Tea Party's goal is to stop Mitt Romney!

I have been saying for years now that the republican party can not win with the tea party or without them.

They created this monster and it is turning on them as a natural course of the beast they created.

Before the Tea Party was called the Tea Party, its goal was to stop John McCain from getting nominated.

Their choice back then, over McCain?

Mitt Romney.

lol

It will be interesting to see the tantrum the Tea Party throws when Mitt Romney gets the Republican nomination.

I look for them to either force their own VP on the ticket or run a third party ticket

Either way, Obama wins

they better pull some rabbit out of the hat or they have no chance in hell

It will be interesting to see the tantrum the Tea Party throws when Mitt Romney gets the Republican nomination.

I look for them to either force their own VP on the ticket or run a third party ticket

Either way, Obama wins
We, as T.E.A Partiers can't allow Mitt Romney to be the Republican candidate. That being said, if Mitt is the nominee, who do you really think I'm voting for? Obama? You all need to pull your fuggin' heads out!

Did I like McCain? No. Did I vote for Obama? No. But I'm confident that you Libs will never pull your heads out of your asses and nominate someone else that is more electable.

The nomination process is all about issues, none of which you Libs will dare touch. Economy. Debt. Wars. Every issue out there is like a 3rd rail for you guys and you don't even know it. :lol:

I look for them to either force their own VP on the ticket or run a third party ticket.

That's more or less what I'm hoping for. I'd like to see Ron Paul drop out of the party and take the libertarians with him. They really need to understand that the Republican party is no home for freedom lovers. I could be the best opportunity in ages to establish a mainstream libertarian party. They won't beat Obama - certainly not the first time around, but it could be the start of something good.

I support the TEA Parties... and I'd vote for Romney.

Fucking liberals wetting themselves over their own spin.... again.

I look for them to either force their own VP on the ticket or run a third party ticket.

That's more or less what I'm hoping for. I'd like to see Ron Paul drop out of the party and take the libertarians with him. They really need to understand that the Republican party is no home for freedom lovers. I could be the best opportunity in ages to establish a mainstream libertarian party. They won't beat Obama - certainly not the first time around, but it could be the start of something good.

I could see the Tea Party throwing a fit because they hate Romney and run a Ron Paul or Bachmann just to piss him off

I could see the Tea Party throwing a fit because they hate Romney and run a Ron Paul or Bachmann just to piss him off
Imagine this: It's Nov, 2012 and I'm at the voting booth. I look at my ballot and I see the following names for President:

(D) Barack Obama
(R) Mitt Romney

Who do you think I'm voting for? (Hint: I'm not on drugs)

Doesn't matter. What matters is that every time it happens the republican leadership will start to wake up to reality more and more. The reality being that their constituents will make them loose repeatedly if they don't shape up.

The worse thing that happen is people vote for Romney anyways. All that does is send a signal to republicans saying "it's okay to keep fucking around, we'll vote for you anyways".

Heh... I kinda doubt pissing of Romney would be the goal, but promoting government that looks out for our freedom, instead of corporate and state interests, would be a fantastic development.

Imagine this: It's Nov, 2012 and I'm at the voting booth. I look at my ballot and I see the following names for President:

(D) Barack Obama
(R) Mitt Romney

Who do you think I'm voting for? (Hint: I'm not on drugs)

But that is not what you and millions of other voters may see

Could be

(D) Barack Obama
(R) Mitt Romney
(T) Ron Paul

Tea Party would pull a lot of votes from Romney

I support the TEA Parties... and I'd vote for Romney.

Fucking liberals wetting themselves over their own spin.... again.

But Romney won't win the Southern Baptists, hence he won't will the south. Ever read the Southern Baptists position on Mormonism?

Heh... I kinda doubt pissing of Romney would be the goal, but promoting government that looks out for our freedom, instead of corporate and state interests, would be a fantastic development.

the people who supported Citizen's United are NOT pro freedom, small government or anything else that benefits us, but it the ultimate in corporatism.

and to go a step further, anyone who claims to be small goverment but believes in goverment intrusion into the most personal of matters, like reproductive choice and who one marries, is also NOT small government or protective of individual rights.

the right is NEVER protective of individual rights unless it's the rights THEY want.... at least not anymore.

Forum List

Back