Tea Party please answer this

You do realize that most all farmers are republicans don't you?

Been dealing with farmers for over 30 years and have met very few Republicans in that industry. Can't find stats- can you?

All the farmers around here vote republican.
The cities voted against Rand Paul and all the rural counties voted him in.

"My Shack" gives me a great reference point. We must be next door neighbors. :D

Frankly, I Shirley am unaware of the politico-demographico-ratio of agri-dudes and dudesses.

I could be mistaken. Maybe their penchant for the government teat supercedes party affiliation.

Been dealing with farmers for over 30 years and have met very few Republicans in that industry. Can't find stats- can you?

Frankly, I Shirley am unaware of the politico-demographico-ratio of agri-dudes and dudesses.

I could be mistaken. Maybe their penchant for the government teat supercedes party affiliation.

they are a somewhat conflicted bunch. Like the elder males liging off of medicare and SS but strong Tea Partiers.
I con't figure it out.

I have a farm and hang out with farmers a lot and know they love the tea party but love getting subsidies and most voted for Rand Paul as well.
Makes no sense to me.
The large urban counties all went dem but almost all of the rural farming counties went Rand Paul.

Waste and fraud. That should do it.

Plus - eliminate the ethanol program, stop paying farmers to not grow crops, stop paying farmers when it rains, stop paying farmers when grain prices fall, stop paying farmers when they get a fucking hangnail...

I think you should watch this movie...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

they are a somewhat conflicted bunch. Like the elder males liging off of medicare and SS but strong Tea Partiers.
I con't figure it out.

I have a farm and hang out with farmers a lot and know they love the tea party but love getting subsidies and most voted for Rand Paul as well.
Makes no sense to me.
The large urban counties all went dem but almost all of the rural farming counties went Rand Paul.

Ahh gotcha thanks. Here's a funny story- I tried to get drilling rights from a farmer years ago, and she asked me "well what kind of income do you think we'd get from the oil?"

I did some fast scratching, and said "maybe $40,000 a year- expense free".

She looked at me and said "no- I don't think so- we don't need that".

I am in the wrong fucking business.

I con't figure it out.

Makes no sense to me.

Ahh gotcha thanks. Here's a funny story- I tried to get drilling rights from a farmer years ago, and she asked me "well what kind of income do you think we'd get from the oil?"

You're in the oil drilling business? No shit you're in the wrong business. Stop drilling our Earth! Get out you greedy bastard.

I think this brings an interesting question. What would Democrats/liberals/progressives cut from the budget? It's obvious we have to start cutting it back. We are broke and cant afford all this spending. You seem to have no problem criticisizing spending cuts, but you dont seem to propose any of your owns.

So what would you cut? Or do you actually want us to go bankrupt and have alot of inflation from our dollar decreasing in value? Do you want to fix the problem or do you want our interests rates to be higher than anything we could ever pay?

Are any of you honestly going to argue that despite being broke we need to spend even more money to fix these problems?

"Tea Baggers" again. So much for the moderate rhetoric. Here's one for the Ioway lefties. What is the prupose of a bureaucracy? I'll make it easy...the purpose of a bureaucracy is to get bigger and to get more funding. There are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of petty federal bureaucracies which do nothing or worse might work against the agenda of other federal bureaucracies. Weed through them and get rid of them. Get rid of the tens of thousands of petty regulations that hamper small businesses. Understand that now is not the time to kiss the asses of oil producing dictators while we sell our future for oil. I'm not even running for office and that was easy.

I con't figure it out.

Makes no sense to me.

You're in the oil drilling business? No shit you're in the wrong business. Stop drilling our Earth! Get out you greedy bastard.

I'm kind of too old to switch jobs. You got any suggestions?

I hear there's a future in solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, biomass. You know- the kind of furture that we can WIN.

I'm a lilttle tired of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a high-risk, capital-intensive job with no guarantee of success.

Plus- Obama said that I took billions of dollars from taxpayers and he wants it back. He wants it back so he can give it to the taxpayers. Well, I'm a taxpayer so is he gonna give it back to me?

I'm confused.

P.S. - I did find some oil but it's just enough to cover the costs of finding it, plus living expenses. You know- mortgage, utilities, food and clothing - maybe send the kids to school. Oh yeah- back when oil got to $140 a barrel, I put a down payment on a house, bought the wife a used car (she gave me a hug and a kiss- after 13 years of marriage- I took that as a compliment).

Then I paid off all that debt I had from when oil was $8 a barrel and you guys were paying $1.00 for gasoline. It only took me 10 years but goddamnit I got it done.

Folks tell me that I only produce enough oil to take care of 5 minutes worth of our country's useage each year. Well, that 5 minutes is a lifetime to me. And my kids.

Time is relative isn't it?

Last edited:
It seems that cutting the budget is the big thing in your life. So where would you cut? The majority of the cost related to the deficet in the future is about SS, MEDICARE and MEDICADE.

So what would you do with these programs, how would you change them? And if you think they need to be changed what would happen to the people who need these programs which righ now is basicly every person over 65.

The rest of the budget outside these items is mainly two things, Military and Edcation.

Do we need either of these two things or the other three. So how should these things be paid for? Should we raise taxes on people? What programs would you cut and how much and what will the people who need these programs do to replace them.

Please explain what and how to do the things you want done and who is suppose to replace everything you do away with?

I have things that could be done. Allow the interest on SS payments be made for all the money that has been paid into SS over the last 50 years and from now on. Just pay the same as savings bonds.
Allow means testing over 65 as to what you recieve and what you can pay for.
Allow the SS tax to go up to last dollar, with employers stop paying at what it is now indexed for inflation.
Put the inheritance tax back to where it should be, and use any income to help supplement any cost increase, because 59% of all money passed on has never been taxed.

What would you do Tea Baggers, and just cutting taxes ain't going to get it done.

Where are you lulling your figures from? The deficit this year is going to be $1.5 trillion. Social Security is not counted toward that deficit because, in theory, Social Security is a separate account and has a surplus. Medicaid and Medicare spending is projected to total $676 billion this year, and that is not all deficit spending because most of it is covered by projected revenue.

Forum List

Back