Tea Party Platform

The Tea Party simply stands for Constitutional government. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's exactly what scares the hell out of the radical idiot liberal Dumbocrat Party which has shredded the Constitution in favor of pure, unadulterated communism.

Doesn't sounds so terrible...

Tea Party Movement Platform

A fairly benign list, not terribly offensive. But that's not the problem.

The problem, from an independent/undecided perspective, is as follows:

• Grover Norquist running around, shoving "pledges" in the faces of all Republican candidates, forcing them to bend over or be subject to hardcore attacks
  • People like Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann co-opting the movement in its infancy, taking its reasonable "responsible government" message and adding their harcore religious beliefs to the mix
  • The nomination and campaigns of several Tea Party-friendly loons who just made the whole thing look like one big freaking joke
  • The absolute legislative paralysis caused by absolutists who did get elected, causing the ship to sink even faster than it has been
Again, I know you don't have a problem with the issues above, but I have little doubt that they throw up some pretty large red flags for independents and undecideds. Maybe not to the point where Romney will lose, but I really don't think the Tea Party is helping him on balance.

• Banned

• Grover Norquist running around, shoving "pledges" in the faces of all Republican candidates, forcing them to bend over or be subject to hardcore attacks
  • People like Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann co-opting the movement in its infancy, taking its reasonable "responsible government" message and adding their harcore religious beliefs to the mix
  • The nomination and campaigns of several Tea Party-friendly loons who just made the whole thing look like one big freaking joke
  • The absolute legislative paralysis caused by absolutists who did get elected, causing the ship to sink even faster than it has been
Again, I know you don't have a problem with the issues above, but I have little doubt that they throw up some pretty large red flags for independents and undecideds. Maybe not to the point where Romney will lose, but I really don't think the Tea Party is helping him on balance.

I'd like to thnk that intelligent Independents can see beyond that and perhaps also see that their platform on it's own merit is something to be seriously considered.

I'd like to thnk that intelligent Independents can see beyond that and perhaps also see that their platform on it's own merit is something to be seriously considered.

Politics is (unfortunately) about image. My general impression of the Tea Party is that, because it's so new, it allowed its various successes to go to its head and it stopped thinking about how it would be perceived. That's dangerous as hell.

This is why the Dem's are so upset about them.
They would lose control over the people and the social programs.
Having the states control what works for each state, for the entitlement programs, is much better.
It would bring the cost down for each program. When you don't have the Federal heads and employees being paid out for much of those programs, that money can can go towards the programs.That means more money would be going towards the people that needs the assistance.

• Banned

Politics is (unfortunately) about image. My general impression of the Tea Party is that, because it's so new, it allowed its various successes to go to its head and it stopped thinking about how it would be perceived. That's dangerous as hell.

I don't want to stray off topic but your last comment could also be a description of Obama.

With a few slight modifications:

My general impression of Obama is that, because he was so new, he allowed his limited successes to go to his head and he stopped thinking about how he would be perceived. That's dangerous as hell.

Hmmmm, it seemed to leave out the Teavangelicals...

How come that platform isn't the face of the "movement" instead of this?

s-MEDICARE-large.jpg

Ignore what they say, watch what they do. Thus far, what the people of the Teabaggers have done has proven themselves to be total loons. An absolutist approach to government that has created a paralysis, and cost us millions of jobs that could have been created repairing our infrastructure. When you have a group of people who state that their primary goal is getting the current resident out of the White House, no matter what it costs the nation, you are dealing with a group of loons who care nothing for our nation.

I don't want to stray off topic but your last comment could also be a description of Obama.

My general impression of Obama is that, because he was so new, he allowed his limited successes to go to his head and he stopped thinking about how he would be perceived. That's dangerous as hell.

Hell, that was the Democrat party from Jan 1 2009 until the 2010 elections. "We won, you lost, tough shit" was the message.

We need some consensus-building leadership right now, and we need it fast. That may be the quality the undecideds are looking for.

Yeah.. Seems "official". :lol:

Too bad there is no such thing as a "tea party", it's the republican party... And all of the nut bags and years of horrible policies that come with it.

Yeah that's why 80 something was elected in the House and has shook up Washington D.C. in both parties.
It scares the hell out of them that people want to have the Government, to be constrained to the constitution.
This is why so many libs in the Dem's party keeps saying you can't work with these people because they keep telling the Libs that their bills are unconstitutional. They have not heard that for a very, very long time.
Remember Pelosi, when she was asked about the Health Care bill on whether or not it was constitutional? She said "are you kidding me"?

Last edited:

Hell, that was the Democrat party from Jan 1 2009 until the 2010 elections. "We won, you lost, tough shit" was the message.

We need some consensus-building leadership right now, and we need it fast. That may be the quality the undecideds are looking for.

By what actions or statements? The Public Option included in the Heritage Foundation's Health Care Plan passed in that time?

Yeah.. Seems "official". :lol:

Too bad there is no such thing as a "tea party", it's the republican party... And all of the nut bags and years of horrible policies that come with it.

Yeah that's why 80 something was elected in the House and has shook up Washington D.C. in both parties.
It scares the hell out of them that people want to have the Government, to be constrained to the constitution.
This is why so many libs in the Dem's party keeps saying you can't work with these people because they keep telling the Libs that their bills are unconstitutional. They have not heard that for a very, very long time.
Remember Pelosi, when she was asked about the Health Care bill on whether or not it was constitutional? She said "are you kidding me"?

I am sure you can explain why the 112th congress has lowest approval rating tracking EVER.

Even lower than the 111th congress whom passed the dreaded "OBAMACARE".

I guess 80% of Americans are Teabaggers and feel that congress is not "Conservative" enough.. Eh? :lol:

Forum List

Back