Tea Party Protestors VS G20 Protestors

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
If you were forced to have one or the other protest in your neighborhood which one would you rather have?

People say the majority of tea party protestors are conservatives and the majority of G20 protestors are liberals.

Let me take it a step further with a 2nd question....If both sides became extremely dissatisfied with the govt which one do you think would be more prone to violence?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMXz6xGeqc]YouTube - 9/12 Taxpayer Tea Party March on Washington, DC[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLFWmXdMZY]YouTube - G20 Protests Use Dumpsters & Bricks - Police Use Sound Weapons & Tear Gas[/ame]

I think i'll stick with being one of those "crazy wackos" who likes the tea parties.

Last edited:
i would turn the fire hoses on and tear gas both of them, i am against anti Americans regardless of their political leanings.

Thats too harsh in today's america....you have to use sounds and warnings instead.

In you're Opinion:

1) What is Anti-american about the G20 people?
2) What is anti-american about the tea party people?

i would turn the fire hoses on and tear gas both of them, i am against anti Americans regardless of their political leanings.

Thats too harsh in today's america....you have to use sounds and warnings instead.

In you're Opinion:

1) What is Anti-american about the G20 people?
2) What is anti-american about the tea party people?

g20 anarchist hippie wannabe's oppose our financial structure but do not want to fix it just tear it down(though most are just college kid lemmings following something they think is cool and counterculture who upon graduation will seek work on wall street)

teabaggers are mostly blind followers of the limbaugh's and hannity's and are just protesting because their side lost as nary a peep was heard from them when bush was pushing our nation to the brink of destruction, they are not loyal to the nation their loyalty lies with their political party.

I disagree strongly with your description about the tea parties but i'm not going to argue you on your opinion.

Since you answered me i'm going to let you know one thing I think you don't realize. The term Tea-Bagger, in relation to the protestors, is actually a compliment. Our intention is to totally teabag the corrupt politicians that have been running the country for years.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/87469-educational-what-is-a-teabagger.html

If you were forced to have on or the other protest in your neighborhood which one would you rather have?

People say the majority of tea party protestors are conservatives and the majority of G20 protestors are liberals.

Let me take it a step further with a 2nd question....If both sides became extremely dissatisfied with the govt which one do you think would be more prone to violence?

YouTube - 9/12 Taxpayer Tea Party March on Washington, DC

YouTube - G20 Protests Use Dumpsters & Bricks - Police Use Sound Weapons & Tear Gas

I think i'll stick with being one of those "crazy wackos" who likes the tea parties.

the government provocateurs are the ones most prone to violence

If you were forced to have on or the other protest in your neighborhood which one would you rather have?

YouTube - G20 Protests Use Dumpsters & Bricks - Police Use Sound Weapons & Tear Gas

the government provocateurs are the ones most prone to violence
Of those two choices, the G20 protesters apparently more violent. Does that mean that you think they were 'government provocateurs'? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth rather I am trying to understand your post.

Then you are against yourself, there is nothing, I repeat nothing more American than protesting ... peacefully.

I think it is pretty obvious that the T-Baggers were the more civil group as compared to the G20 protestors but I have to agree with KittenKoder - protesting is very American and thanks to "Freedom of Speech" granted to us by the Constitution everybody can have their say. This goes for T-Baggers, G20 protestors, KKK marches (as bad as they are) and even people who support Obama. The Constitution grants that right and it's unique to America. I don't think rally's that turn into violent mobs are what the Constitution gives as a right - but the freedom of speech and assembly part is granted by the Constitution. When it becomes unruly, it's breaking the law.

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, we may never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." Dwight Eisenhower

The right to speak ones mind in this nation and do so in a peaceful manner is one of highest forms of liberty that our constitution bestows upon us and as such nothing could be more American than to assemble and to exercise your rights to under the first amendment and to seek redress from your Govt.

