Tea Party Movement Becoming the "Vote Our Way or We Shoot You" Party?

Weather you beleive me or not, I don't care, I have been an active member of my local tea party, since last Feburary. We are made up of Republicans, Independents and conservative democrats. The one thing we all have in common is the sky-rocketing deficit that we will be passing on to our children and grand-children. The debt is un-sustainable.

For your information- about the mortgage crisis meltdown. This is what happens with government regulation and intervention. It is Business's goal to stay in business to grow and prosper. Anytime the government gets their greedy little sticky fingers into the mix, it royally screws up everything and anything. This is why we are in staunch oppostion to a government take-over of 6% of our economy in health care.

Free Money Finance: How the Subprime Lending Meltdown Happened

You can try to blame regulation for the meltdown but you would be wrong. I have had discussions with analysts, and people who were in the thick of the meltdown. A lot of what was wrong was the lack of regulation since it had been taken off beginning with Reagan, going through Clinton, and Dubya.

If you think the meltdown was bad, if there were no regulations in the first place then it would of been far worse.

As for the debt being un-sustainable, according to whom? Just about every nation has become a nation of debt and will continue to be in the long run. Everyone seems to owe money to someone else. You want to talk about problems? How about a $1 trillion dollar year military budget and yet for the longest time we could not get our soldiers out there in the battlefield body armor?

As much as you would like to blame Government regulation, in reality it's the lack of regulation, the lack of pinpointing where our problems are, and the lack of people taking responsibility which is our problems.

As much as you and your merry band of tea party people in some cases may think the solution is the barrel of a gun, you would be wrong. You want change? Stop supporting the same assholes.

And while you may feel you are supporting "independent thinkers", you are not. All you're supporting is fresh faces with old and tried ideas.

Oh you have talked to an analyst:lol::lol::lol:Obviously an analyst who does not know anything. Banks are not going to loan money to people that can not show a solid means of paying it back. They won't be in business long if they do that. You are not going to loan large amounts of money to someone you think can't pay you back. You will be in the poor house if you do. My point is, that it was regulation and good intentions on the part of the government that forced banks into a situation that they themselves would not have chosen.

I had the opportunity to meet a former executive from City Bank, he was about 90 when I met him. He was astonished at what had transpired with the mortgage crisis and told me that when he was there, mortgage loans were the most SECURE investment that anyone could make. This was before the fair housing act and the community reinvestment act took place. What the government does not want to understand, because they think that it is unfair. There are many people who should NEVER be home owners and they should never have been from the get-go.

Now, credit is so tight, banks are not loaning money even with great income and great credit and an assurance that they will be paid back. They are scared to death to do what they have always done, finance the private sector. That's why Obama is out there giving them hell for not lightening up and loaning money.

Weather you beleive me or not, I don't care, I have been an active member of my local tea party, since last Feburary. We are made up of Republicans, Independents and conservative democrats. The one thing we all have in common is the sky-rocketing deficit that we will be passing on to our children and grand-children. The debt is un-sustainable.

For your information- about the mortgage crisis meltdown. This is what happens with government regulation and intervention. It is Business's goal to stay in business to grow and prosper. Anytime the government gets their greedy little sticky fingers into the mix, it royally screws up everything and anything. This is why we are in staunch oppostion to a government take-over of 6% of our economy in health care.

You can try to blame regulation for the meltdown but you would be wrong. I have had discussions with analysts, and people who were in the thick of the meltdown. A lot of what was wrong was the lack of regulation since it had been taken off beginning with Reagan, going through Clinton, and Dubya.

If you think the meltdown was bad, if there were no regulations in the first place then it would of been far worse.

As for the debt being un-sustainable, according to whom? Just about every nation has become a nation of debt and will continue to be in the long run. Everyone seems to owe money to someone else. You want to talk about problems? How about a $1 trillion dollar year military budget and yet for the longest time we could not get our soldiers out there in the battlefield body armor?

As much as you would like to blame Government regulation, in reality it's the lack of regulation, the lack of pinpointing where our problems are, and the lack of people taking responsibility which is our problems.

As much as you and your merry band of tea party people in some cases may think the solution is the barrel of a gun, you would be wrong. You want change? Stop supporting the same assholes.

And while you may feel you are supporting "independent thinkers", you are not. All you're supporting is fresh faces with old and tried ideas.

Unsustainable debt??? According to whom??? How about the CBO- The( Congressional Budget Office) a non-partisan group of number crunchers. Is that good enough for you??

CBO predicts unsustainable deficits under Obama | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s budget would generate unsustainably large deficits averaging almost $1 trillion a year over the next decade, according to new estimates released Friday.

click image to enlargeObama

Select images available for purchase in the
Times Leader Photo StoreThe new Congressional Budget Office figures predict Obama’s budget will produce $9.3 trillion worth of red ink over 2010-2019. That’s $2.3 trillion worse than the administration predicted in its budget just last month.

