Tea Party vs Occupy Wall Street

Dumb ass. The Teabaggers came on with that idiotic birther nonsense, and blamed all the ills on the people thrown out of work by this Recession/Depression. Why would I not consider them naught but tools of the far right?

it would be nice if the only interest group were "we the people", CG unfortunately, it's a fantasy. unlimited corporate money in government has perverted our legislature. nothing of import can be done or even discussed because the corporations start pouring money into opposition.

and the difference between the tea party NOW (not the beginning when it was 10 people in stupid costumes) and the occupy wall street movement is that the tea people are a wholly owned subsidiary of koch industries. the OWS people are a bunch of people ticked off, not because there are rich people in this country but because it used to be that high tide lifted all ships... and that's no longer the case. they don't know how to fix it, but they know it's wrong.

oh yeah... and a bank gave the police 4.6 million and the OWS people got arrested.

http://www.jpmorganchase.com/corporate/Home/article/ny-13.htm?TB_iframe=true&height=580&width=850

Last edited:
The virus is Washington, not Wall St.

Bull shit.

Wall St. is just as much, if not more of a virus as Washington is.

Wake up.

Not only am I awake, I'm also employing fairly basic logic.

DC makes our laws. Not Wall St. Protesting Wall St is a gimmick... it is a deflection... I am not surprised that the left fall for it. After all, it is organized by you guys.

Makes me laugh that you screamed like a banshee about the TEA Parties, and support the OWS protests. Fucking hypocrites on the left.

It never gets old seeing the board's head hypocrite laying that accusation at another poster :lol:

I didn't scream like a banshee over the tea party and I'm not throwing my support behind the occupy wall street people. Find another tree to bark up.

You're asleep at the wheel or at the very least your car has a wicked blind spot, CG.

Wall Street and DC are having an orgy.

Wake.The.Fuck.Up.

DC makes our laws. Not Wall St. Protesting Wall St is a gimmick... it is a deflection..

It's rather useless as an action other than to make a statement. Their voices will change nothing unless they become far larger. It is simply a grandstand at this point in time imo.

Wall Street is the issue for Liberals as they really want to get in there and slice up the pie that they seem to think is theirs for the slicing.

It is not!

It's there for the working.

Last edited:
This thread has surely been done already, but since I avoid this site due to the large degree of liberal mental patients around here, I probably missed it. But, OWS vs TP, compare and contrast.

To start, the left wing OWS has become violent and disruptive. Thats the first difference.

They are mirror images of the same populist discontent.

the TPM understands that a corrupt government is in place.

The Wall Street Protestors understand that a corrupt WALL STREET works hand in hand with that corrupt government.

As a consequence we see the main stream media doing what to both?

Manipulating coverage to make BOTH GROUPS seem like hateful idiots.

Why?

So that those two great discontent groups think the OTHER group is the enemy, that's why.

EVery hear the story about the little man trapped in a tree by two sleeping giants?

He dropped pebbles on one giant and then the other setting them up to believe that the other was attacking him.

THAT is how most of our most patriotic partisans (leaning left OR right) are being manipulated.

The Wall Street Protestors understand that a corrupt WALL STREET works hand in hand with that corrupt government.

Why?

So that those two great discontent groups think the OTHER group is the enemy, that's why.

Pretty much this.

The TP'ers the OWS'ers have a helluva lot more in common than they realize.

It would be nice to see them both realize this....

that a corrupt WALL STREET works hand in hand with that corrupt government

....and actually come together and take out the trash.

Bull shit.

Wake up.

The virus is an unfair and complex tax code and the corruption it breeds.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Unfair taxes are most certainly a big part of the virus. But it goes much deeper than that.

Yeah but the unfair tax code is in the hands of We, The People. The salary and bonus plan for your average American Bankster is not, and should never be.

If we can end the corruption in the complex tax code and them move on to campaign financing reform, We can eat this elephant* one bite at a time.

*Don't get weird, republicans - if the old saying had been "How do you eat a whale? One bite at a time.", 'whale' would have been my animal reference. That was NOT a personal affront to the GOP.

Tea Party vs Occupy Wall Street
I don't think there is a VS there. they have more in common than not. Both are tired of being F'd by gov and big business.

