Tea Party Pledge

I'm pretty sure that part was amended. Look up the 15th Amendment which states inpart "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. "

Sure, it was amended. However, Maple wants us to follow the Constitution as it was written by our founders.

Seems you missed that little tidbit.

You do realize that slavery was a legitimate practice during those times. And is that the only contention you have with the historical document?

Yes, it was amended but Dogbert and his ilk would like to amend the entire document.:lol: And no I have never agreed with slavery as the great majority of tea partiers do not either. Remember Abe Lincoln was a Republican, that should really get your goat. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Last edited:
You do realize that slavery was a legitimate practice during those times. And is that the only contention you have with the historical document?

I'm going by what your good buddy Maple says. No need to argue with me.

The Constitution of the United States: Amendments 11-27

AMENDMENT XIII
Passed by Congress January 31, 1865. Ratified December 6, 1865.

Note: A portion of Article IV, section 2, of the Constitution was superseded by the 13th amendment.

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Slavery was not only legal in the U.S but all over the world at that time, not only black people were slaves but also people who were in debt were sold into servitude. I really don't think the intention of the pledge is that people want slavery back, but it was nice spin anyway dogbert. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOl

Last edited:
I think that it is disappointing to see that the liberals have such a problem with a pledge that does nothing but call for personal responsibility and the accountability of our elected officials. It attacks no one or any polical party, yet they still somehow find a problem with it. I guess that I should not be surprised.

I pledge to never again be complacent and asleep at the wheel while government at the local and national level runs amok with the taxpayer dollar.

And yet the party founded on fiscal responsibility charges $549 to attend their convention and pays out $100,000 for just one speaker

I don't know if you have ever attended a class with your profession, that's what they were, with technology etc. I have with my profession and they are not free, I think included in that fee was lodging and food.

As far as Palin making $100,000 so what???? She is a speaker and speakers are paid to speak, they come from all walks of life, visiting pastors, professionals- doctors and lawyers, politiicans such as AL GORE and Clinton, but I would bet you have absolutely NO PROBLEM with those people being paid, but somehow you do when it is a conservative woman being paid for the same thing. Do you not think that your statement is quite HYPOCRITICAL, because your statement reeks of HYPOCRISY to me and others who read it.:cuckoo:

Or are you against equal pay for equal work when it comes to women?????

Last edited:
I pledge to never again be complacent and asleep at the wheel while government at the local and national level runs amok with the taxpayer dollar.

And yet the party founded on fiscal responsibility charges $549 to attend their convention and pays out $100,000 for just one speaker

I don't know if you have ever attended a class with your profession, that's what they were, with technology etc. I have with my profession and they are not free, I think included in that fee was lodging and food.

As far as Palin making $100,000 so what???? She is a speaker and speakers are paid to speak, they come from all walks of life, visiting pastors, professionals- doctors and lawyers, politiicans such as AL GORE and Clinton, but I would bet you have absolutely NO PROBLEM with those people being paid, but somehow you do when it is a conservative woman being paid for the same thing. Do you not think that your statement is quite HYPOCRITICAL, because your statement reeks of HYPOCRISY to me and others who read it.:cuckoo:

I have attended many seminars and they were honest in what they are. The Tea Party is supposed to be a grass roots organization of taxpayers who are being pounded by Government overspending. To charge these members $549 to hear the message of the party is HYPOCRISY. If the "Convention" was a fundraising event, it should be advertised as such

Did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin charge to be heard? They jumped at any opportunity to get their message to the public. If Sarah Palin was sincere in her support of the Tea Party message, she should have appeared for free.

I think that it is disappointing to see that the liberals have such a problem with a pledge that does nothing but call for personal responsibility and the accountability of our elected officials. It attacks no one or any polical party, yet they still somehow find a problem with it. I guess that I should not be surprised.

I don't think they like the idea of personal responsibility nor do they respect the constitution. Obama after being in office over a year still blames Bush, that's part of his victim mentality I suppose. Nothing is ever their fault!

I have attended many seminars and they were honest in what they are. The Tea Party is supposed to be a grass roots organization of taxpayers who are being pounded by Government overspending. To charge these members $549 to hear the message of the party is HYPOCRISY. If the "Convention" was a fundraising event, it should be advertised as such

Did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin charge to be heard? They jumped at any opportunity to get their message to the public. If Sarah Palin was sincere in her support of the Tea Party message, she should have appeared for free.

So Gore, Clinton and the like should all speak for free? Unless they're not sincere in their beliefs.

What's disappointing is how you still don't get the reason for criticism, is not the pledge itself, but how these bozos are full of shit and don't even follow their pledge. We've already been through it.

