Tea Party Putin pulls Russian economy further into the mud.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Ruble falls to record dollar low, stocks tumble

Moscow (AFP) - The ruble slumped Friday to a record dollar low and stocks tumbled on investor fears of tighter Western sanctions towards Russia, prompting an appeal by foreign businesses against further ineffective measures.

The ruble slid to 37.072 to the dollar in late trading, breaking its previous record low set in March when Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine. It was down after closing at 36.75 on Thursday.

The ruble also slid to 48.86 to the euro, from 48.43, but was still stronger than the record low set in March.
Ruble falls to record dollar low stocks tumble - Yahoo Finance

But I guess for Tea party Putin? It's winning!

That's the man the Tea Party wants as President.

Watson.

mom this ain't hormel chili in a can said:
Not a Tea Partier, myself.

And I don't want him as my president.

But honestly, I guess I kinda wouldn't mind if he shot a really mean game of golf. :badgrin:

sallow said:
So what's your beef, Leif?

That you accuse Tea Partiers of wanting him as prez, when they don't.

Watson.

But honestly, I guess I kinda wouldn't mind if he shot a really mean game of golf. :badgrin:

sallow said:

Dude.

There are threads on this very board with Tea Partiers voting for Putin over Obama.

And I went to an Amnesty concert where there were tea partiers protesting Pussy Riot. They were chanting Putin for President.

Watson.

sallow said:

like tom petty runnin' down a dream said:

sallow said:
Dude.

There are threads on this very board with Tea Partiers voting for Putin over Obama.

Yes, because we know that everyone who posts here who says he's/ she's an American is an American, yes? :badgrin:

sallow said:
And I went to an Amnesty concert where there were tea partiers protesting Pussy Riot. They were chanting Putin for President.

Which proves?

Watson.

sallow said:

like tom petty runnin' down a dream said:

sallow said:
Dude.

Yes, because we know that everyone who posts here who says he's/ she's an American is an American, yes? :badgrin:

sallow said:

Which proves?

That Tea Party Putin is accurate.

Methinks you doth protest to much..

:lol:

flaming thread right off the title

why do you people have to lie? there is nothing between the tea party and Putin

If anything it should be Democrat Putin. remember Obama's comment when he thought the mic was off?

my mistake he said this to the Russian PM to relay this message back to him

pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Obama tells Russian PM "After Election I Have More Flexibilty" 3/26/2012

Putin doesn't care. That's the big mistake obama makes and Americans make. If Russia has to endure a little economic pain they will. The big picture is the empire.

Watson.

sallow said:

Dude.

It's Satire Sallow.
They are using satire, they actually really don't want him as President.
Definition of Satire
a way of using humor to show that someone or something is foolish, weak, bad, etc. : humor that shows the weaknesses or bad qualities of a person ( Obama), government, society, etc.

Lower oil prices weaken the ruble...

Russian Ruble Hits New Record Low Against U.S. Dollar
Dec. 01 2014 ~ The Russian ruble fell to fresh record lows at opening on Monday, following weakening oil prices and poor manufacturing data from China.
At 0615 GMT, the ruble was 3.1 percent weaker at 52.00 against the dollar and 2.5 percent down at 64.55 against the euro. Oil fell more than $2 a barrel to a five-year low in Asian trade on Monday, hitting the ruble hard as crude remains Russia's top export. Both U.S. crude and Brent have fallen for five straight months, oil's longest losing streak since the 2008-9 financial crisis.

ruble-dollar-euro.jpg

Russian ruble, euro and U.S. dollar banknotes are seen at a bank in Moscow.

Adding to the ruble's plunge was data showing that manufacturing in China, a major market for exports of Russia's raw materials, fell to a six-month low. "The only thing that matters to Russian market participants right now is how quickly the Central Bank will intervene in what is happening," Gleb Zadoya, head analyst at Profit investment house in Moscow, said in a morning note.

The Central Bank, which let the ruble float in early November, has not intervened in the foreign exchange market since, saying it would do so only if it considers the ruble's fall threatening to financial stability. "Well, let's see if the current collapse of the ruble is considered such a threat," Zadoya said.

Russian Ruble Hits New Record Low Against U.S. Dollar Business The Moscow Times

See also:

Russian ruble takes a nosedive on low oil prices
Dec 1,`14 -- Russia's ruble has dropped more than 3 percent, pressured by declining oil prices and the flagging economy.
The Russian currency traded 52 rubles against the dollar at the opening on Monday after losing 15 percent in the previous week.

The Kremlin, which in the past supported the exchange rate by buying up the rubles, says it considers the pressure on the ruble to be speculative and is happy for a ruble free float.

The ruble has been suffering from low oil prices as well as its flagging economy and the pressure of Western sanctions over its role in Ukraine.

Oil prices, the backbone of the Russian economy, dropped roughly 25 percent since the summer. Brent crude, an international benchmark, fell 3 percent to $70.15 a barrel on Friday.

News from The Associated Press

Last edited:

Forum List

Back