Tea Party Praying for Sen. Byrd to drop Dead, member breaks down on C-Span

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0uxURKIFqU[/ame]

CALLER: Yeah doctor. Our small tea bag group here in Waycross, we got our vigil together and took Dr. Coburn’s instructions and prayed real hard that Sen. Byrd would either die or couldn’t show up at the vote the other night.

How hard did you pray because I see one of our members was missing this morning. Did it backfire on us? One of our members died? How hard did you pray senator? Did you pray hard enough?

I'm willing to bet those Tea Party people were good Christians too, you betcha! :lol:

Thoughts? Did your Tea Party pray for Democrats to drop dead too?

Looks like GOD has spoken

All the Democrats showed up to vote while Republican Sen Inhoffe somehow was prevented from voting.

All that praying and somehow GOD came out on the side of healthcare

Let me hear an AMEN!

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0uxURKIFqU

CALLER: Yeah doctor. Our small tea bag group here in Waycross, we got our vigil together and took Dr. Coburn’s instructions and prayed real hard that Sen. Byrd would either die or couldn’t show up at the vote the other night.

How hard did you pray because I see one of our members was missing this morning. Did it backfire on us? One of our members died? How hard did you pray senator? Did you pray hard enough?
I'm willing to bet those Tea Party people were good Christians too, you betcha! :lol:

Wow. The caller actually used the words, Tea Bag Group?

Who is it that uses the term tea bagger?

Yeah, that must be what the Senator was praying for...after all, there is no bias there, right?

That was a great faux call in right there.

You gotta love it when people fear a movement so much they try to immitate it in such an obvious and negative way.

OUr little tea bagging.....oops freudian slip there bub.

Yeah, that must be what the Senator was praying for...after all, there is no bias there, right?

You must of missed my thread detailing Sen. Coburn's comments.

Yes he actually said that

Those liberals who don't like the teaparty movement are the ones who use that language.

Immitation is the highest form of flattery, not to mention calling it a teabag group was a huge freudian slip.

That was a great faux call in right there.

You gotta love it when people fear a movement so much they try to immitate it in such an obvious and negative way.

OUr little tea bagging.....oops freudian slip there bub.

You seem to have a huge blur between the terms "fear" and "parody" if this is one. Especially when I'm sure plenty of tea party groups did in fact pray for a Senator's death.

And for you to even doubt that would be ignoring some of the people at these rallies.

Those liberals who don't like the teaparty movement are the ones who use that language.

Immitation is the highest form of flattery, not to mention calling it a teabag group was a huge freudian slip.
They can't help themselves. When one hates that much, it slips through no matter how careful they are.

What language? Calling them tea baggers? You must of missed such classic signs such as:

"Tea Bag the Liberals before they Tea Bag you!"

Calm down Cricket, Imitation is the highest form of flattery? :lol:

There is a point beyond reality, you are passing it by using such remarks. :lol:

I didn't miss it....would you like me to edit in my response? Too bad :lol:

Ah yes senator coburn's comments

To be fair you kinda took it out of proportion.

from what I just read in that link it sounds like the senator said "We should pray that someone can't make the vote so this bill doesn't pass"

I dont think he was wishing sickness or death on Byrd, if he was actually talking about Byrd. I think he was literally praying for what he said, which was "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight".

To be fair to you too he doesn't clarify how they can't make the vote but you are assuming the worse and projecting your own opinoin into his statement.

They can't help themselves. When one hates that much, it slips through no matter how careful they are.

More misguiding langauge. You seem to have a blur between the ideas "laugh at the joke that it is" and "hate".

What language? Calling them tea baggers? You must of missed such classic signs such as:

"Tea Bag the Liberals before they Tea Bag you!"

Calm down Cricket, Imitation is the highest form of flattery? :lol:

There is a point beyond reality, you are passing it by using such remarks. :lol:

I'm not the one bending what was said by senator colburn and going off their rocker at every opportunity to bash a group referred to as the teaparty. You are soo hell bent on it you missed the OBVIOUSNESS of this youtube video and the caller not being part of the movement.

sorry bro, you got duped this time.

EDIT: You can have the last words

Last edited:

I didn't miss it....would you like me to edit in my response? Too bad :lol:

Ah yes senator coburn's comments

To be fair you kinda took it out of proportion.

from what I just read in that link it sounds like the senator said "We should pray that someone can't make the vote so this bill doesn't pass"

I dont think he was wishing sickness or death on Byrd, if he was actually talking about Byrd. I think he was literally praying for what he said, which was "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight".

To be fair to you too he doesn't clarify how they can't make the vote but you are assuming the worse and projecting your own opinoin into his statement.
Yeah. Its more then just a stretch to think that the Senator was praying for someones death. Its an outright manipulation of the facts through the use of fear-mongering.

Oh no! The big bad Republican Senator is wishing for people to die! We must stop him!

Of course, we are taking things out of context when they use the term, teabagger. After all, they decided to label themselves as teabaggers.

Forum List

Back