Teacher Dress Codes: yes or no?

Teacher Dress Codes: yes or no?

• Yes and explain

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No and explain

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
See? You are disagreed with, and you start acting all authoritarian and uptight.

Losen up, Pogo.

Pogo, did you go to a school with a dress code or required uniform?

Or is that you are just living a super duper libertarian hippy "against the Man" syndrome?

It could be both yanno.

First several years I went to Catholic school with its bullshit fake ties and the girls in their bullshit mandatory uniforms. I eventually escaped and nobody else in the family was condemned to that shit again after that point. For my entire life I have referred to that establishment as "the prison". Because that's exactly what it was.

Then in my professional career for years I was expected to wear a monkey suit. My protest statements were of necessity limited to creative tie patterns for which I got notorious. That too faded into the past with the eventual social rebellion against the mandatory conformity thing, and now I wear what I want and it's one hell of a lot more practical in a job that requires physical exertion.

I don't miss either of those nightmares in the slightest. Good riddance. The idea that one has to dress/act/speak a certain way only for somebody else's jollies is repugnant.

Last edited:
See? You are disagreed with, and you start acting all authoritarian and uptight.

Losen up, Pogo.

I ain't the one telling people what to wear, now am I.

It's curious, Jake, that you purport to put up an objective poll, call for honest objective responses, and then want to change votes you don't like. So much for objective.

Last edited:
Yes. Male instructors should be wearing slacks, non-athletic shoes, and a collared shirt with full sleeves. Female instructors should be wear g a sleeved dress or blouse and skirt. Either way the hem must be mid-shin or lower and sleeves should be full length. The cut of the blouse/dresss top should not expose any significant cleavage.

Yes ...

top-spy-app-teacher-sex-with-student.jpg

A friend is going to work in a conservative religious school: no elbows or collarbones visible.

I have always thought teachers' dress requirements should generally meet those of the students.

Teachers should be models of appropriate dress and behavior, as well as instructors.

The poll is easy: yes or no. Let's not hear any snowflake whining. Give us your opinion in a sensible manner.

I vote a resounding yes.
Teachers should dress like authority figures. No one is going to respect them if they dress like the kids

No, because "dress code" means uniformity, and uniformity sucks. It's a strongarm way to bury individuality, creativity, personal expression and it drops the hammer of authoritarianism.

Creative people find a way to display their individuality even with a uniform

But you must not be very creative

There is nothing wring with school uniforms if kids want to put on a fashion show they can do it after school

It's got zero to do with "fashion" or "looks" in any way.
It has to do with mind control and authoritarianism. It could be a "required" dress code, a "required" speech code, a "requred" religion, a "requred" cultural anything. When you're dictating robot behaviour, in whatever way, you're suppressing people. Period.

Arrested Development bullshit. Time to grow up, brainless hippie wannabe.

See what I mean about the authoritarian bullshit? ....

See what I mean about emo-queens who never grew up?

Pogo, did you go to a school with a dress code or required uniform?

Or is that you are just living a super duper libertarian hippy "against the Man" syndrome?

It could be both yanno.

First several years I went to Catholic school with its bullshit fake ties and the girls in their bullshit mandatory uniforms. I eventually escaped and nobody else in the family was condemned to that shit again after that point. For my entire life I have referred to that establishment as "the prison". Because that's exactly what it was.

Then in my professional career for years I was expected to wear a monkey suit. My protest statements were of necessity limited to creative tie patterns for which I got notorious. That too faded into the past with the eventual social rebellion against the mandatory conformity thing, and now I wear what I want and it's one hell of a lot more practical in a job that requires physical exertion.

I don't miss either of those nightmares in the slightest. Good riddance. The idea that one has to dress/act/speak a certain way only for somebody else's jollies is repugnant.

:206::206::206:

Losen up, Pogo.

It's curious, Jake, that you purport to put up an objective poll, call for honest objective responses, and then want to change votes you don't like. So much for objective.
Yup, you are authoritarian and not honest, either.

You have an opinion, like we all do.

You express your opinion, like we all do.

You disagree, which is your right.

But when I disagree, I am being a bully.

Grow up and act like an adult.

You disagree with me: I can live with you. And so should you.

Losen up, Pogo.

Come off it, that's dishonest. YOU brought up "bully", not me. I simply observed that you asked for responses, and when you got one you don't agree with you get all butthurt. You purported to offer a choice of two responses, yet only one is "approved". :eusa_hand:

That means you weren't honest about asking for responses in the first place. Apparently you just want an echo chamber on this one. You won't get it from me.

And I don't do Doublethink --- the authoritarian position would be dictating a dress code. That's the position I'm against. So you're full of shit.

Losen up, Pogo.

Come off it, that's dishonest. YOU brought up "bully", not me. I simply observed that you asked for responses, and when you got one you don't agree with you get all butthurt.

That means you weren't honest about asking for responses in the first place. Apparently you just want an echo chamber on this one. You won't get it from me.

And I don't do Doublethink --- the authoritarian position would be dictating a dress code. That's the position I'm against. So you're full of shit.
And you prove my point.

You go to an educational institution, you accept the rules.

Female teachers that wear dresses up to their crotch, boobs hanging out with low cut tops, skin tight clothes....that is unprofessional. Yes, they need a dress code. Suits? No. Too hot. Too uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with nice golf-like shirts (polo) and khaki's for summer...nice mens sweaters for winter. For ladies...a longish skirt, blouse or sweater, decent shoes (NO HEELS).

And all students should have some sort of uniformity of color and style, not necessarily UNIforms.

No, because "dress code" means uniformity, and uniformity sucks. It's a strongarm way to bury individuality, creativity, personal expression and it drops the hammer of authoritarianism.

That’s quite a leap that dress code = uniformity. All it means is nothing too provocative generally. An entire student body of 100’s of students can all be dressed within the dress code and none could be wearing the same thing.

A friend is going to work in a conservative religious school: no elbows or collarbones visible.

I have always thought teachers' dress requirements should generally meet those of the students.

Teachers should be models of appropriate dress and behavior, as well as instructors.

The poll is easy: yes or no. Let's not hear any snowflake whining. Give us your opinion in a sensible manner.

I vote a resounding yes.

I suspect that most schools already have a dress code, no matter how loosely defined, for teachers and students. Am I wrong? Are there schools out there where a teacher could show up in a halter top and short shorts to teach and wouldn’t be called to the principals office?

Losen up, Pogo.

Come off it, that's dishonest. YOU brought up "bully", not me. I simply observed that you asked for responses, and when you got one you don't agree with you get all butthurt.

And you prove my point.

You go to an educational institution, you accept the rules.

If you have the CHOICE of going to that institution, sure.

I didn't. I was sentenced to it, out of my parents' ignorance. Took me six years to break free but as noted, once I did, nobody behind me got that prison sentence again.

You're welcome, younger siblings. Glad I could #$^&*% help.

This is part of what the social revolution of the Sixties was about --- calling out mindless conformity. And good goddam riddance to it. :death:

11111-hat-pic.jpg

"Baaaah...."​

I vote a resounding yes.
Teachers should dress like authority figures. No one is going to respect them if they dress like the kids

The crucial term there is "authority figure".

A teacher should be a teacher --- not an "authority figure". Authority figures are for the military. A teacher should be offering --- not inflicting -- his or her wisdom. More like a gift than an order. If some student is doing his lesson not because it interests him but because he'll be punished if he doesn't, we've thrown away the whole concept of teaching and what it means.

Which we probably have anyway but just saying -- if we're setting them up to be authority figures then what they're doing is not teaching, but indoctrinating.

Forum List

Back