Tea Party Plummeting

You need to read the statement that S&P released to explain why they did it.

Please show us in the state from S&P where it cites the Tea Party. Go ahead show all of us okay?

We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.
We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.
The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.
More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.
The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.
S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

Waste of time - you're dealing with the unintelligent...

I know, I know, but sometimes you have to rub their faces in it. :lol:

I don't understand how a group of people doing God's work in trying to prevent an evil communist takeover are losing popularity.

I would figure that the populace would be more appreciative.

Please show us in the statement from S&P where it cites the Tea Party. Go ahead show all of us okay?

We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.
We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.
The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.
More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.
The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

Really? Intelligent people are not selective in their reading of the report. I would also add that intelligent people wouldn't have let the whole debt ceiling process devolve into an 11th hour fiasco. That's what the tea party Republicans accomplished all by their lonesome when they jettisoned the goal of getting the best possible deal to lower the national debt significantly by cutting spending AND raising revenue in favor of fighting an ideological battle where not raising ANY revenue whatsoever under any conditons was the Republican Party's primary goal, regardless of what happened as a result.

The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policy making becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed. The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy. Despite this year's wide-ranging debate, in our view, the differences between political parties have proven to be extraordinarily difficult to bridge, and, as we see it, the resulting agreement fell well short of the comprehensive fiscal consolidation program that some proponents had envisaged until quite recently.

Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act.

Please show us in the statement from S&P where it cites the Tea Party. Go ahead show all of us okay?

Really? Intelligent people are not selective in their reading of the report.

<snip>
I know, which is why you are unintelligent... You selectively read the report...

They've been plummeting for a while now, they have an overinflated sense of themselves, what have they really accomplished?

They destroyed the entire economy and were the cause of the credit downgrade according to leftist kook sellouts like yourself......

Another shucking and jiving post from Mr:

TOP-HOUSE-NEGRO-COUNTDOWN-2009.jpg

Another sellout post from the ultimate clown....

homey_the_clown.jpg

Only the unintelligent believe that....

It's amazing. Every once in a while, if I listen to conservative talk radio, I hear some host making a mountain out of something that's not even high enough to be considered a mole hill. I could hear it at least twenty times a day if I chose to listen long enough.

Now, when the S&P report is delivered, and it's abundantly clear what S&P is saying (even though they do not mention any particular person or group by name), you're going to claim that not mentioning a particular group by name means that the report couldn't possibly be pointing to how that one group was willing to take America right to the edge of default, regardless of the consequences? I ask that question especially since the report mentions the brinksmanship that was going on, and everyone knows from which side of the political spectrum that brinksmanship was originating.

Last edited:

It's amazing. Every once in a while, if I listen to conservative talk radio, I hear some host making a mountain out of something that's not even high enough to be considered a mole hill. I could hear it at least twenty times a day if I chose to listen long enough.

Now, when the S&P report is delivered, and it's abundantly clear what S&P is saying (even though they do not mention any particular person or group by name), you're going to claim that not mentioning a particular group by name means that the report couldn't possibly be pointing to the how that one group was willing to take America right to the edge of default, regardless of the consequences? I ask that question especially since the report mentions the brinksmanship that was going on, and everyone knows from which side of the political spectrum that brinksmanship was originating.

IF THE REPUBS HAD NOT TAKEN THE HOUSE THE DOWNGRADE WOULD HAVE HAPPENED MONTHS AGO. Part of the concern was not being able to address the issues we face, If not for the house the issues would not have been faced at all.

<snip>
I know, which is why you are unintelligent... You selectively read the report...

I read the whole report and chose to include the parts of the report that were relevant to my statement which YOU, in turn, chose not to include in your cut and paste job because it repudiated your position.

In other words, it's just another day when conservatives get their hats handed to them in an argument when conservative propaganda and/or revisionism comes up against an opposing argument where logic and reason are valued over ideological purity tests.

<snip>

I read the whole report and chose to include the parts of the report that were relevant to my statement which YOU, in turn, chose not to include in your cut and paste job because it repudiated your position.

In other words, it's just another day when conservatives get their hats handed to them in an argument when conservative propaganda and/or revisionism comes up against an opposing argument where logic and reason are valued over ideological purity tests.

The exact same thing could be said about the liberals in your statement. No difference, so what's your point?

Now, when the S&P report is delivered, and it's abundantly clear what S&P is saying (even though they do not mention any particular person or group by name), you're going to claim that not mentioning a particular group by name means that the report couldn't possibly be pointing to the how that one group was willing to take America right to the edge of default, regardless of the consequences? I ask that question especially since the report mentions the brinksmanship that was going on, and everyone knows from which side of the political spectrum that brinksmanship was originating.

IF THE REPUBS HAD NOT TAKEN THE HOUSE THE DOWNGRADE WOULD HAVE HAPPENED MONTHS AGO. Part of the concern was not being able to address the issues we face, If not for the house the issues would not have been faced at all.

That's merely conjecture. In FACT, if the Republicans hadn't taken controll, it's quite likely that the Bush tax cuts (responsible for something like 60% of the debt) for the wealthiest Americans would have been gradually phased out, thereby lowering America's debt to GDP ratio and preventing the S&P downgrade.

Wow, the Tea Party is in trouble - it's unfavorable rating is starting to approach the ratings for the Republican party!

Why is it they did not post party affiliation of those polled?
Because polls don't do that. They randomly select citizens, ensuring an even mix and no bias.

Yeah, polls do that, or they won't know if they're getting an even mix or not, Synth. Most polls will show the breakdown.

<snip>

In other words, you selectively picked out parts of the report which you "think" proves your point... Whereas other intelligent people have read the entire report, taking all the words written by S&P, and came to the obvious conclusion that all parties are to blame for the downgrade... This conclusion is contrary to your unintelligent conclusion...

Thank you for proving my point... Again...

That's merely conjecture. In FACT, if the Republicans hadn't taken controll, it's quite likely that the Bush tax cuts (responsible for something like 60% of the debt) for the wealthiest Americans would have been gradually phased out, thereby lowering America's debt to GDP ratio and preventing the S&P downgrade.

The blame game again, huh? It's an old story that nobody is buying into

Got a link for that, sparky?

No they didn't, quit with the lies. POLITICIANS managed to get the credit rating downgraded.

Yeah, TEA PARTY politicians. And the kook, Michele Bachmann, who's actually running for president voted against the compromise deal. Does that mean she would have vetoed it if she were sitting in the Oval Office? If she had, where do you think the DOW would be right now? Maybe around 7,000 (which is about where it was when Obama took office)? How about America's credit rating? In the cellar, probably.

Drink some more Kool-Aid, sonny. Our deficit and our spending got us where we are today. Not the few that really tried to address the problem and not just put a bandaid on the wound.
If not for the fact that we keep having to raise the debt ceiling and out of control spending we still would have had the AAA rating.
If not for the fact that we didn't address the spending in a serious way and not with the smoke and mirrors from the politicians we would still have our AAA rating.
Now just go spin and blame like you have been doing since teflon obama has been in office. I get it....but it's not fooling anyone.
If that were true, then they would have downgraded us last month or 6 months ago or a year ago.

They didn't.

They waited until the agreement, which called for no additional revenues or taxation or ending any subsidy, THEN decided to downgrade us.

It's the Tea Party Downgrade. They own it, and they celebrated it!

You are speaking directly out of your ass.

Forum List

Back