Tea Party to Raise Debt Limit?

the money in my savings isn't an obligation owed to someone else

Neither is surplus SS revenue. Outlays for SS were paid every year of course.

unfunded liability.

So, you're saying that the IOU you put in the safety deposit box is real debt. Is that it?

Clinton deficit spent every year in office. PERIOD.

Wrong. When revenues are more than outlays, your budget is in surplus. Period.

he paid down the public debt

Which would mean the budget had to be in surplus. If it had been in deficit, he would have added to public debt.

intragovernmental holdings

If you take money from your savings account and put it in your checking account, have you acquired debt? yes or no.

I make $50k, I spend $60k, but I didn't borrow I just paid $10k less on my O/S loans.

No. It's like, one of my accounts was in surplus and the other was in deficit so I transfered money from one account to another. The net result was that i could pay down on the credit card.

Nu huh... It's like shiting in your hand and pissing on your forehead to clean it off... :cuckoo:

Learn how to use the quote button you dumb fucking liberal nut nibbler.

Jeremy, you're clueless. If debt was paid down, the budget was in surplus. There's no other way to pay down debt.

Clinton deficit spent every year in office. PERIOD.

Wrong. When revenues are more than outlays, your budget is in surplus. Period.

he paid down the public debt

Which would mean the budget had to be in surplus. If it had been in deficit, he would have added to public debt.

intragovernmental holdings

If you take money from your savings account and put it in your checking account, have you acquired debt? yes or no.

I make $50k, I spend $60k, but I didn't borrow I just paid $10k less on my O/S loans.

No. It's like, one of my accounts was in surplus and the other was in deficit so I transfered money from one account to another. The net result was that i could pay down on the credit card.

And YOU are wrong. I had more money in my pocket under Reagan. I almost needed welfare once Clinton took office.

Might want to rethink your lack of facts, dork.

the money in my savings isn't an obligation owed to someone else

Neither is surplus SS revenue. Outlays for SS were paid every year of course.

unfunded liability.

So, you're saying that the IOU you put in the safety deposit box is real debt. Is that it?

PH2010110301760.jpg

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

It's one of the first votes the New Congress will have to make. The real world will hit the tea party demagogues on day one. They will have to vote to raise the debt limit or face the almost imediate trainwreck of the economy if they don't.

What will they do? Stick to principles and bring on the double dip immediately or do what needs to be done and have one of their first acts in power be raising the debt limit?

I'll take the latter for 1000 Alex.

Will you understand then wingnuts?

I doubt it.

You act like they're the stupid ones.

I'm sure they'll do what's right....not do the only thing MSNBC Talking-heads say is the only option left.

I wonder who you think painted us into this corner BTW???

Speaking of the Keynesian economics...here's a video clip of some of those smart progressives reaction to a sign at the rally in Washington this weekend:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23Nt5XumaU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02KvD4DvX9c[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back