Tea Party .. Sell outs?

because abortion is not a constitutionally protected right
thus any laws regarding it would fall to the states

and it you dont think so, just what do you think the repeal of Roe v Wade would do?

I disagree with what you just said but I have no intention of getting into a debate about Abortion. I was just wondering your thoughts about it.

Abortion is one of four issues I generally try to avoid discussing on a prolonged basis on USMB because there is no point in doing so. Not only because the topic has been beaten to death but because I've debated it so many times on here previously.

I'm a fairly staunch conservative and thus empathize with alot of what the TEA party want out of DC.
I'm not so hypnotized to think that every TP candidate is what they seem.
Regardless of what many of the TP-ers are willing to admit there are more than one that are career politicians, as well.
Take, for example, Marco Rubio. Some of you here may know that I have been a big supporter of his campaign.
I supported him not because of his clinging to the TP but because he was a much smarter choice than Charlie Crist.
What alot of the TP-ers don't know is that Marco is a career politician, plain and simple.
He was a city councilman under, then mayor, Mel Martinez before working his way up to speaker of our state house.

The concerns of the OP is exactly why I am in favor of term limits.
My local congressman, Tom Rooney, knows that I will not vote for him for re-election. I've told him personally. 2 terms is it. Period. It's a term of service, not a careeer.

yeah, but again, you missed the point
i said "better than the alternative"
meaning that voting for anyone else would have given the win to the one i DID want

No, I knew exactly what point you were trying to make. I disagree with your view that's what third parties are essentially.

I'd rather vote for a candidate that I agree with more than a candidate who I don't because he has a bigger chance against winning against someone who I don't agree with at all. Though I guess it all comes down to how much you're willing to stand up for your convictions.

Though you live in Maine, no?

2000 Presidential General Election Results - Maine

Maine election results 2004 - washingtonpost.com

Neither year did Bush come close to winning your state where if you voted third party, Gore would of won instead of Bush.

meaning that voting for anyone else would have given the win to the one i DID want

No, I knew exactly what point you were trying to make. I disagree with your view that's what third parties are essentially.

I'd rather vote for a candidate that I agree with more than a candidate who I don't because he has a bigger chance against winning against someone who I don't agree with at all. Though I guess it all comes down to how much you're willing to stand up for your convictions.

Neither year did Bush come close to winning your state where if you voted third party, Gore would of won instead of Bush.

which 3rd party candidate should dive have voted for?

Dunno, I'm not sure if there was any third party candidates that Dive would of agreed with more. However, ruling them out entirely without even bothering to consider it is exactly why we have a two-party system where both parties are utterly incompetent.

For example, this past election (my first), for one race I didn't like either the Democrat or the Republican. So who did I vote for? Mickey Mouse. Point is, I voted for someone, and it was because I wasn't about to vote for someone just because they were the "alternative."

Come 2012, unless Obama turns it around, I'll be voting third party. And if there's not a third party candidate I like, I'll put in some other name.

there wasnt any
not that i liked anyway
no way in hell would i have voted for either Nader or Buchannon

When lefties use the words "I tend to believe" you need to understand that it is not based on evidence but on wishful thinking or political bias.

When lefties use the words "I tend to believe" you need to understand that it is not based on evidence but on wishful thinking or political bias.

Wrong, ]When lefties use the words you need to understand that it is not based on evidence but on wishful thinking or political bias.

I TEND TO KNOW that the lefties you speak of have absolutely no idea of what they speak. The liberal agenda is ruining this country.

PERIOD

Wrong, ]When lefties use the words you need to understand that it is not based on evidence but on wishful thinking or political bias.

I TEND TO KNOW that the lefties you speak of have absolutely no idea of what they speak. The liberal agenda is ruining this country.

PERIOD
actually, hyper-partisan bullshit is whats ruining this country
extremes on BOTH sides

PERIOD
actually, hyper-partisan bullshit is whats ruining this country
extremes on BOTH sides

Damn.. now that is reasonable...:clap2:

Rep worthy in my estimation...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back