§ 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government
How Current is This?Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

The Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Even our own Govt. does not know by passing laws that keep citizens from exercising their rights , how then can you expect some citizens to recoginze Americans exercising their rights handed to them by the founding fathers of this nation much less the Govt. or the media. The G20 protestors while no less passionate need not destroy the property of others to make their point and in doing so take away the rights of others in order to make that point.

Not only would I be a TEA bagger, I AM a TEA bagger, and proud of it.

And, for the record, I am neither Republican or Democrat. I am quite capable of walking my own path without being told where to step by some corrupt asshole in DC.

Last edited:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” – Samuel Adams

When people call the Americans at the Tea Parties all sorts of names they tend to forget exactly the origins of the very nation in which they live. Samual Adams in my mind best expresses the very reason these Americans are openly expressing their feelings and that is a love of liberty over that of comfort and a desire to decide for themselves and their families what destiny is best for them. Honest protest even with the Boston Tea Party is in the very fabric of this nation, when citizens rather than pay a completly ourrageous tax on tea boarded 3 ships in boston harbor and tossed all it's contents in the harbor.

George Hewes was a member of the band of "Indians" that boarded the tea ships that evening. His recollection of the event was published some years later. We join his story as the group makes its way to the tea-laden ships:

"It was now evening, and I immediately dressed myself in the costume of an Indian, equipped with a small hatchet, which I and my associates denominated the tomahawk, with which, and a club, after having painted my face and hands with coal dust in the shop of a blacksmith, I repaired to Griffin's wharf, where the ships lay that contained the tea. When I first appeared in the street after being thus disguised, I fell in with many who were dressed, equipped and painted as I was, and who fell in with me and marched in order to the place of our destination.

The Boston Tea Party
When we arrived at the wharf, there were three of our number who assumed an authority to direct our operations, to which we readily submitted. They divided us into three parties, for the purpose of boarding the three ships which contained the tea at the same time. The name of him who commanded the division to which I was assigned was Leonard Pitt. The names of the other commanders I never knew. We were immediately ordered by the respective commanders to board all the ships at the same time, which we promptly obeyed. The commander of the division to which I belonged, as soon as we were on board the ship, appointed me boatswain, and ordered me to go to the captain and demand of him the keys to the hatches and a dozen candles. I made the demand accordingly, and the captain promptly replied, and delivered the articles; but requested me at the same time to do no damage to the ship or rigging. We then were ordered by our commander to open the hatches and take out all the chests of tea and throw them overboard, and we immediately proceeded to execute his orders, first cutting and splitting the chests with our tomahawks, so as thoroughly to expose them to the effects of the water.

In about three hours from the time we went on board, we had thus broken and thrown overboard every tea chest to be found in the ship, while those in the other ships were disposing of the tea in the same way, at the same time. We were surrounded by British armed ships, but no attempt was made to resist us

So when we see Americans in protest especially those that are exercising the very rights paid for by the lives of countless citizens for the last 200 plus years , we see OUR form of Govt. in action.

This is not a fair comparison.

The G20 protestors are always violent nutballs and do not represent the average left leaning American.

Its unfair to use them vs the tea party people who were just regular voters.

Not only would I be a TEA bagger, I AM a TEA bagger, and proud of it.

And, for the record, I am neither Republican or Democrat. I am quite capable of walking my own path without being told where to step by some corrupt asshole in DC.

:)

That describes me too. Hmmmmm why is it that the people I have met going don't fit the internet descriptions on forums or the descriptions put forth in the fringe media outlets like NBC and NYtimes?

If you were forced to have one or the other protest in your neighborhood which one would you rather have?

I do live in a neighborhood (Pittsburgh) where one of the G-20 protests occurred. It was peaceful, respectful and law-abiding.

The national coverage focused on the few places in town where violence happened. It was all due to the actions of the Anarchists. The other G-20 protesters behaved admirably.

Anarchists are not Liberals. Painting all protesters with the same brush is an activity for incurious minds.

Forum List

Back