Tea Party Ted Cruz Wins in Texas

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
Dec 30, 2011
Shanghai, China
Tea Party candidate and lawyer Ted Cruz has beaten establishment Republican David Dewhurst in a primary to fill the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Could this be a further bell weather signalling that the Tea Party and the grass roots movement to remove Republican incumbents out of sync with the base is still going strong?

Last edited:
Tea Party candidate and lawyer Ted Cruz has beaten establishment Republican David Dewhurst in a primary to fill the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Could this be a further bell weather signalling that the Tea Party and the grass roots movement to remove Republican incumbents out of sink with the base is still going strong?

"Out of Sink?" LOL...

I hope so. The more divided the GOP becomes, the better it is for the modreates/liberals left in the GOP and otherwise. The Country is a center-right country in some parts and center-left in others. As the GOP splits, it's power (or more correctly perceived power) becomes split as well.

Good news. Dewhurst losing is likely the first in many dominoes that will fall in states that have been infected with this virus.

As with all infections; the infection is alleviated or eventually the host dies. Both are wins for the voices of moderation.

Tea Party candidate and lawyer Ted Cruz has beaten establishment Republican David Dewhurst in a primary to fill the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Could this be a further bell weather signalling that the Tea Party and the grass roots movement to remove Republican incumbents out of sink with the base is still going strong?

"Out of Sink?" LOL...

I hope so. The more divided the GOP becomes, the better it is for the modreates/liberals left in the GOP and otherwise. The Country is a center-right country in some parts and center-left in others. As the GOP splits, it's power (or more correctly perceived power) becomes split as well.

Good news. Dewhurst losing is likely the first in many dominoes that will fall in states that have been infected with this virus.

As with all infections; the infection is alleviated or eventually the host dies. Both are wins for the voices of moderation.

Ha-haaaa! Thanks for that observation. I will correct now.

Tea Party candidate and lawyer Ted Cruz has beaten establishment Republican David Dewhurst in a primary to fill the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Could this be a further bell weather signalling that the Tea Party and the grass roots movement to remove Republican incumbents out of sync with the base is still going strong?

You talk like that's a good thing.

It's just news that is important, since the topic of the Tea Party being in demise is often brought up here. This win then needs to be explained.

It's just news that is important, since the topic of the Tea Party being in demise is often brought up here. This win then needs to be explained.

I think the word you are looking for is "Decline", not "Demise".

And no, I don't think it's in either. What I do think is that it is pulling the GOP so far to the right that most Americans don't recognize it anymore.

In 2006, I voted for Peter Roskam over Tammy Duckworth, who I thought was an oppurtunist. After redistricting, I'm now in Joe Walsh's district where he's facing off against Duckworth. I will probably vote for Duckworth this time, not because I think she's going to be a great congresswoman, but because Walsh is such a vile creature he embarrasses me merely by being in Congress.

I think the word you are looking for is "Decline", not "Demise".

And no, I don't think it's in either. What I do think is that it is pulling the GOP so far to the right that most Americans don't recognize it anymore.

In 2006, I voted for Peter Roskam over Tammy Duckworth, who I thought was an oppurtunist. After redistricting, I'm now in Joe Walsh's district where he's facing off against Duckworth. I will probably vote for Duckworth this time, not because I think she's going to be a great congresswoman, but because Walsh is such a vile creature he embarrasses me merely by being in Congress.

Gotcha. "Decline" would have been the better word.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Sharon Angle situation where the Tea Party candidate ends up assuring a Democrat win.

stop fucking spending. we're TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY party has a new Senator elect Wow :clap2::clap2:

Really glad you posted this, Say....it certainly is good news.

In his new book, "Hostile Takeover," Matt Kibbee puts forth the idea that we have to defeat, not just the Democrats/Leftists, but the establishment Republicans who also shill for big government.

1. Who is a TeaPartier? Tim Scott is the first African-American Republican since reconstruction to serve in South Carolina's State House of Representatives and now he's headed to Washington as a congressman to join the new Republican majority thanks in part to big support from the Tea Party.

a. Scott: “I think the philosophy of the tea party is consistent with that of any conservative Republican. If you believe in entrepreneurship and capitalism, you believe in at least a third of what the tea party stands for. If you believe that you ought not spend money you simply do not have, you believe in another third. And if you believe that limiting the role of federal government in our lives is a way to return power back to the people, I think you might be a member of the tea party.” RealClearPolitics - Interview with Congressman-Elect Tim Scott

Let's remember that the provenance of the Tea Party is Barack Hussein Obama and his over the top big government supporters:

2. "Mr. Williams says that "if there is anything good to be said about the Democratic White House and the [previous] Congress and their brazen attempt to take over the economy and control our lives, it's that the tea party movement has come out of it. But we have gone so far from the basic constitutional principles that made us a great country that it's a question of whether we can get back."
The Weekend Interview with Walter Williams: The State Against Blacks - WSJ.com

"Out of Sink?" LOL...

You guys are about to enter a nuclear winter.

Dress warm.

It's going to be hilariuos watching conservatives heads spin when in 5-10 years Texas becomes a purple battleground state up for grabs.

"Millions of Texans, millions of Americans are rising up to reclaim our country, to defend liberty and to restore the Constitution."

The race had been closely watched nationally as one of the most-vivid contrasts between the GOP mainstream and grass-roots, conservative activists. Shortly after most of the polls closed statewide, it had become a cakewalk for Cruz.

"We're just tired of the government ignoring the Constitution," said Don Steinway, a 76-year-old retired commercial airline pilot, who lives in Houston and described himself as a staunch supporter of the tea party.

$600b09201e1.jpg Silly teabaggers !

"Out of Sink?" LOL...

Big time, the teabaggers have been a gift to the freedom lovers on the left.

First it was angle and odonnell taking sure loses for the democrats (including harry reid) to making it smooth sailing for the (D) win

Same now in IN with the right wing extremists voting in a teabagger in the senate primaies unseating Lugar's locked (R) seat, and now turning it to likely dem.

Thanks teabaggers! :clap2:

Forum List

Back