What's disappointing is how you still don't get the reason for criticism, is not the pledge itself, but how these bozos are full of shit and don't even follow their pledge. We've already been through it.

Hey stupid! First off you have to prove that each of the "bozos" you're speaking of actually took the pledge and then provide evidence of their hypocrisy. Just for the record who are these "bozos" you speak of?

I pledge to honor and uphold the Constitution of the United States as it was written by our founders.

Well, there's goes your freedom, black folks. And there goes your vote, ladies.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pretty much sums it up to be said after the Pledge of Allegiance at tea party's across the nation.

Tea Party Pledge:

I pledge to always keep myself educated on current events and policies that effect the security and prosperity of this country, it's citizens and it's future generations.

I pledge to know the facts, the agenda's, of any and all candidates before I vote.

I pledge to keep our politicians honest by supporting only those who have demonstrated integrity, honor and character in their daily lives.

I pledge to honor and uphold the Constitution of the United States as it was written by our founders.

I pledge to defend the freedom of the United States and of it's citizens with every ounce of my strength, so help me God.

Well, so much for the pledge. They have already violated most of the provisions.

Hey stupid! First off you have to prove that each of the "bozos" you're speaking of actually took the pledge and then provide evidence of their hypocrisy. Just for the record who are these "bozos" you speak of?

Hey stupid!!!! I'm still waiting on that proof and the answer to my question!

Now that's funny, here I am asking the self proclaimed doctor legitimate questions, of which he refuses to answer, and he neg reps me and calls me a troll. That is too fucking funny!!! Hey Dr. dumbass, here's some advice, don't make claims you can't prove!

I pledge to keep our politicians honest by electing only those who have demonstrated integrity, honor and character in their daily lives.

And then Sarah Palin is one of their favorites. But I know, many conservatives think whatever they believe is the truth. Hence why its ironic.
What is Palin running for again?

I suggest you cut back on the bong.

I pledge to keep our politicians honest by electing only those who have demonstrated integrity, honor and character in their daily lives.

And then Sarah Palin is one of their favorites. But I know, many conservatives think whatever they believe is the truth. Hence why its ironic.

Would you care to give me some FACTS and TRUTHS about Palin that you can PROVE???Be careful, I have actually read her book that has been FACT CHECKED by 11 different ASSOCIATED PRESS journalists and if they can't find anything false, I sincerely doubt that YOU can.:lol::lol::lol:
Doesn't matter what anybody says, you will just spin it, or ignore it, or claim its false, like the teabaggers do.

1. Quit governor of Alaska, not much honor, integrity and character in that, and all the ethics inquiries into her time in office

2, She's been shown to be a hypocrite so many times now. Criticize Obama for using teleprompter,, while having crib notes. And just the teleprompter comments shows she doesn't have much integrity with cheap, petty mudslinging like that. Another is being all upset when Rahm says "that's fucking retarded" but silent when Rush says "retard camp". Again, political mudslinging, not much integrity there.

3, Her book is full of inaccuracies and lies, there goes integrity.

It can go on and on.

boy oh boy, are you a DNC or mediamatters talking parrot.:lol:

Consider this..............

If the Tea Party is led (unofficially) by Sarah Palin, please explain exactly how many of those pledges that she upholds?

No fair writing it on your hand.........

Consider this..............

If the Tea Party is led (unofficially) by Sarah Palin, please explain exactly how many of those pledges that she upholds?

No fair writing it on your hand.........

First of all, she has stated very clearly that she is not the leader of the tea party and does not beleive they need one. If you would watch something besides the "dumb down America channel," MSNBC you would have been aware of that statement.

BTW- she has upheld ALL of them, and if you actually read something you would know that too. She was responsible for going after the corrupt bastards club in her own state of Alaska and within her own party and some of them are still wearing striped pajama's.:lol::lol:

And I would write on my hand anyday before I would read a teleprompter VERBATIM and pretend to actually be giving a speech. LOLOLOLOLO " Corpseman" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Last edited:

Would you care to give me some FACTS and TRUTHS about Palin that you can PROVE???Be careful, I have actually read her book that has been FACT CHECKED by 11 different ASSOCIATED PRESS journalists and if they can't find anything false, I sincerely doubt that YOU can.:lol::lol::lol:

The AP DID find falsehoods in her book...

FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts
By The Associated Press
November 14, 2009, 8:00AM

The AP DID find falsehoods in her book...

FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts
By The Associated Press
November 14, 2009, 8:00AM

Boy they had to some very serious digging to come up with this ,is that all ya got???? I would be interested in seeing Obama's two books fact checked by ANYONE or for that matter the Clinton books fact checked by ANYONE. Of course, that won't happen now will it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh well, I guess they had to show something for putting 11 associated press journalists on this case.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back