Teacher Evaluations

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
"Teachers have been in the news recently too, as the Chicago teachers’ union strikes against flat salaries, evaluations and testing. Just how are the country’s teachers hired, evaluated and paid? The answers might surprise you, especially if you work in the private sector......

......No wonder teachers’ unions fight so hard against common-sense reform of our education system. While school choice programs like DC’s Opportunity Scholarship Program are creating real results for a fraction of the cost of our creaky and monopolistic public education behemoth, the real beneficiaries of the billions of dollars Americans pour into education every year are teachers and administrators, and they have a very real incentive to keep the gravy train rolling."

26 States DON

Imagine if less than half of the nation’s engineers were held accountable for the results they produced. I wouldn’t want to cross any bridges.

Imagine being so stupid as to NOT understanding why service industries to PEOPLE are different than being a services creating inanimate objects.

Oh wait, I fogot..so many of us are THAT STUPID that we cannot understand how those two professions are wildly different.

Idiots.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Keep it in context.

According to the National Council on Teacher Quality, only 24 states tie teacher evaluations in any way to concrete signs of student progress. That means that in over half the states, teachers are not held responsible for the actual, measurable progress of their students. Of those 24, only 12 actually use student achievement as the most important factor in evaluations. Imagine if less than half of the nation’s engineers were held accountable for the results they produced. I wouldn’t want to cross any bridges.

Shove your teachers evaluations up your ass. I happen to have a dear friend who is a Chicago teacher. He tells me how he waits months for materials like, oh you know, fucking text books for his 41 students in a single goddamn class (which happens to be in a trailer)

Class size DOES matter Mr. Romney, you douche.

• Banned
Shove your teachers evaluations up your ass. I happen to have a dear friend who is a Chicago teacher. He tells me how he waits months for materials like, oh you know, fucking text books for his 41 students in a single goddamn class (which happens to be in a trailer)

That's a budget matter. What exactly does that have to do with evaluating teacher performance?

That's a budget matter. What exactly does that have to do with evaluating teacher performance?

Stopped ignoring me did you?

Since the teachers are rated on their student's performance, it has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Teachers need to be evaluated. But evaluate them on the things you can evaluate them on fairly. Teachers need to be more of evaluators of talent, they need to be able to see where are children excell and where they don't. They need to guide them into the areas they excell at so they can be successful in life.

Chicago school teachers the highest paid in the nation but that wasn't good enough for em. They had to strike and deprive the children of two weeks education. They have the lowest performance too, their kids don't graduate. the kids are illiterate..no wonder the don't want to be evaluated. Just do shitty work and get paid by the taxpayers who make a third of what you make. It's the best damn game in town.. and did you know that the Chicago school teachers send their own children to private school? That shouldn't be allowed.

I have no problems with teacher evaluations but question the proper method to evaluate them

Right now, an arbitrary test is established and you are evaluated on how many you can get over the pass line

Each student is different. Their capabilities are different. If a teacher is given a class full of upper middle class students with college aspirations, getting them to meet some minimum standard is not hard. If you are given a class full of students who don't want to be there and parents don't care if they pass or not....meeting that standard is close to impossible

If you can take a failing student and get him to attend class every day and perform at a basic level, you have done your job regardless of whether he can pass some test

So...you don't think THAT teacher should be evaluated on his 41-students-in-a-trailer-without-books performance?

So...you don't think THAT teacher should be evaluated on his 41-students-in-a-trailer-without-books performance?

The schools should be getting the evaluations, not the teachers.

Chicago school teachers the highest paid in the nation but that wasn't good enough for em. They had to strike and deprive the children of two weeks education. They have the lowest performance too, their kids don't graduate. the kids are illiterate..no wonder the don't want to be evaluated. Just do shitty work and get paid by the taxpayers who make a third of what you make. It's the best damn game in town.. and did you know that the Chicago school teachers send their own children to private school? That shouldn't be allowed.

Fuck your "it's about the kids" bullshit. If it was about the kids, they wouldn't be in 41 student classrooms.

Everybody in the whole world gets evaluated on job performance except for shitty teachers. Now why is that?

Fuck your "it's about the kids" bullshit. If it was about the kids, they wouldn't be in 41 student classrooms.

bullshit, try again

Beretta used manufacturing as an example. He wasn't far off...

Evaluating teachers based on student performance is like paying someone based on the number of widgets they make...then not giving them the materials to make the wiget.

Evaluating teachers based on student performance is like paying someone based on the number of widgets they make...then not giving them the materials to make the wiget.

"Beretta" did no such thing.

According to the National Council on Teacher Quality, only 24 states tie teacher evaluations in any way to concrete signs of student progress. That means that in over half the states, teachers are not held responsible for the actual, measurable progress of their students. Of those 24, only 12 actually use student achievement as the most important factor in evaluations. Imagine if less than half of the nation’s engineers were held accountable for the results they produced. I wouldn’t want to cross any bridges.---Inez Feltscher

"Beretta" did no such thing.

According to the National Council on Teacher Quality, only 24 states tie teacher evaluations in any way to concrete signs of student progress. That means that in over half the states, teachers are not held responsible for the actual, measurable progress of their students. Of those 24, only 12 actually use student achievement as the most important factor in evaluations. Imagine if less than half of the nation’s engineers were held accountable for the results they produced. I wouldn’t want to cross any bridges.---Inez Feltscher

And if the PARTS of the bridge being built were living breathing objects....some of them WANTING TO become parts of a bridge, some not wanting to be part of a bridge at all, many not caring one way or other, some broken when delivered, some not delivered at all.....what then? The engineer would still be held responsible? I think not.

Better yet, let's base doctors' and dentists' pay and employment on the medical and dental health of all the people who live in their area and their patients.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back