Tea Party Pledge

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Maple, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pretty much sums it up to be said after the Pledge of Allegiance at tea party's across the nation.

Tea Party Pledge:

I pledge to never again be complacent and asleep at the wheel while government at the local and national level runs amok with the taxpayer dollar.

I pledge to always keep myself educated on current events and policies that effect the security and prosperity of this country, it's citizens and it's future generations.

I pledge to know the facts, the agenda's, of any and all candidates before I vote.

I pledge to keep our politicians honest by supporting only those who have demonstrated integrity, honor and character in their daily lives.

I pledge to honor and uphold the Constitution of the United States as it was written by our founders.

I pledge to defend the freedom of the United States and of it's citizens with every ounce of my strength, so help me God.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Every citizen should adhere to this pledge. IMHO

3. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,653
    Thank you for this list....I will watch who Tea Baggers support based on this pledge.

4. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    They will vote for fiscal conservative candidates. That's their main goal. I think it's a good pledge and, especially the part about paying attention to policies and politicians and what they are doing. We have not been and that's why we are in the huge mess we are in.

5. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

Problem is, is that they don't pay attention when things are good and we end up in this mess. They vote without ever knowing the agenda of the politicians they are voting for. Many vote party line and are surprised with what they end up with.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    This goes across party lines- democrats, independents and republicans all want a respectable, responsible, accountable, efficient government, not the out of control train wreck that's happening now.

7. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Were the teabaggers sleeping during the last administration?

Or was that the level of government spending they are looking for?

8. Lonestar_logic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I agree, I don't remember who said this but someone said that people shouldn't vote at all unless they educate themselves on the issues and the candidates.

9. Lonestar_logic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I think the last two years of Bush coupled with the first year of Obama along with the bail outs of banks, the housing crisis and then this healthcare fiasco woke people up.

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    This is a pretty straight-forward concept. Why should it bother those intent to belittle the Tea Party movement? Seems like if we had of all done this in the past we wouldn't have such a shit stain in our political pants in Washington today. Maybe our Congress would be seating people who are there to help us instead of the usual collection of deadbeats breathing air there today. Maybe we would have picked better Presidential candidates for both political parties. If this concept is put into place by both Democrats and Republicans - every voter - in reality we would all live in a better place.