Tea Party Votes out Incumbent Republican

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
As I've said all along the TeaParty doesn't care which political party you belong to...the tea party cares about reducing the size of government, paying down the debt, balancing the federal budget, and then lowering taxes once we fix the rest.

Bob Bennett did not live up to what the teapartiers are looking for and BAM he is done.

For those of you saying the TeaParties are a bunch of republicans or republican shills I implore you to read the article and have your eyes opened.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/09/tea-party-ousts-republican-bennett-utah

As I've said all along the TeaParty doesn't care which political party you belong to...the tea party cares about reducing the size of government, paying down the debt, balancing the federal budget, and then lowering taxes once we fix the rest.

Bob Bennett did not live up to what the teapartiers are looking for and BAM he is done.

For those of you saying the TeaParties are a bunch of republicans or republican shills I implore you to read the article and have your eyes opened.

Tea Party ousts veteran Republican Bob Bennett in Utah | World news | The Guardian

actually, the tea people are doing what has always happened in primaries... the extremes of the party vote... the moderates don't bother to go out til election day...

what the tea people don't care about is making their point that they don't want moderates in government by cutting off their nose to spite their face.... and allowing dems into office a la NY-21 and PA-12.

I have said for years (before they even called themselves the tea party) that the republican party can not win with these people or without them.

Tea Party ousts veteran Republican Bob Bennett in Utah | World news | The Guardian

actually, the tea people are doing what has always happened in primaries... the extremes of the party vote... the moderates don't bother to go out til election day...

what the tea people don't care about is making their point that they don't want moderates in government by cutting off their nose to spite their face.... and allowing dems into office a la NY-21 and PA-12.

Nothing wrong with dems getting into office in my eyes. I dont mind dems at all, in fact i've voted for several dems in my time as a voter here in MA.

I just have a problem with certain types of republicans and dems, the ones who are cool with running budget defecits/unbalanced budgets and the fallout that doing so creates.

But yeah it is a primary, I didn't think of it that way so thanks for the different look jillian. Still this guy was a shoe in every other time, he was an incumbent republican, and the tea party did away with him so it goes agains the stereotype that many repeat about the teaparty being only anti-democrat.

I have said for years (before they even called themselves the tea party) that the republican party can not win with these people or without them.

Do you mean the evangelicals, the libertarians, both, neither?

I think the tea party is fiscally conservative but not socially conservative (IE more libertarian than evangelical)

Nothing wrong with dems getting into office in my eyes. I dont mind dems at all, in fact i've voted for several dems in my time as a voter here in MA.

I just have a problem with certain types of republicans and dems, the ones who are cool with running budget defecits/unbalanced budgets and the fallout that doing so creates.

But yeah it is a primary, I didn't think of it that way so thanks for the different look jillian. Still this guy was a shoe in every other time, he was an incumbent republican, and the tea party did away with him so it goes agains the stereotype that many repeat about the teaparty being only anti-democrat.

and i've voted for plenty of republicans here in NYC.

I have a problem with anyone who is an idealogue and refuses to adapt solutions to problems.

I don't think the tea people are only anti-democrat. i think they are the same anti-government folk who wanted to starve government until they could 'drown it in the bath'. The fact that they may be self-defeating should influence them... the same way people who wasted their vote on ralph nader should have thought about the alternative. This idea that 'everyone is the same' is so silly to me.... yes, there are issues on which the two parties don't have much light of day between them....

until you think about who the victors put on the courts....

I think the tea party is fiscally conservative but not socially conservative (IE more libertarian than evangelical)

The vast majority of them joined AFTER Obama became president, these people are the same people who cheered when Bush ran up deficits and crashed the economy. They never talk about the deficit if a Republican is in office.

The vast majority of them joined AFTER Obama became president, these people are the same people who cheered when Bush ran up deficits and crashed the economy. They never talk about the deficit if a Republican is in office.

Well on those type of people you and I agree truth. I dont like them either I find them to be hypocritical.

That being said I'm willing to bring in and support any former hard line republican who is willing to admit the errors of those wild spending ways and try to work together to face the problems in front of us now and in the future.

I have a problem with anyone who is an idealogue and refuses to adapt solutions to problems.

I don't think the tea people are only anti-democrat. i think they are the same anti-government folk who wanted to starve government until they could 'drown it in the bath'. The fact that they may be self-defeating should influence them... the same way people who wasted their vote on ralph nader should have thought about the alternative. This idea that 'everyone is the same' is so silly to me.... yes, there are issues on which the two parties don't have much light of day between them....

The court comment got me thinking about alito and sotomoyor and I do have to say in light of those 2 people you have a point.

I dont think the tea party people are anti-government though Jillian. I think they want government still and I think they understand that we need government. They just want a much smaller governmnet than we have now.

Say you had a 10 step setup for government where step 1 was anarch and step 10 was total government control.

The teapartiers are like a 3 and I think the current congress(including the republicans) is an 7 and the current administration is a 9.

Darn it I think I was trying to get somewhere with that and got all sidetracked :lol:

The court comment got me thinking about alito and sotomoyor and I do have to say in light of those 2 people you have a point.

I dont think the tea party people are anti-government though Jillian. I think they want government still and I think they understand that we need government. They just want a much smaller governmnet than we have now.

Say you had a 10 step setup for government where step 1 was anarch and step 10 was total government control.

The teapartiers are like a 3 and I think the current congress(including the republicans) is an 7 and the current administration is a 9.

Darn it I think I was trying to get somewhere with that and got all sidetracked :lol:

I don't know... a lot of the rhetoric is awfully extreme. I also take major issue with their take on the constitution. There's no question that the constitution was intended as the last protection between the individual and a tyranny of the majority. Effectuating that requires an expansive view of individual rights... viewing it from the perspective of controlling government doesn't comport with that because a contracted view of what government is allowed to do would require a far smaller view of the general welfare and commerce clauses....

that said, i think the tea people hate government unless it's the government THEY want. Perhaps that says it better.

I dont think the tea party people are anti-government though Jillian. I think they want government still and I think they understand that we need government. They just want a much smaller government than we have now.

Say you had a 10 step setup for government where step 1 was anarchy and step 10 was total government control.

I don't know... a lot of the rhetoric is awfully extreme. I also take major issue with their take on the constitution. There's no question that the constitution was intended as the last protection between the individual and a tyranny of the majority. Effectuating that requires an expansive view of individual rights... viewing it from the perspective of controlling government doesn't comport with that because a contracted view of what government is allowed to do would require a far smaller view of the general welfare and commerce clauses....

that said, i think the tea people hate government unless it's the government THEY want. Perhaps that says it better.

In simple terms I dislike any government that infringes on my liberty. Hence my waking up and paying attention after 9/11 and then really turning a skeptical eye at the government after the patriot act was passed.

I haven't gotten over that overreaching patriot act and just haven't trusted much of anything coming out of the government since. And the govt is constantly doing things that make my skepticism turn into distrust.

I mean crap look at this Jillian and tell me how you can approve of this without due process Presidential assassinations of U.S. citizens - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

It just keeps piling up and I feel it needs to be stopped. The only way I can stop it is to demonstrate and vote. So thats what I do when I can.

She means anyone who does not read and follow left wing talking points to the letter.

Immie

She means anyone who does not read and follow left wing talking points to the letter.

Immie

I think in this instance truth is trying to discuss something with me instead of blasting soundbytes at me immie, be nice on this one ;).

Forum List

Back