Tea Party Opponents Of Muslim Cemetery Claim Islam Is Not A Religion

How crap Sunni man you seem to rail against stereotyping yet don't mind stereotyping the Tea Party.

The TP'ers are scared of dead Muslims too?

The 1st Amendment stipulates that the government cannot prohibit the free exercise of religion. Building a cemetery fits within that definition. If the property is zoned to allow a cemetery then the religion of those being buried there should be of no concern at all.

BS, not that I care, but a cemetery falls under Zoning laws it is not an exercise of religion.

Your grasp of the 1st Amendment is tenuous at best.

In the city where I live the local muslim community had purchased the land and obtained all of the legal permits to build a new mosque.

Half way thru it's construction a radical Jewish group filed a law suit to halt the mosque's construction. All work on the mosque was stopped and in legal limbo for 3 years as the suit dragged thru the courts. The jewish hate group spent 3 million dollars in legal expenses fighting the building of the mosque

Finally, a higher court judged the suit to be totally frivolous and threw the case out of court. And the mosque work resumed and 2 years it was opened for worshippers. ..... :thup:

These people in Murfreesboro have been trying for years to thwart any effort of this center this to expand. The site had been vandalized and targeted by arsonists in the past. These people are acting hysterically and should be ashamed of themselves. The Beckett Fund has offered support their support for the center a well.

This story is terrible but it has nothing to do with the Tea Party.

Maybe the KKK should go in and try to open a cemetery next to the mosque

See how that flies

sheesh:dunno:

How crap Sunni man you seem to rail against stereotyping yet don't mind stereotyping the Tea Party.
Actually, I was an early supporter of the Tea Party when it was about taxes and holding the government responsible for it's unfettered spending and other out of control economic issues.

But later the Tea Party became associated with various fringe social issues and lost sight of why the group was originally organized........."Taxes"!!

The 1st Amendment stipulates that the government cannot prohibit the free exercise of religion. Building a cemetery fits within that definition. If the property is zoned to allow a cemetery then the religion of those being buried there should be of no concern at all.

BS, not that I care, but a cemetery falls under Zoning laws it is not an exercise of religion.

Spoken like a true liberal. You know so much that isn't so. Check any zoning ordnance you so want and cemeteries are regulated. I suggest it is you and your ilk that are injecting, once again, religion into the discussion where it does not belong. Can you bury Grandma in your back yard?

Spoken like a true liberal. You know so much that isn't so. Check any zoning ordnance you so want and cemeteries are regulated. I suggest it is you and your ilk that are injecting, once again, religion into the discussion where it does not belong. Can you bury Grandma in your back yard?

What is the name of this thread?

Why are the idiots in the OP claiming that Islam is not a religion?

Trying to pretend that this is not about religion just means that you are drowning in denial.

This story tells a lot about the Muslims in this country.

Sunni Man, to whom I agree with a lot of the time, assigns, in correctly this story to the Tea Party, that is what closed minded liberals do, I am surprised that Sunni Man would do it.

Second, there are lots of cemeteries in the world, but apparently the Muslims don't want to be buried with the infidels. Again division over religion and the left supports it, I assume because they think it makes them seem open minded. But we all know why they support things like this, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thirdly it shows that the liberals have no idea of zoning or how things like cemeteries are regulated. I don't know if there is even a zoning issue in this story. Don't really care that much it just is interesting when the left shows how much they know that isn't so.

Trying to pretend that this is not about religion just means that you are drowning in denial.

Churches and Cemeteries are all regulated under Zoning ordinances you are ignorant if you don't know that. What that means is that Churches and cemeteries can be built where they are allowed by code without opposition. If they want to be built anywhere else then there is a process to grant exceptions in which the people of the community get a say. Maybe these people just don't want a cemetery next to their property, that is not a religious issue.

