Teabaggers!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010

There has been a lot of talk here about teabaggers. Lots of well thought out and not so well thought out posts. Thread after thread of tea bagger this and tea bagger that. Lots of "yes you are" and "no I am not" "yes I am" and "no your not" comments thrown around like insults.There seems to be a rabid dislike or undying love of this tea bagger thing. People run hot and cold towards the idea of tea baggers.

So what’s your bag?

I am a black tea girl when it comes to tea. I prefer Darjeeling or a fine Earl Grey. I like it hot in the morning and cold in the afternoons.

Sometimes tea doesn’t need bags. The good stuff is always loose. Just add boiling water and watch the steam as it steeps.

The one tea that I have never liked nor ever will I suspect, is Gunpowder tea. Loose or contained in bags it just has a bad taste.

There is an idea, Gunpowder tea bags. Add boiling water, watch for steam and see it it explodes. :lol:

Says the girl who is savoring as I write, a nice cup of custom blended coffee. Hot of course with sugar and cream.

• Banned
I like Green Tea, but tried the new White Tea, it is smoother and has less caffeine

Am I racist because I prefer White Tea?

Tea racist!

Just as you cant say black you cant say white. Its CAUCASIAN tea!

You know...a good all around well balanced tea that is fine to serve for any Caucasian!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

There has been a lot of talk here about teabaggers. Lots of well thought out and not so well thought out posts. Thread after thread of tea bagger this and tea bagger that. Lots of "yes you are" and "no I am not" "yes I am" and "no your not" comments thrown around like insults.There seems to be a rabid dislike or undying love of this tea bagger thing. People run hot and cold towards the idea of tea baggers.

So what’s your bag?

I am a black tea girl when it comes to tea. I prefer Darjeeling or a fine Earl Grey. I like it hot in the morning and cold in the afternoons.

Sometimes tea doesn’t need bags. The good stuff is always loose. Just add boiling water and watch the steam as it steeps.

The one tea that I have never liked nor ever will I suspect, is Gunpowder tea. Loose or contained in bags it just has a bad taste.

There is an idea, Gunpowder tea bags. Add boiling water, watch for steam and see it it explodes. :lol:

Says the girl who is savoring as I write, a nice cup of custom blended coffee. Hot of course with sugar and cream.

I'm with ya...I love the tea. A gallon of it cold every day.. with lemon. Doc says nix the sugar last month so I'm depressed. I use this over priced crap.."truvia"...not even close to sugar. And..it's not cuz I'm fat.. He wacked me on the knees..zero reaction!.. So I'm lookin at him and he looks up and says.. "cut out all sugar!" Are you fuckin kidding???? He should try sneakin into the motel and smackin me with a hammer while I'm sleeping!!! Damn skippy he would get a reaction!!!

Just sayin..:lol::lol::lol:

• Banned
I'm with ya...I love the tea. A gallon of it cold every day.. with lemon. Doc says nix the sugar last month so I'm depressed. I use this over priced crap.."truvia"...not even close to sugar. And..it's not cuz I'm fat.. He wacked me on the knees..zero reaction!.. So I'm lookin at him and he looks up and says.. "cut out all sugar!" Are you fuckin kidding???? He should try sneakin into the motel and smackin me with a hammer while I'm sleeping!!! Damn skippy he would get a reaction!!!

Just sayin..:lol::lol::lol:

Splenda! Glad you like iced tea too. I can do a gallon a day too when it is hot. But it must be sweet tea.

Just so long as the Doctor keeps the hammer way from your ball peen you will do just fine.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yes, most people cannot taste any difference between dissolved Splenda and dissolved sugar, and Splenda doesn't have the bad rep that Nutrasweet and some of the older no calorie sweeteners have acquired.

I love Earl Grey hot. Just old fashioned orange pekoe is fine for iced tea though--I prefer it unsweetened but can drink it either way. Brewed though. Not instant.

I also keep an assortment of flavored teas - Peppermint, Cinnamon, Constant Comment, etc.- on hand when I'm in the mood for something different.

• Banned
Yes, most people cannot taste any difference between dissolved Splenda and dissolved sugar, and Splenda doesn't have the bad rep that Nutrasweet and some of the older no calorie sweeteners have acquired.

I love Earl Grey hot. Just old fashioned orange pekoe is fine for iced tea though--I prefer it unsweetened but can drink it either way. Brewed though. Not instant.

I also keep an assortment of flavored teas - Peppermint, Cinnamon, Constant Comment, etc.- on hand when I'm in the mood for something different.

Me too. I have lots of different flavored teas. I am liking Chi right now with cream and sugar... and a new one CHOCOLATE!!!! YUMMY!

:)

I'm a black tea girl. Usually Earl Grey - hot, no sugar or cream. But recently my husband made me some Irish Breakfast with french vanilla creamer in it...tasted like grown-up hot chocolate, it was divine.

i used to drink coffee everyday....stomach started hurting and i never felt refreshed....wife's brother only drinks tea....said i should try it

i love tea. stomach is fine and i'm not constantly wigged out. i like lychee tea...put a bit of creamer in and man, taste great and a bit like coffee

get a hundred bags for 6 bucks at the asian store, i drink 2-3 bags a day and i save a lot of money by not going to starbucks or the local coffee shops anymore....apparently about $100/mo

Forum List

Back