Tea Party Queen Gov Nikki Haley gives her staff raises; 1 wk after cutting employees

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Gov. Haley's staff gets $27,000 worth of raises - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Tea Partynomics at their best. The Tea Party Queen of South Carolina Nikki Haley just let out a doozy. 1 week ago, she told SC's teachers, cops and firemen to fuck off after raising their insurance rates, DESPITE the state's elected body voting to fund the increase since they brought in enough revenue to do it, and that employees hadn't had raises in 5 years. Haley said no, that despite their not having cola raises in 5 years, they would indeed pay half their increased rate. Why, since the state had the money? "To send a message".

Well, this week, Gov Haley gave her staff big raises. Yep. Rather than send that money back to the "taxpayers" and send a message, she dished it out to her 4 closest political friends....her staff. But dont worry....she once had 9 staffers, and 5 were "not replaced" and left vacant.

Tea Partynomics: Get rid of half the staff, then dish out the cash to your remaining buddies.

And they wonder why the moderates are fleeing the GOP.

A great many of us were on to these people a long time ago. The Teabaggers will play the line of the social conservatives until the bank is broke, then laugh and fade off to some tax haven.

Old Rocks, I must shamefully say it took me a long time to "catch on" to the Tea Party, or at the very least the greedy pricks that were running for office under the banner of the TP. The TP movement is far too big to paint with a wide brush.

The TP candidates, however, I feel quite comfortable labeling as greedy, heartless assholes. They couldn't give two shits about "tha troops" or low taxes. They're just running to the bank. Just like all politicians have in the past.

The dangerous part is that many people are caught up in the movement, and trying to run their business or local government by the ideology. And it's just gonna cause lots of chaos in the future.

Ah, you stepped right in my point (dont worry, the shoe will wash off).

SC's economy is doing quite well!! The state gave huge tax deals to massive companies like Boeing, Amazon, BMW, etc, and they are bringing a lot of business here....to our low tax, non union state.

But the TP'ers have preached that if we cut taxes and grow business....then government revnues will GO UP!!!! THus, enabling the state/city to take care of it's workers.

Well, SC govt workers (teachers, cops, firemen) are all non-union and already among the lower paid of the 50 states in their field. SC's economy is doing great, revenues are UP!!!!

Yet, the Tea Party Queen is cutting pay/benefits for them anyway.

Its outright ideology that she is cutting teacher, police, fire pay/benefits. Not necessity. Same goes for most of the states primary cities, such as Charleston, Greenville, North Charleston, Columbia, Mount Pleasant.

Revenues are up. Businesses are blossoming. And the govt is cutting their already undercompensated employees anyway.

Gov. Haley's staff gets $27,000 worth of raises - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Tea Partynomics at their best. The Tea Party Queen of South Carolina Nikki Haley just let out a doozy. 1 week ago, she told SC's teachers, cops and firemen to fuck off after raising their insurance rates, DESPITE the state's elected body voting to fund the increase since they brought in enough revenue to do it, and that employees hadn't had raises in 5 years. Haley said no, that despite their not having cola raises in 5 years, they would indeed pay half their increased rate. Why, since the state had the money? "To send a message".

Well, this week, Gov Haley gave her staff big raises. Yep. Rather than send that money back to the "taxpayers" and send a message, she dished it out to her 4 closest political friends....her staff. But dont worry....she once had 9 staffers, and 5 were "not replaced" and left vacant.

Tea Partynomics: Get rid of half the staff, then dish out the cash to your remaining buddies.

So you're whining that she saved the state money. Gotcha.

I voted for Haley and I'll vote for her again if I'm still living here.

Its outright ideology that she is cutting teacher, police, fire pay/benefits. Not necessity.

And it's an outright lie that she's done any of that being that teachers, police, and firemen are local employees and not state, SLED being the exception, of course.

Anything else you want to cry about, Chris?

So you're whining that she saved the state money. Gotcha.

I voted for Haley and I'll vote for her again if I'm still living here.

No. Im whining because:

- She told teachers, cops, firemen that....even though the state HAS the money, and voted in favor of it, SHE will not allow them to avoid hikes in insurance rates, and she'll make them pay more "to send a message"
- While a week later, she tells her 4 closest political buddies they'll be getting big raises.

So...state money is good for her close buddies. Not good for cops and teachers.

See how that works? Thats called being a greedy, ideological bitch. And she's in the Governors House.

Its outright ideology that she is cutting teacher, police, fire pay/benefits. Not necessity.

And it's an outright lie that she's done any of that being that teachers, police, and firemen are local employees and not state, SLED being the exception, of course.

Anything else you want to cry about, Chris?

Sure!!!

Did you know teachers are on STATE health insurance??? No you didn't

Yes, SLED is a state law enforcement agency. But did you know that the following are STATE LE agencies:

SC Highway Patrol
SC Transport Police
SC Dept of Probation and Parole
SC Dept of Natural Resources (DNR)
USC Police (State Constables)
Clemson Police (SC's)
CofC Police (SC's)
SC State Ports Authority Poilce
SC State Prisons Officers

Want me to keep going, I can?