I am not even sure they have zoning in this situation, if not then the people can go to meetings and protest the building of the cemetery, IT IS THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT. So what if their opposition is just based on it being a Muslim cemetery? Why do you inject religion into the issue? The Issue isn't religion it is zoning and the law regardless of intent. The Muslims want it for religious reason and I assume you think that is their right. Well why isn't opposition because of religious beliefs the same right?

Churches and Cemeteries are all regulated under Zoning ordinances you are ignorant if you don't know that. What that means is that Churches and cemeteries can be built where they are allowed by code without opposition. If they want to be built anywhere else then there is a process to grant exceptions in which the people of the community get a say. Maybe these people just don't want a cemetery next to their property, that is not a religious issue.

I am not even sure they have zoning in this situation, if not then the people can go to meetings and protest the building of the cemetery, IT IS THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT. So what if their opposition is just based on it being a Muslim cemetery? Why do you inject religion into the issue? The Issue isn't religion it is zoning and the law regardless of intent. The Muslims want it for religious reason and I assume you think that is their right. Well why isn't opposition because of religious beliefs the same right?

The Muslims want it for religious reason and I assume you think that is their right. Well why isn't opposition because of religious beliefs the same right?

Thank you for admitting that you are utterly clueless when it comes to religious rights protected by the 1st amendment. Do you even know what it says? Of course you don't or you wouldn't have asked such an ignorant question.

The government, including local government in this instance, cannot discriminate based upon religion therefore it cannot prohibit a cemetery in an area zoned for a cemetery based upon the religion of those who are applying for it. This would also be a violation of the free exercise of religion too.

The TP opponents are making the specious allegation that Islam is "not a religion" which is utterly bogus but it exposes their desperation.

where does it say they are the tea party?
Everyone knows that all Tea Party members are White Christian terrorist fanatics.
They are Christian fanatics for sure. They do not represent all Christians. But when a Muslim does something, apparently that person represents all Muslims.
:eusa_clap:

It would be very difficult to have demonstrated prejudice as easily had you been an intelligent poster.

Thanks,

ah, you had to dig for that one

tsk tsk and so what?

People have to right to contest what's being BUILT in their towns, next to them, etc

just because it's Muslim they aren't automatically given free REIN

Maybe someone will come and open a pig farm next to you where you live
I think we should protest the building of christian cemetarys under the theory that christianity isn't a religion. Fun times!

The locals are trying to prevent growth of the Muslim population. Right or wrong, everyone knows what happens when Muslims outnumber their neighbors. It's inevitable. As their numbers grow the violence gets worse and eventually they're telling them to convert, pay a tax, leave, or die.

right of wrong with this kind of stuff you can see where they're trying TO FORCE themselves on this town.. so how dare the people who lives there say something.
much to do about nothing really it's this towns business
DAMN THOSE Muslims for wanting to live in that town and have a place to bury their dead! Where the heck do they think they are?!

where does it say they are the tea party?
Everyone knows that all Tea Party members are White Christian terrorist fanatics.
They are Christian fanatics for sure. They do not represent all Christians. But when a Muslim does something, apparently that person represents all Muslims.
No, but when your population is growing in any area, and 10% of your population on average is religious fanatics, well, let's just say it becomes a growing threat to everyone around them. The moderates can't control the fanatics, and haven't the will to try when it gets out of control. The nutjobs are just as much a threat to other Muslims as they are to Christians, Jews, and Atheists.

Last edited:
Tempers flared at the local court house in a confrontation between anti-Islamic activists and proponents of a plan to build an Islamic cemetery adjacent to a mosque in Murfreesboro, TN.

The anti-muslim group claim that Islam is not a religion and therefore should not be allowed to zone a piece of mosque owned property as a cemetery.

Shows how feeble their objections and arguements are if they resort to trying to say Islam isn't a religion.

"Islam isn't a religion." was tried back when they were protesting the mosuqe being constructed. Justice Dept reply to the mayor or somebody doing it was in effect "Shut that stupid little hole under your nose."

Forum List

Back