Tea Party nut case from Oregon

Were I in the green room listening to the first 30 seconds of her speil, I would be throwing a fit too.

Art Robinson would like to abolish public education in America. This is of particular interest as he is in the business of selling home-schooling kits. Therefore, abolishing public schools is, as a marketing ploy, logical -- even brilliant. However, as public policy... not so much.

Do parents really want their children's education options to be limited to private schools or the Robinson curriculum? Said curriculum includes a heavy reliance on the books of G. A. Henty, a 19th century racist British imperialist who cranked out 99 'historical" novels, all of which Art Robinson gladly makes available for purchase by you for your little ones. (In addition, there are references to one R.J. Rushdoony who believed that the sun rotates around the Earth, that the Holocaust never happened, and that slavery should be reinstated. He also advocated stoning to death adulterers, unmarried women who have sex, and homosexuals.)

Robinson denies global warming. His Petition Project collected 31,000 signatures of scientists who also deny human-caused global warming. Robinson later admitted that few of the signers actually worked in areas related to atmospheric studies.

Oh, and in his 2004 'Access to Energy" newsletter, Robinson recommended that hazardous materials, including nuclear waste, be disposed of in -- wait for it -- the ocean.

Know who pours the Kool-Aid

Oregon has more than it's share of nut cases, no doubt, especially Portland. Neat city, but very strange place.

Art Robinson would like to abolish public education in America. This is of particular interest as he is in the business of selling home-schooling kits. Therefore, abolishing public schools is, as a marketing ploy, logical -- even brilliant. However, as public policy... not so much.

Well, it's not like public education system in this country is actually educating anyone, so I'm open to other options.

So, every two years the Republicans have to find a candidate to run against our hero. Usually, it's a solid businessman like Jim Feldkamp, but this year, the Republicans are pushing a far right-wing named Art Robinson. This guy is so far out there that he's scary.

Here are a couple of actual Art Robinson quotes:

1. “Public education has become the most widespread and devastating form of child abuse.” “Can this education problem be corrected? Yes. Can it be corrected by improving the public schools? No ... only by abolishing them!”

2. “While ocean disposal would have long ago turned the radioactive waste disposal issue into a non-problem, the best place for that waste is in the concrete foundations and insulation of our homes.”

A plea for common sense | The News-Review - NRtoday.com

Oregon has more than it's share of nut cases, no doubt, especially Portland. Neat city, but very strange place.

Old Rocks and I are both from Portland.

And Alli Baba is from Sherman county (IIRC)

So when you are talking weird, you are only talking about Rocky, right?

DeFazio is one of those nut cases...Catch the 1-minute speeches on C-Span some time...You'd swear that he might need a series of rabies shots when you hear him rant-n-rave.

Laverne?
No, not that one....This freak:

080922_peter_defazio.jpg

Not everyone should be lifted up. People who think slavery was an innocent idea or that we should spread nuclear waste across America or that HIV/AIDS doesn't exist shouldn't be lifted up. They should be exposed and relegated to the dumpster where they belong.

Last edited:
Oregon is one the weirdest states I ever visited. I should know since I own property there by something called "gold beach". That place is full of nutcases from both sides of the political fence.

Forum List

Back