You should do some research before you bloviate.

Of course, as a Tea Party zealot, you are only required to A) Buy a "Support the Troops" bumper sticker B) Buy a yellow flag with a snake on it C) Say "cut taxes!!!" D) Say you hate Obama's policies E) Repeat A through D

Old Rocks, I must shamefully say it took me a long time to "catch on" to the Tea Party, or at the very least the greedy pricks that were running for office under the banner of the TP. The TP movement is far too big to paint with a wide brush.

The TP candidates, however, I feel quite comfortable labeling as greedy, heartless assholes. They couldn't give two shits about "tha troops" or low taxes. They're just running to the bank. Just like all politicians have in the past.

The dangerous part is that many people are caught up in the movement, and trying to run their business or local government by the ideology. And it's just gonna cause lots of chaos in the future.

You're not very convincing. Talk to Jake Starkey about it

Is it the 9.6% unemployment rate in SC that's garnering such attention (up almost a point since April)?

No man, that 9.6 is OK!!! See....its made up of a BUNCH of local, county and state "GUBERMINT WORKERS!!!!" that the far right govts here love to hate. As long as the growing unemployed are made up of a lot of govt employees, then see, thats GOOD unemployment!

Plus, by laying them off, Gov Haley gets more cash to give to her buddies.

Is it the 9.6% unemployment rate in SC that's garnering such attention (up almost a point since April)?

No man, that 9.6 is OK!!! See....its made up of a BUNCH of local, county and state "GUBERMINT WORKERS!!!!" that the far right govts here love to hate. As long as the growing unemployed are made up of a lot of govt employees, then see, thats GOOD unemployment!

Plus, by laying them off, Gov Haley gets more cash to give to her buddies.

Unfortunately, despite the sarcasm your post isn't far from the truth.

SC's economy is doing quite well!! The state gave huge tax deals to massive companies like Boeing, Amazon, BMW, etc, and they are bringing a lot of business here....to our low tax, non union state.

But the TP'ers have preached that if we cut taxes and grow business....then government revnues will GO UP!!!! THus, enabling the state/city to take care of it's workers.

Well, SC govt workers (teachers, cops, firemen) are all non-union and already among the lower paid of the 50 states in their field. SC's economy is doing great, revenues are UP!!!!

Its outright ideology that she is cutting teacher, police, fire pay/benefits. Not necessity. Same goes for most of the states primary cities, such as Charleston, Greenville, North Charleston, Columbia, Mount Pleasant.

Revenues are up. Businesses are blossoming. And the govt is cutting their already undercompensated employees anyway.

Oh poor, poor Progressive. Your economic theories only result in poverty and failure and you can only be the pooh flinging monkey.

Here's a thought: get some economic idea that don't suck and fail 100% of the time, then we'll talk.

OK?

How much are they paying towards their insurance?

Yes, SLED is a state law enforcement agency. But did you know that the following are STATE LE agencies:

SC Highway Patrol
SC Transport Police
Clemson Police (SC's)
CofC Police (SC's)

What makes you assume I don't already know this?

Of course, as a Tea Party zealot, you are only required to A) Buy a "Support the Troops" bumper sticker B) Buy a yellow flag with a snake on it C) Say "cut taxes!!!" D) Say you hate Obama's policies E) Repeat A through D

I'm not a "tea partier" and I opposed the Iraq war, but yes, I do hate Obama's policies, along with about half of the country for that matter, because they are bad for the nation as a whole.

At least I'm consistent about what I believe and who I support. It's not like you have a whole lot of credibility here these days, but hey, whine away, Chris Jr.

Oh poor, poor Progressive. Your economic theories only result in poverty and failure and you can only be the pooh flinging monkey.

Here's a thought: get some economic idea that don't suck and fail 100% of the time, then we'll talk.

OK?

Wow, once again, jumping to conclusions. You make a fine Tea Party mascot I'm sure.

My economic theory wouldn't include massive welfare. Or massive food stamp programs. Or recreation departments, or funding arts and culture centers. Or many of the other massive govt spending projects the right wing hates.

Nope. Mine would be fairly basic. But it would NOT include fucking over cops, firemen and teachers.

And the Tea Party's current theory does just that.

Which is why I'm voting Democrat.

It's quite simple.

Im pretty sure the 4 that left were making more than a combined $27K, so overall the SC taxpayer is way ahead

How much are they paying towards their insurance?

SC Highway Patrol
SC Transport Police
Clemson Police (SC's)
CofC Police (SC's)

What makes you assume I don't already know this?

I'm not a "tea partier" and I opposed the Iraq war, but yes, I do hate Obama's policies, along with about half of the country for that matter, because they are bad for the nation as a whole.

At least I'm consistent about what I believe and who I support. It's not like you have a whole lot of credibility here these days, but hey, whine away, Chris Jr.

1- Dont know, I'm not a state worker, but I know they're paying more now while Haley's buds got raises.

2- I know you didn't know that, because you literally said SLED was it and nothing more in this very thread.

3- You're right, I'm not consistent. No party has my vote on lockdown. If they change their views, I'll change my vote.

Forum List

Back