Tea Party speaker calls for hanging of Washington senator.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Idaho should just annex eastern washington. :D

Tea Party Speaker: Hang Patty Murray

How many of you have watched the movie Lonesome Dove?," asked an unidentified female speaker from the podium. "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd? What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."

The Remark is attributed to an unidentified woman speaker.

'nuff said.

She also recieved death threats after the HC bill, the guy just posted bail today.

The criminal complaint says the calls were punctuated by expletives and threatened Murray's life. Wilson allegedly stated in one message that Murray "had a target on her back" and in another he said "I want to (expletive) kill you." The complaint also says Wilson discussed assisting others in an attempt to kill the senator.

Yakima-area man charged with threatening to kill Sen. Murray | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Local News

'nuff said.

when a featured speaker actually called for the hanging of Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash), the fourth ranking Democrat in the Senate and a vulnerable re-election candidate

You don't have people speak at your events that don't represent you, do you?

You seemed to miss the fact there is a video of this.

WATCH THE VIDEO!!
IT SHOWS VERY CLEARLY WHAT THE SPEAKER SAID. :lol:

'nuff said.

"The Remark is attributed to an unidentified woman speaker..."...at a Tea Party event?
A tea party gathering in Asotin County, Washington turned more than a bit ugly on Saturday when a featured speaker actually called for the hanging of Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash), the fourth ranking Democrat in the Senate and a vulnerable re-election candidate.

"How many of you have watched the movie Lonesome Dove?," asked an unidentified female speaker from the podium. "What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd? What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd. He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/17/idaho-tea-party-speaker-h_n_466261.html

I loved the end of the video though with the guy who wants to be on the school board.

"This way we can get rid of stuff, we don't want."

Aka what just happened in Texas.

Okay - I clicked all the junk in NoScripts so I could watch the clip.

They interview a couple of men and show their names - they sound reasonable. The woman speaker sounds inappropriate - but they didn't play her full remarks. It would be helpful to know what she said after making the comment.

They interview a couple of men and show their names - they sound reasonable. The woman speaker sounds inappropriate - but they didn't play her full remarks. It would be helpful to know what she said after making the comment.

You have never been to eastern washington, have you? :lol:

FIrst of all it comes from the huffington post

There's a video from a local news group.

Nice try, though. :thup:

yep

and this:

The event, which about 500 people attended, was organized by Lewis and Clark Tea Party Patriots, a group that (somewhat appropriately) advocates "Freedom of speech" as a cherished principle.

That a sanctioned speaker called for a hanging of an elected official, however, seriously pushes the boundaries of First Amendment freedom. And it's yet one more example of how the Tea Party movement is a double-edged sword for the mainstream political officials who seek to harness its energy.
Tea Party Speaker: Hang Patty Murray

You have never been to eastern washington, have you? :lol:

No, I haven't.

So, who is the woman? And are her full remarks available?

Has she been arrested? I can't view the video but I'd like to know A' did she have a tea party I D card? B. Was it considered a "death threat" by legal standards?

I have to go to work. You find out at Krem2.comor KHQ.com
I will look when I get back, if you haven't found it.

I call bullshit on this.

More of the "crashtheteaparty.org" bullshit.

The stupider the antics, the more we can be sure who's behind it.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back