Tea Party Republican Joe Walsh seeks tax breaks for deadbeat dads

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Tea Party freshman Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) went on the attack Friday morning in reaction to a lawsuit from his ex-wife seeking more than $100,000 in child support for herself and their three children.

Walsh also compared his financial problems to the debate over raising the nation’s debt ceiling.

In an appearance on the Fox & Friends, Walsh said although he’s against any increase in the national debt limit, he might support a deal as long as it included massive spending cuts and a tax break for deadbeat dads like himself with six figure incomes.

“I’m only making $175,000 per year as a Congressman. Do you know how hard it is for a Republican to live on only $175,000?” Walsh said. “Think of the burden I’m placing on my kids by not supporting them. Should I hurt them even more by adding to the national debt without personally gaining from it?”

News of the lawsuit was first reported in the Chicago Sun-Times, which indicated that at the same time Walsh was pleading poverty in not making his child support payments, he managed to loan his campaign fund $35,000 and vacationed in Mexico and Italy.

Walsh blamed his financial problems on President Barack Obama. Walsh has been a harsh critic of the president, accusing him of lying about the national debt and of bankrupting the nation. Walsh noted that he had a condo in Evanston foreclosed on in 2008 which he said was also the fault of Obama, who was then a U.S. Senator from Illinois.

Rep. Joe Walsh seeks tax breaks for deadbeat dads | The Chicago Dope

Classy move, trying to take a mock newspaper and present it as the truth. You're a real scumbag! I am glad Congressman Walsh represents my district, since I will get to vote for him again!

But here are some other great articles from your fake newspaper!

Two Year Old Mayoral Candidat Makes a Poopy During a Televised Debate!
Two-year-old candidate makes a poopy during mayoral debate | The Chicago Dope

Obama Offers To Sell Prized Skateboard to Cut the Debt
Obama offers to sell prized skateboard to cut the debt | The Chicago Dope

Chicago Complains Sister State is like totally annoying!
Chicago complains its sister city is 'like, so totally annoying' | The Chicago Dope

Boys recount perilous journey across lava-covered living room floor
Boys recount perilous journey across lava-covered floor | The Chicago Dope

Classy move, trying to take a mock newspaper and present it as the truth. You're a real scumbag! I am glad Congressman Walsh represents my district, since I will get to vote for him again!

Chicago complains its sister city is 'like, so totally annoying' | The Chicago Dope

I find it telling that you would defend and support this hypocrite that would say "I won’t place one more dollar of debt upon the backs of my kids and grandkids unless we structurally reform the way this town spends money!” and cheat his children out of $117,000.

Think you're vote will be enough to save him?

Think you're vote will be enough to save him?

The guy is a scumbag and a piece of garbage. Hate your ex-wife! Fine I'm OK with that. Heck hate your current wife! I'm fine with that also. However, treat your children with respect. Supporting them financially comes goes hand and hand with that.

A very fake individual, even for a politician. NO I won't vote for him again. Luckily I won't have to. Illinois lost a lot of people, so they lost some house reps. The Democrats in charged redistricted Walsh out of a district!

This is the typical behavior of the hypocrites in the tea party, do as I say not as I do. What a bunch of phonies and useless representatives the 2010 election brought to Congress. Big money bought big fools, but money has power.

'TV’s Favorite Tea Party Congressman Sued for $117K in Child Support'

By Jim Newell

"Are you familiar with freshman Republican Rep. Joe Walsh? No? That's okay! Just turn on any cable news channel at any time. He'll be there. Producers love to book him, and he loves to be booked. His politics can best be described as anti-any-compromise-ever, and he is rude. Another interesting thing about Joe Walsh is that his ex-wife is suing him for $117,437 in unpaid child support."

TV's Favorite Tea Party Congressman Sued for $117K in Child Support

Forum List

Back