Tea with terrorists

Obamanation -

Ah, I see. So now you'd like to have Qaddafi back, or what?

A things stand, all 3 countries (Libya, Egypt and Tunisia) have governments which are more pro-western and more peaceful than they did a year or so ago.

So really any objective person is going to welcome that.

What the US right wing SHOULD be doing is getting in behind those moderate governments and showing support for those leader. It's a shame partisanhip prevents that, so that you may end up backing nutvase extremists again - just as you did with the Mujahadeen.

Now seriously...are some of us really trying to suggest that Obama, rather than the people in Arab nations, is responsible for the Arab Spring?

I mean, come on kids, that's completely peposterous.

Obamanation -

A things stand, all 3 countries (Libya, Egypt and Tunisia) have governments which are more pro-western and more peaceful than they did a year or so ago.

What the US right wing SHOULD be doing is getting in behind those moderate governments and showing support for those leader. It's a shame partisanhip prevents that, so that you may end up backing nutvase extremists again - just as you did with the Mujahadeen.

See this is where we have real differences. You ask me if I'd like to have Qaddafi back -- he wasn't my leader -- but I know when he was their leader Sirya wasn't going to work with 4 other muslim nations in an effort to stregthen muslim interests. So, would I like him back in charge --- I dunno, very hard to say whats best or worst. Sometimes it may be best to not pick a side.

You say that all 3 are more "pro-western" than they were 3 years ago. How do we really know where their heart lies? They are saying what they think we want to hear for the most part, but their book of worship specifically tells them to war with anyone who doesn;t share their beliefs. The results of this belief go back to the beginning of recorded history. Can you really have a "pro-western" muslim.

I am a practicing Christian who holds no hate for muslims. I only put that as a preface.

If I find a Christian who doesn't practice the guides put forth in the Bible I consider that they back-slid. Apply the same logic to a muslim. Their book tells them to kill infidels - if that isn't their intention they have back-slid.

The bottom line is that a "good" muslim, like a "good" Christian trys to follow the guides of the book that defines their beliefs. As long as they carry the faith along, there will ALWAYS, be "good" muslims looking to kill infidels.

So here we are, giving them assistance by allowing the dominant factions to elevate in multiple countries creating an organized muslim world - telling us everything we want to hear.

I'm sure you won't see my points (at least entirely), but frankly, it's almost as scary to me as the imminent financial crisis that our country will face in the next 5-10 years if we don't quit borrowing .40 of every dollar our gov't spends.

Now seriously...are some of us really trying to suggest that Obama, rather than the people in Arab nations, is responsible for the Arab Spring?

I mean, come on kids, that's completely peposterous.

I can see how you inferred that from my post. It was not my intention to suggest that Obama was the driving force in the Arab Spring. Converselty, to pretend that Obama's stance and limited involvement in things in and around the arab spring have had no effect on the current status of the middle east (and the obvious growing unions), is every bit as preposterous.

Obamanation -

oh, and partisanship is a two way street. You better check your own party for polarizing activities as well.

When it comes to muslim nations - and they are chasing their own tails -- maybe we should let them. If we help them to straighten up we may find they would rather pounce on us!

The riots in the streets all over the middle east would tend to disprove your fairy-tale notions...

They aren't directing their hate towards China you know.

We give the muslim brotherhood top billing throughout the region and lefties shout about a triumphant Obama??

disillusioned fools!

I'd suggest laying off the fox and beck, you have been completely mindfucked by their propaganda.

Right, and Obama has the middle east in the palm of his hand...

except for the 4 DEAD Americans. RIGHT??

Collateral damage and the price paid for Obama's love fest with his Islamist idols.

Oppressive regimes in Tunisia, Libya and Egypt have been toppled, replaced with fledgling democracies for millions of people in the Arab world.

I'd say it's working out pretty well.

The riots in the streets all over the middle east would tend to disprove your fairy-tale notions...

They aren't directing their hate towards China you know.