Worst of all, CBO says the deficit under Obama’s policies would never go below 4 percent of the size of the economy, figures that economists agree are unsustainable. By the end of the decade, the deficit would exceed 5 percent of gross domestic product, a dangerously high level.

The latest figures throw a major monkey wrench into efforts to enact Obama’s budget, which promises universal health care for all and higher spending for domestic programs like education and research into renewable energy.

And you wonder why the Tea Party's. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Last edited:
Tea Party Becomes the 'Vote Our Way or We Shoot You' Party | PEEK | AlterNet

On-Point Host, Tom Ashbrook: Joining us from Royal Oak, Michigan, is Jeffrey McQueen, founder of USRevolution2.com, which has created a modified American flag to serve as a symbol for the Tea Party movement. He has been protesting government involvement in the auto industry at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week.

Ashbrook: if the Tea Party works out for you, to your vision, what will we see in ten years?

McQueen: Well I hope across America no politician will travel this country without seeing this flag so they're reminded of who they work for.

Ashbrook: How about the American flag? That's not good enough? You know, the stars and stripes?

McQueen: This flag has never been meant to replace the national flag. This flag has a specific purpose and it's time has come. To show the politicians and the media that we're ready for a second American revolution. And with that, you know, in America we have a choice of four boxes for political change. We can go to the soap box, the ballot box, or we can go to the jury box. And hopefully we won't have to go to the bullet box.

Ashbrook: Bullet box? Are you talking about armed revolution?

McQueen: Have you seen the ammunition sales the last twelve months?

Catherine Crabill, a Republican nominee for Virginia House of Delegates: We have a chance to fight this battle at the ballot box before we have to resort to the bullet box. I am glad for all of us who enjoy the use of firearms for hunting, but make no mistake, that was not the intent of the Founding Fathers. Our second amendment right was to guard against tyranny.

Thoughts? :eusa_eh:

:lol::lol: Guns & Ammunition sales went up immediately after Obama was elected--& prior to the tea party movement. Why? Americans were scared to death that Obama & Eric Holder were going to ban them.

It had nothing to do with the tea party movement & BTW--who in the hell are McQueen & Cabrill? I don't know these people & I am a tea party American. The tea party movement has not elected them President & Vice-President--so they don't speak for us.

You liberals can sure come up with a load of crap. You find a couple of wacco's out of millions of Americans that "say" they're tea--partiers--then print this garbage--only in an effort to discredit the entire tea party movement. Hey--we can do the same with you liberals--LOL.

Last edited:

Just that one thing that you say there Dogbert leads me to believe that that term "As for debt being unsustainable according to whom?" that this country will be in the shitter if that is the prevailing attitude that people have, which many do. Debt beyond the means to repay is always unsustainable for a nation, a business enterprise or a private. I believe this attitude is a real problem we face today with people in this nation in general. Even my own children do not understand the gravity of having so much debt hanging over their heads.

People can't have debt which is more than is made in any given year and sustain any decent sort of living standards.

Example; We gave our daughter a house. Literally gave it to her free and clear. I wanted her and the boys to be insured they had a place to live regardless of what else may come. She was free to live in that house or rent it out and use the rent money to pay for another place she wanted to be. She opted for renting the house for several years. She also remarried an they bought another house closer to where he worked in the country. The finance company Countrywide loaned them 115% of the cost of the home (that would have been unheard of thirty years ago). The extra 15% was supposed to go toward updates such as new flooring and a few minor repairs. This older home that they purchased was five times the cost of the home she already owned free and clear. The payments were over half of her new husband's paycheck each and every month (he is a factory worker, when he is seventy the house still won't be paid for even if every payment was made on time). Do you think that they would be able to sustain that kind of debt for ten years along with the rising cost of everything else? The answer is no. She decided to sell the house we gave her for cash. She also decided to spend that money verses pay down her mortgage on the home they live in. They bought tv's, stereos, new bed covers, curtains, another used car. etc... It is now five years later. She works six days a week (with exception of recently being ill), he still works six days a week and they are behind on those house payments two months and she goes in for surgery in a few days so she will not be able to catch up those missed payments in the very near future. She did not learn these practices from us. We paid for the house first thing and then spent ten years paying for whatever we wanted in the house. It was not done on borrowed money. Eventually after years of patching up the old cars and pickups we even bought a new car and then a new pickup but even then paid for them asap and only purchased what we knew beyond a doubt we could pay for. (The current crisis experts all and such claiming so many reasons why the meltdown while pushing a line to enhance their positions have not mentioned those 100% and 115% loans to many home buyers. Plus I have not read much that goes into the government back guarantees on so many of these bad loans that are eventually paid for by our tax dollars while all this wealth stripping has gone down. A scam and a half and the people who put there money/retirement funds and trust into the hands of bankers and our government screwed over royal)

