom I was supposedly going to spend the rest of my life working. There is DEFINITELY a a "personality philosophy" in the art world.

Keep trolling, you will be banned. Seriously. You've been outed by more than me for long enough.

Honest or banned, your choice. Warning one.

LOL! I can be pretty naive about this kind of thing... but it even seems obvious to ME that that poster is a troll!

If someone was THAT "conservative," one would have to wonder what he/she was doing on the evil internet in the first place!

Forum List

Back