Official Occupy list of demands:

Eliminate Corporate Rights as Persons
Does that include preventing the AFL-CIO union influence in funding elections, or is this more liberal hypocracy?
You know, every time campaign finance reform is mentioned by someone, conservatives come flying out of the woodwork to say "does that include the unions?" and the answer is always an emphatic yes. Why is it that "conservatives" seem ONLY to want to get Union money out of politics. I, a far left liberal loon, want ALL the money out of politics.

Bank regulations by the left have already taken a bad economy and made it worse.

Really? Which ones? Please provide credible evidence that bank regulations from ANYONE have made the economy worse.

President Obama has been "locked" into campaign finance mode to out do Republicans. You don't honestly think he is going to give all that up, do you?

Right now he can't. In order to become President of the United States, you have to have A LOT of money. We need to change the rules, not blame people for playing by them.

Forgive Student Loan Debt and Reform Funding for Education
A cap on college tuition perhaps, but I've seen enough "entitlements" destroying this country.

I would not forgive student loans, but I would defer them, interest free, until the individual finds work. There are 4.3 people looking for every ONE job available. These college graduates are finding that there is no where for them to go.

End the War on Drugs
A rebirth of the tie-dye "hippy" generation, of those who want to kick back and live off the hard work of everyone else?

No, a recognition that this particular "war" has been an abject failure. The ridiculous amount of money spent on it has been ineffective.

The War on Drugs Has Failed

it would be nice if the only interest group were "we the people", CG unfortunately, it's a fantasy. unlimited corporate money in government has perverted our legislature. nothing of import can be done or even discussed because the corporations start pouring money into opposition.

and the difference between the tea party NOW (not the beginning when it was 10 people in stupid costumes) and the occupy wall street movement is that the tea people are a wholly owned subsidiary of koch industries. the OWS people are a bunch of people ticked off, not because there are rich people in this country but because it used to be that high tide lifted all ships... and that's no longer the case. they don't know how to fix it, but they know it's wrong.

oh yeah... and a bank gave the police 4.6 million and the OWS people got arrested.

http://www.jpmorganchase.com/corporate/Home/article/ny-13.htm?TB_iframe=true&height=580&width=850

In the beginning, it was not '10 people in stupid costumes'. It was ordinary, hard working Americans (my parents among them), of a variety of ethnic backgrounds.... (the TEA that my parents attended in CA was mainly made up of Hispanics).... who were sick and tired of rampant spending (under Bush), the theft of SS money by our government, ridiculously complex tax codes, government damaging business environment, unConstitutional government, and a few other issues. That is how it started. Nothing to do with Obama, his color, or even the Democrats. Just Americans getting together to discuss what should be done.

How outrageous! Americans caring about their nation. I can see why y'all are so offended by them.

This thread has surely been done already, but since I avoid this site due to the large degree of liberal mental patients around here, I probably missed it. But, OWS vs TP, compare and contrast.

To start, the left wing OWS has become violent and disruptive. Thats the first difference.

You sound smarter when you're not here.

Bull shit.

Wake up.

DC makes our laws. Not Wall St. Protesting Wall St is a gimmick... it is a deflection... I am not surprised that the left fall for it. After all, it is organized by you guys.

Makes me laugh that you screamed like a banshee about the TEA Parties, and support the OWS protests. Fucking hypocrites on the left.

It never gets old seeing the board's head hypocrite laying that accusation at another poster :lol:

I didn't scream like a banshee over the tea party and I'm not throwing my support behind the occupy wall street people. Find another tree to bark up.

You're asleep at the wheel or at the very least your car has a wicked blind spot, CG.

Wake.The.Fuck.Up.

Stoner boy.... I'm awake... and, because I don't do drugs, I'm far more rational than the stoner brigade.... I've already said that Wall Street and DC are "having an orgy"... you fucking stoned idiot. I tend not to repeat myself for the slow kids. Either keep up or shut up. Either is fine.

But protesting Wall St is fucking ridiculous.... we don't elect Wall St. Ain't rocket science. Or maybe it is... because it seems over the intellectual paygrade of the junkies.

How outrageous! Americans caring about their nation. I can see why y'all are so offended by them.

They are caring for the wrong side .... :p

And caring for America is not as important as the side it would seem.

Why?

EVery hear the story about the little man trapped in a tree by two sleeping giants?

He dropped pebbles on one giant and then the other setting them up to believe that the other was attacking him.

THAT is how most of our most patriotic partisans (leaning left OR right) are being manipulated.