When people decide to go into debt themselves to that extreme they are nothing more than slaves working to pay the interest payments. That is the same thing for a nation that is indebted as badly as this nation is now. I for one do not care to be in debt for the bankers, corporates and politicians can treat themselves so much better than the people that they represent. What is happening and has been happening for years now as these politicians tax the people into oblivion is a fraud and a sham on the American public while sucking the life out of the country.

Granted we need new faces in Washington but old standards need to be applied. Do not borrow and go into debt unless it is an absolute necessity. Do not purchase something more than what you can afford. When you are spending someone else's dollar you don't waste it or give it away to corrupt entities. Do not expect your neighbor to bail you out and pay for your luxury items when you hit bottom because you did not manage what you had properly. Do not expect the American public to pay for corporate bailouts and goodies for the good ole boy system of pay ya' back with pork so the people can suffer at the hands of tyrants.

I do not need a gun, nor do I need to be violent in any manner but obviously it appears that there are people willing to take up arms if that is what it takes to take their country back from the frauds and thugs that have taken it over. I do hope that it does not come to that but that should be a tell tell sign when you hear such things that something is about to break and the current leadership is lacking the ability to grasp the seriousness of the situation. "Hopey, changey" sounded real good but talk with no viable action and more out of control spending is not acceptable as is evidence by the tidal wave of disenchanted people that are coming out of the woodwork to fight the corrupt who have control over this nation. Funny many family members even voted for that "hopey, change" line, boy did they get a surprise and it's not been a good one for them.

Just that one thing that you say there Dogbert leads me to believe that that term "As for debt being unsustainable according to whom?" that this country will be in the shitter if that is the prevailing attitude that people have, which many do. Debt beyond the means to repay is always unsustainable for a nation, a business enterprise or a private. I believe this attitude is a real problem we face today with people in this nation in general. Even my own children do not understand the gravity of having so much debt hanging over their heads.

For the record, since I'm half asleep I'll address the rest later hopefully but I wanted to clarify something. When I said "as for debt being unsustainable according to whom" I knew things were and are bad. What I'm saying is that at this point that pretty much every country excluding China who is cooking the books is falling into massive amounts of debt.

We need to dig ourselves out of that hole, but in terms of being unsustainable, we're in better condition than more than a few countries.

The Federal Government is not doing anything unconstitutional. Just because your side was voted out by "We the people" does not make it unconstitutional

Just about everything the Feds do is unconstitutional and "my side" wasn't voted out. It was never there to begin with.

Hi Folks:

Alan Colmes had me on his show this week and gave me a chance to clarify the hopefully, we won't have to use the Bullet Box, statement. After being an eye witness to Scott Brown's Victory Rally in Boston, I am confident we can win this Second American Revolution with the "Ballot Box," I told Alan.

The real story is the number of union members and Democrats, who crossed over to vote for Scott, and the number of patriotic union members and Democrats who are joining us nationwide. Clearly, a lot of Democrats have suffered severe buyer's remorse voting for Obama, and couldn't wait to show the nation from Boston.

Brown did not win a seat formerly held by the Mouse of the House! He won the seat formerly held by the Lion of the Senate! The People's Seat!

I told the Boston Herald Obama should have stayed home and Al Gore should have been sent to Boston, since this election was real proof of Climate Change, without fixing the data!

The Second American Revolution has begun and we have already won battles in Virginia, New Jersey and now in Massachusetts!

Our Founding Father's would be horrified to see Americans lined up with two opposing political parties. Do you think they risked their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to have their country split in two?! Why create a country and then split it in half?! They distrusted political parties tremendously. It is time to drop the team "D" and team "R" stupidity, and start thinking like Americans (the only real team of the People, for the People and by the People!) The first question we should ask when seeing legislation from either team is : Is it constitutional? The Second should be: What would our Founding Fathers do? The rest should be easy . . . .

The Tea Party movement isn't a movement that likes to divide the American people . . . it unifies us!

Put away your ammunition, and get your voter's registration cards ready . . . the Fall elections are not far away! Capitalism is under assault, and it is your duty to defend it!

God bless you, your families and God Bless America!

Jeff McQueen
Founder
USRevolution2 (dot com)

Last edited:
Tea Party Movement Becoming the "Vote Our Way or We Shoot You" Party?

And the progressive movement becoming "vote our way or we will smear you and refer to you as the people of no"

Forum List

Back