Just because democratically-elected governments don't fawn in our presence and lick our feet doesn't mean the people were better off under a brutal dick(tator)

Obama has tried to 'nice' our enemies into cooperation. Ignore our allies and break bread with our enemies...

How are those foriegn policies - working out? I'm amazed he has snowed so many Americans with this proposterous attempt to garner peace with crazed lunatics...

I'm alway puzzled people talk about the POTUS being "nice" to terroirsts as new - Nixon did it, Reagan did it, Carter did it, so did Jesse Jackson and Pat Robertson.

Reagan did it? LMAO!!!

Yeah, they were so enamoured with Reagan's promises to be nice that Iran let our hostages go right before he got into office.

Or wait, maybe it was because Carter said that Reagan would certainly go in and get them by force that Iran finally gave our people up right before Ron got into office.
Reagan responded to the killing of over 200 marines at hands of terrorists by....

Invading a small Caribbean isle.

Regarding "Tea with terrorists"... the evil stepson just got back from his 2nd deploy to Afghanistan and told an interesting story. On patrol to various villages they would be invited into homes for tea and talk. The troops knew that these were the same folks shooting at them the day before, and they'd be shooting at the troops tomorrow. But you got to keep up the face time. Whatcha gonna do.

Regarding "Tea with terrorists"... the evil stepson just got back from his 2nd deploy to Afghanistan and told an interesting story. On patrol to various villages they would be invited into homes for tea and talk. The troops knew that these were the same folks shooting at them the day before, and they'd be shooting at the troops tomorrow. But you got to keep up the face time. Whatcha gonna do.

Wait, really? Just out of curiosity, did he have an explanation for why they wouldn't shoot him when he went in for tea, but they'd take aim at other times?

I'm not challenging his story at all - It's just a very interesting insight into the psyche there.

Dunno. I just let the kid talk it out his way. He'd been awarded a bronze star during his first go-around. I read the citation narrative and it wasn't pretty. I figure let him say what he wants when he wants. Hope that makes sense.

My SIL told me that you most definitely DO NOT look at their women during such visits.

Dumbfuck...I don't need your stupid internet links, I have more access to info you will never see.

The Egyptian military is pro-US and the only thing we have preventing the terrorists from turning Egypt into a terrorist haven.

Right now the terrorist leader of Egypt is playing Obamination like a guitar. On one hand he is stirring up the protestors and on the other hand he is "holding them back" so he can get more FREE money from the idiots running DC.

Hillary will personally deliver a suitcase of money if the terrorist running Egypt can keep the Embassy from being overrun.:eusa_whistle:

Oh, Egypt is also going down the same path just at a slower pace since less terrorist run amuck there right now....or their military keeps them in check.

Ha...wow, you really have missed a few broadcasts, haven't you?

The new Mursi administration have really tood up to the military, and also used the military to crack down on Islamic militants.

Let me know if you need links for those.

Gone Beserk -

you seem to be ignoring a few facts:

1) Mursi recently scolded Syria for its oppression and violence against civilians - a strange thing to do if Mursi was considering doing the same thing

2) Mursi recently used the military against Islamic extremists - another strange thing to do if Egypt is becoming a terrorist haven

3) Mursi recently fired 70 generals seen as being part of the Mubarak era

4) Mursi has promoted the rights if women, Copts etc - an act clearly more pro-western than anti-western.

Do you really - honestly - think the Egyptian leader has no bigger issues on his plate than dealing with aid payments?

Lets face it ....If the people fight against American Ideals Obama will want them in leadership areas. Hell he did it with his own administration.

Lets face it ....If the people fight against American Ideals Obama will want them in leadership areas. Hell he did it with his own administration.

Weren't you also one of the posters insisting Fascism was left wing last week?

If so, do you think it may be your own confusion about political theory that may be tinting your glasses a deep shade of red right now?

Weren't you also one of the posters insisting Fascism was left wing last week?

If so, do you think it may be your own confusion about political theory that may be tinting your glasses a deep shade of red right now?
That could be because it is left wing......To bad you dont have the integrity to admit it.

Forum List

Back