Teacher Evaluations

"Teachers have been in the news recently too, as the Chicago teachers’ union strikes against flat salaries, evaluations and testing. Just how are the country’s teachers hired, evaluated and paid? The answers might surprise you, especially if you work in the private sector......

......No wonder teachers’ unions fight so hard against common-sense reform of our education system. While school choice programs like DC’s Opportunity Scholarship Program are creating real results for a fraction of the cost of our creaky and monopolistic public education behemoth, the real beneficiaries of the billions of dollars Americans pour into education every year are teachers and administrators, and they have a very real incentive to keep the gravy train rolling."

26 States DON

Public school teachers are nothing but bureaucrats, and a bureaucrats primary function in life is to ensure the continuance of the burearcaracy, actually doing a job is secondary.

"Teachers have been in the news recently too, as the Chicago teachers’ union strikes against flat salaries, evaluations and testing. Just how are the country’s teachers hired, evaluated and paid? The answers might surprise you, especially if you work in the private sector......

......No wonder teachers’ unions fight so hard against common-sense reform of our education system. While school choice programs like DC’s Opportunity Scholarship Program are creating real results for a fraction of the cost of our creaky and monopolistic public education behemoth, the real beneficiaries of the billions of dollars Americans pour into education every year are teachers and administrators, and they have a very real incentive to keep the gravy train rolling."

26 States DON

Public school teachers are nothing but bureaucrats, and a bureaucrats primary function in life is to ensure the continuance of the burearcaracy, actually doing a job is secondary.

As evidenced by your comma splice and spelling.

The money isn't enough to make Chicago a great place to teach.
- rampant gangs
- increasing murder rate
- student/parent indifference
- lack of adequate educational material

How are these factors considered in teacher evaluations? To get accurate results in science, we test a variable at a time against one or more constants. Teachers are up to their ears in variables on a daily basis.

I lived in the Chicagoland area and although I was far from the inner city, I encountered gangs as early as middle school. This was when District 112 was one of the best school districts in the nation (not sure where they rank now). Mind you, this was the SUBURBS.

Teachers need to be evaluated. But evaluate them on the things you can evaluate them on fairly.
Ignorance seems reason-enough to tell them to.....

slap_3f.gif

Fuckin' Bimbo!!!

Shove your teachers evaluations up your ass. I happen to have a dear friend who is a Chicago teacher. He tells me how he waits months for materials like, oh you know, fucking text books for his 41 students in a single goddamn class (which happens to be in a trailer)

Class size DOES matter Mr. Romney, you douche.

Is that the fault of the taxpayers? Nope, blame the school administration. That's hardly an excuse for letting public schools off the hook. It's just one of the many reasons they should be given the heave-ho.

Furthermore, average class size in this country is around 25, not 41. In DC, they spend $17,000 per student per year. For a class size of 30, that comes to $340,000 per classroom. DC schools are the worst in the country. For that amount of money they can't manage to teach grade schoolers to read, write and arithmatic.

There's simply no excuse for such incompetence.

And if the PARTS of the bridge being built were living breathing objects....some of them WANTING TO become parts of a bridge, some not wanting to be part of a bridge at all, many not caring one way or other, some broken when delivered, some not delivered at all.....what then? The engineer would still be held responsible? I think not.

Better yet, let's base doctors' and dentists' pay and employment on the medical and dental health of all the people who live in their area and their patients.

Their pay is based on the health of their patients. You analogy only incriminates public schools.

Shove your teachers evaluations up your ass. I happen to have a dear friend who is a Chicago teacher. He tells me how he waits months for materials like, oh you know, fucking text books for his 41 students in a single goddamn class (which happens to be in a trailer)

Bullshit. The average classroom size for K-12 schools in Illinoise is 23.3

http://www.parentsunited.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/nces-classsizesheet.pdf

You've been nailed.

That's a budget matter. What exactly does that have to do with evaluating teacher performance?
I guess that'd be dependent upon who's budget is being evaluated....

"A for-profit school that was hyped by Republican lawmakers as a solution to Tennessee’s education problems recently admitted deleting bad grades to “more accurately recognize students’ current progress

:eusa_whistle:

Mrs. H. received glowing evaluations in each of her four years as an elementary school teacher.

In the end, it was all for shit. She was fired, rather than granted tenure. Career ruined.

She wasn't part of the "crowd". Had no close personal relationships with administrators, was not related to administrators or their friends, did not attend the right churches or move in any social circles.

And that's what it's all about. You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out.

It's a Hoky Poky dance.

I've related this very story to currently employed teachers, retired teachers, fired teachers...

...and without fail, they have all silently nodded their heads in agreement.

It is rampant, it is nationwide.

Wake the fuck up.

26 States DON

If teachers weren't in a union, would you care? I haven't heard any right-winger complain about what Scab Inc. is doing.

26 States DON

If teachers weren't in a union, would you care? I haven't heard any right-winger complain about what Scab Inc. is doing.

Teachers without Union are teachers laid bare. And teachers laid bare are teachers exposed.

Teachers exposed would not have jobs without Union.

26 States DON

Teachers without Union are teachers laid bare. And teachers laid bare are teachers exposed.

Teachers exposed would not have jobs without Union.

It's a good thing those teachers in Sandy Hook weren't Republicans.

I think it's fair to say that everyone participating in this discussion knows how to read and write. But who actually remembers learning to read? I'm 65 and I can't recall any clear memories of the experience. But something (I can't recall now what it was) motivated me to apply myself to making the effort. Is the implication of the problems in the educational system (measured by test scores) that these young students arn't motivated as we were to master a basic skill like reading and writing? I do recall that some of my early public school teachers were poor to mediocre in their abilities to teach, and there occasionally was an issue with large class sizes, but I believe that the entire class did ultimately become functionally literate, i.e. mastered the basic skills of reading and writing.

Last edited:

26 States DON

No self-respecting teacher should EVER belong to a union.

Unions are for those who are incapable of speaking for themselves, due to lack of mental acuity, those who want to resolve any disagreement with bullying and violence, those who must emphasize their opinions/views with vulgar profanities, those whose job is a job, while teaching should be not be considered a job, but a dedicated VOCATION.

If a person needs a union thug to speak for him/her, how can that person be trusted to teach? If a person needs union protection for doing a lousy job as a teacher, how can that person be trusted to impart the sense of self-worth to children?

Last edited:

26 States DON

Unions are for those who are incapable of speaking for themselves, due to lack of mental acuity, those who want to resolve any disagreement with bullying and violence, those who must emphasize their opinions/views with vulgar profanities, those whose job is a job, while teaching should be not be considered a job, but a dedicated VOCATION.

If a person needs a union thug to speak for him/her, how can that person be trusted to teach? If a person needs union protection for doing a lousy job as a teacher, how can that person be trusted to impart the sense of self-worth to children?

Wow...you haven't a clue.

I am ALL for holding services providers accountable for the quality of their services rendered.

Just as soon as SOMEBODY shows me how to do that in a rational way.

Standardized tests can definitely show us how the students are doing that IS true.

What they cannot show us is the effect any teacher has actually had on that student.

Here's a thought...

Every person who ever sees a doctor IS going to sicken and die.

Does that mean that medicine is a complete failure?

26 States DON

You are full of shit. Most of you right-wing clowns would love to belong to a union, but you down them out of your own selfishness.

Forum List

Back