Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith? Faith should be tested. Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

A good lesson for those who want to bring back prayer to school

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith?

I suspect more will come out, like this teacher was either grotesquely misunderstood or she is a wack job.

Faith should be tested.

But not by public school teachers that we leave our children with each day under penalty of law.

Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

I dont know. I think peace and prosperity is one of the harshest trials of faith ever, and such periods of time leads to more loss of faith, loss of a religious dimension to peoples lives.

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith?

I suspect more will come out, like this teacher was either grotesquely misunderstood or she is a wack job.

Faith should be tested.

But not by public school teachers that we leave our children with each day under penalty of law.

Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

I dont know. I think peace and prosperity is one of the harshest trials of faith ever, and such periods of time leads to more loss of faith, loss of a religious dimension to peoples lives.

Would agree grade school isn't the place for this so much as college.

Prayer never left school, R.W.. There are students that pray at school every single day across America. The teachers might not pray in front of their students but there is still prayer in school. To remove prayer from school you'd have to first remove every single believer in Jesus Christ from school property. I have yet to see that happen.

note - If I am not mistaken the Muslim students are given a room to pray in at school during school hours.

Last edited:

Faith should be tested.

Would agree grade school isn't the place for this so much as college.
Christian college, yes, if it is part of their training in evangelism. You cannot target Christians in a secular school. It's called discrimination.

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith? Faith should be tested. Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

Yeah, but this sounds like bad teacher bs.

How pathetic. Schools should be eliminated as kids can educate themselves now with Internec so readily available. The schools really contribute nothing constructive. It's one more needless administrative structure which sucks up taxpayer dollars and provides zero benefits. Good riddance!

I agree with you that faith has to be tested. I disagree with you that it is the job of a secular school system to do the testing.

This looks like a another bear trap for half-cocked conservatives.
Be careful out there people!
Thereis a lot of validity to that observation. Conservatives have been hoodwinked by more than just a few stories, but this one does come with a video.

My guess is that at best the child is confused about what the teacher meant, but I doubt it, she seems pretty well put together.

Time will tell. I would like to hear the teachers side of the story before hanging a rope.

I agree with you that faith has to be tested. I disagree with you that it is the job of a secular school system to do the testing.

Didn't mean to suggest schools had that responsibility. Was speaking in general.

How pathetic. Schools should be eliminated as kids can educate themselves now with Internec so readily available. The schools really contribute nothing constructive. It's one more needless administrative structure which sucks up taxpayer dollars and provides zero benefits. Good riddance!
Technology is moving things in that direction. Certification and transcripts for certified colleges is the snag there, but the coming cashless barter economy will make live action college irrelevant and too expensive compared to virtual campuses that are free.

Didn't mean to suggest schools had that responsibility. Was speaking in general.

Okay. You did bring up a very good point, Delta. Without faith being tested we do not know how strong it is and how much it can endure. Faith has to be tested.

Right...get rid of schools.........

Prayer never left school, R.W.. There are students that pray at school every single day across America. The teachers might not pray in front of their students but there is still prayer in school. To remove prayer from school you'd have to first remove every single believer in Jesus Christ from school property. I have yet to see that happen.

note - If I am not mistaken the Muslim students are given a room to pray in at school during school hours.
Very true...it was never an issue of whether students could pray to themselves but whether a teacher could lead them in prayer

Notice the outrage when a teacher tells them there is no God?

Being forced to consider faith and belief I came up with this in school. College, not 7th grade though :)

"Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But I say, "The unchallenged faith is not worth sharing. For just as vigorous exercise causes microscopic tears in muscle, and fractures in bones which then grow back stronger than before, so does having our faith in things challenged, struck, shaken, and scutinized, after which, it reforms stronger precisely because it was attacked.""

Public Schools are the devil.

You better believe it....I pity the children there

Forum List

Back