The virus is an unfair and complex tax code and the corruption it breeds.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Unfair taxes are most certainly a big part of the virus. But it goes much deeper than that.

Yeah but the unfair tax code is in the hands of We, The People. The salary and bonus plan for your average American Bankster is not, and should never be.

If we can end the corruption in the complex tax code and them move on to campaign financing reform, We can eat this elephant* one bite at a time.

*Don't get weird, republicans - if the old saying had been "How do you eat a whale? One bite at a time.", 'whale' would have been my animal reference. That was NOT a personal affront to the GOP.

Totally agree... which is why I say protesting Wall Street is ridiculous. Protest the cause, not the symptom. DC is the cause. Wall St are out of control because DC allowed them to be out of control.

And, it is one of my favorite sayings.... Eating the Elephant! Love it!

Wake.The.Fuck.Up.

Stoner boy.... I'm awake... and, because I don't do drugs, I'm far more rational than the stoner brigade.... I've already said that Wall Street and DC are "having an orgy"... you fucking stoned idiot. I tend not to repeat myself for the slow kids. Either keep up or shut up. Either is fine.

But protesting Wall St is fucking ridiculous.... we don't elect Wall St. Ain't rocket science. Or maybe it is... because it seems over the intellectual paygrade of the junkies.

:lol:

I know I've made an impression when CG pulls the stoner card.

She thinks Wall Street is above reproach.

Not surprising considering who she claims to be.

You are just trying to protect your own.

Pretty good gimmick. It has spread across the nation, and is causing people to examine the whys of the present economic inequities.

So did the TEA Parties... and look how y'all ranted about them. I guess only certain protesters are acceptable to the left.

Losers.

I have the same issues with The TEA party movement as I do with the Republican Party in general:

Call for fiscal sanity with regards to spending: :woohoo:

Dictate religion and how I conduct myself in the privacy of my home: :ack-1: :scared1:

All ills of the nation can be fixed with tax cuts: :wtf:

(Marxist pigs stinking up the street. Frances Fox Piven isn't the only one defecating in public on America. BTW There are a lot fewer Lefties here on this site than other spots around the web.)

"This are the shocking scenes that have led some people to accuse the Occupy Wall Street protesters living rough in New York's financial district of creating unsanitary and filthy conditions.

Exclusive pictures obtained by Mail Online show one demonstrator relieving himself on a police car.
Elsewhere we found piles of stinking refuse clogging Zucotti Park, despite the best efforts of many of the protestors to keep the area clean.
The shocking images demonstrate the extent to which conditions have deteriorated as demonstrations in downtown Manhattan enter their fourth week."

Read more: Occupy Wall Street: Shocking photos show protester defecating on POLICE CAR | Mail Online

Pretty good gimmick. It has spread across the nation, and is causing people to examine the whys of the present economic inequities.

So did the TEA Parties... and look how y'all ranted about them. I guess only certain protesters are acceptable to the left.

Losers.

I have the same issues with The TEA party movement as I do with the Republican Party in general:

Dictate religion and how I conduct myself in the privacy of my home: :ack-1: :scared1:

I won't study OWS until it survives for 10 months.

Wake.The.Fuck.Up.

She called it when she stated you have reading comprehension issues.

Just so you know Kelloggs wants their fruit loops back. Report at once.

Losers.

This is the 10 point plan of the TEAs.

Protect the Constitution
Reject cap and trade energy reforms
Demand a balanced budget
Enact fundamental tax reform
Restore fiscal responsibility and constitutionally limited government in Washington
End runaway government spending
Defund, repeal, and replace government-run health care
Pass an 'all-of-the-above' energy policy
Stop the pork
Stop the tax hikes

Where does it say anything about religion? The whole premise of the TEAs is Constitutional Government, not social policy.

Wake.The.Fuck.Up.

Can you quote any post of mine where I say - or even intimate - that Wall St is 'above reproach'.

I'll wait. But I'll give you a clue... you can look... but you won't find one... and you wonder why I mock you for being a stoner? :lol:

Can you quote any post of mine where I say - or even intimate - that Wall St is 'above reproach'.

I'll wait. But I'll give you a clue... you can look... but you won't find one... and you wonder why I mock you for being a stoner? :lol:

You've made your position clear.

To you, protesting the government is fine but protesting those who own the government is ridiculous.

You've made your position clear.

To you, protesting the government is fine but protesting those who own the government is ridiculous.
Is Obama a slave?

Forum List

Back