Tea Party Or OWS Agenda. Which Do You Prefer?

Tea Party or OWS Agenda. Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is utterly false.

If you gave me $1000 to spend and I drove up to Canada and bought $1000 worth of hockey equipment, how does that benefit U.S. workers and companies? It doesn't. Additionally, if I come back here and sell it for $1000, as you suggest, how does that benefit U.S. workers and companies? It doesn't. What it does do is benefit me, and only me. I get $1000 or Canadian hockey equipment. My choice.

And this is my point. This is how the TP movement is operating. The members want changes that benefit them as a person, with ZERO interest in how it affects the country or society as a whole. As an example, TPers want smaller government so they can pay less in taxes. They don't care at all about the fact that in order for this to happen, hundreds of thousands of people need to be laid off. Military included. How would that size of job loss affect the economy and the country? The TPers have no answer for that.

It doesn't matter because now you have $1,000 worth of hockey equipment that is valued at $1,000 dollars.

Hell, you could turn around and sell it for $1,200..

Why does it matter if you have $1,000 dollars in cash or $1,000 in hockey equipment if thats what you wanted??

Via accounting practice both would be considered monetarily the same...

You driving up to buy that equipment helps the economy that trip cost you gas money no?? maybe you buy a few snacks on the way snickers and some lays chips??? well guess what?? you just created jobs for gas station attendants and demand for more snickers and lays chips and demand for those who transport those products, and those who package them, bag them and make them...

You see how that works???

So you believe that buying $100 of gas and $5 worth of chips at an American gas station and $1000 worth of Canadian hockey equipment stimulates the economy EXACTLY the same as buying $100 of gas and $5 worth of chips at an American gas station and $1000 worth of American hockey equipment? That's what you believe?

I really wish schools would teach macroeconomics.

Yes because your $1,000 dollars has never changed - it still exists - just only in hockey equipment which if you really wanted to could sell for $1,000 bucks.

You paid $1,000 for items that are worth $1,000 hence nothing changed.. You get $1,000 bucks worth of assets and the person that gave them to you now has cash he can use to do whatever he wants with...

Besides as a hockey fan and hockey player most hockey equipment is manufactured in the US.. While we're on the topic lets not forget how much we export to Canada and how little they export to us (besides oil) just for sake of argument..

It doesn't matter because now you have $1,000 worth of hockey equipment that is valued at $1,000 dollars.

Hell, you could turn around and sell it for $1,200..

Why does it matter if you have $1,000 dollars in cash or $1,000 in hockey equipment if thats what you wanted??

Via accounting practice both would be considered monetarily the same...

You driving up to buy that equipment helps the economy that trip cost you gas money no?? maybe you buy a few snacks on the way snickers and some lays chips??? well guess what?? you just created jobs for gas station attendants and demand for more snickers and lays chips and demand for those who transport those products, and those who package them, bag them and make them...

You see how that works???

So you believe that buying $100 of gas and $5 worth of chips at an American gas station and $1000 worth of Canadian hockey equipment stimulates the economy EXACTLY the same as buying $100 of gas and $5 worth of chips at an American gas station and $1000 worth of American hockey equipment? That's what you believe?

Yes because your $1,000 dollars has never changed - it still exists - just only in hockey equipment which if you really wanted to could sell for $1,000 bucks.

You paid $1,000 for items that are worth $1,000 hence nothing changed.. You get $1,000 bucks worth of assets and the person that gave them to you now has cash he can use to do whatever he wants with...

And there we go. A perfect example of why I prefer OWS over the TP.

It's not my fault you don't understand economics, besides nothing I said has anything to do with Wall Street unless you're using them for money...

The fact is that if you charged $1,000 worth of hockey equipment and defaulted - you just fucked the economy...

Why?? because $1,000 is worth more than $99 and that's exactly what you would pay to get out of bankruptcy...

But yeah, you go ahead and support the chimps that spread diseases... I'm sure they're idiots that know nothing but at least they will be sympathetic to your needs regardless if they're logical or not..

It's not my fault you don't understand economics, besides nothing I said has anything to do with Wall Street unless you're using them for money...

The fact is that if you charged $1,000 worth of hockey equipment and defaulted - you just fucked the economy...

Why?? because $1,000 is worth more than $99 and that's exactly what you would pay to get out of bankruptcy...

But yeah, you go ahead and support the chimps that spread diseases... I'm sure they're idiots that know nothing but at least they will be sympathetic to your needs regardless if they're logical or not..

And you do? You don't understand the difference between micro- and macro-. You're talking about something that benefits you personally, and then magically claiming it benefits the country as a whole. You're claiming that buying Canadian goods is good for American businesses!

I would ask where you got your degree and what you specialized in, but I don't think I want to know!

And you do? You don't understand the difference between micro- and macro-. You're talking about something that benefits you personally, and then magically claiming it benefits the country as a whole. You're claiming that buying Canadian goods is good for American businesses!

I would ask where you got your degree and what you specialized in, but I don't think I want to know!

Do you know what the fuck an asset is???

How the fuck do you accumulate assets??? I don't give a fuck what type of asset you choose, plant, fixed - it really doesn't matter.

If you're right an I'm wrong we would use cash ONLY as a means to determine ones wealth but we don't do we??

Don't even try to tell me about macro and micro - who the fuck do you think you're talking to???

Macro is global and micro is communal..

I favor microeconomics if you didn't figure via my aforementioned posts...

I'm Austrian School - that doesn't necessarily mean I have to favor macroeconomics.. You may as well confuse a classical liberal with a progressive liberal if you are willing to not understand that.....

I suppose that's why I don't like idiots...

Last edited:

How the fuck do you accumulate assets??? I don't give a fuck what type of asset you choose, plant, fixed - it really doesn't matter.

If you're right an I'm wrong we would use cash ONLY as a means to determine ones wealth but we don't do we??

Don't even try to tell me about macro and micro - who the fuck do you think you're talking to???

I'm Austrian School - that doesn't necessarily mean I have to favor macroeconomics.. You may as well confuse a classical liberal with a progressive liberal if you are willing to not understand that.....

heh heh all about you all the time.

:clap2:

heh heh all about you all the time.

:clap2:

You think I enjoy teaching people about accounting or even economy??

Shit gives me a headache... However right is right and wrong is wrong...

It's not my fault growing up I had to read bookkeeping made simple, then accounting made simple and then decided to learn economics out of interest...

Now, I'm no economist however I'm not a layman ether.... However I do know what an asset is...

Asset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like the Tea Party has edged OWS out here at USMB. Very close though. Thanks all for participating.

Forum List

Back