Tea Party Movement Becoming the "Vote Our Way or We Shoot You" Party?

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/polit...mes_the_'vote_our_way_or_we_shoot_you'_party/

On-Point Host, Tom Ashbrook: Joining us from Royal Oak, Michigan, is Jeffrey McQueen, founder of USRevolution2.com, which has created a modified American flag to serve as a symbol for the Tea Party movement. He has been protesting government involvement in the auto industry at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week.

Ashbrook: if the Tea Party works out for you, to your vision, what will we see in ten years?

McQueen: Well I hope across America no politician will travel this country without seeing this flag so they're reminded of who they work for.

Ashbrook: How about the American flag? That's not good enough? You know, the stars and stripes?

McQueen: This flag has never been meant to replace the national flag. This flag has a specific purpose and it's time has come. To show the politicians and the media that we're ready for a second American revolution. And with that, you know, in America we have a choice of four boxes for political change. We can go to the soap box, the ballot box, or we can go to the jury box. And hopefully we won't have to go to the bullet box.

Ashbrook: Bullet box? Are you talking about armed revolution?

McQueen: Have you seen the ammunition sales the last twelve months?

Catherine Crabill, a Republican nominee for Virginia House of Delegates: We have a chance to fight this battle at the ballot box before we have to resort to the bullet box. I am glad for all of us who enjoy the use of firearms for hunting, but make no mistake, that was not the intent of the Founding Fathers. Our second amendment right was to guard against tyranny.

Thoughts? :eusa_eh:

Tea Party Becomes the 'Vote Our Way or We Shoot You' Party | PEEK | AlterNet

On-Point Host, Tom Ashbrook: Joining us from Royal Oak, Michigan, is Jeffrey McQueen, founder of USRevolution2.com, which has created a modified American flag to serve as a symbol for the Tea Party movement. He has been protesting government involvement in the auto industry at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week.

Ashbrook: if the Tea Party works out for you, to your vision, what will we see in ten years?

McQueen: Well I hope across America no politician will travel this country without seeing this flag so they're reminded of who they work for.

Ashbrook: How about the American flag? That's not good enough? You know, the stars and stripes?

McQueen: This flag has never been meant to replace the national flag. This flag has a specific purpose and it's time has come. To show the politicians and the media that we're ready for a second American revolution. And with that, you know, in America we have a choice of four boxes for political change. We can go to the soap box, the ballot box, or we can go to the jury box. And hopefully we won't have to go to the bullet box.

Catherine Crabill, a Republican nominee for Virginia House of Delegates: We have a chance to fight this battle at the ballot box before we have to resort to the bullet box. I am glad for all of us who enjoy the use of firearms for hunting, but make no mistake, that was not the intent of the Founding Fathers. Our second amendment right was to guard against tyranny.

People like that would be the first to piss their pants if the bullets really started flying.

That is why we have the right to bear arms, after all.

So when a group of people don't like the election results they can overthrow the Government using force when everyone else voted otherwise? :eusa_eh:

I didn't see "shooting shit up when things didn't go our way for our party" in the Constitution anywhere. Did I miss that line? :eusa_eh:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol: Well, what do you think happened with the 1st tea party, that took place in Massachusetts of all places and it started the Revoluntionary War. It's called no taxation without representation and there are a whole lot of people out in the real country who do not feel they have been represented but rather ignored.

If you want to see something very funny, watch the Ray Steven video and his new health care song, it's hysterical.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol: Well, what do you think happened with the 1st tea party, that took place in Massachusetts of all places and it started the Revoluntionary War. It's called no taxation without representation and there are a whole lot of people out in the real country who do not feel they have been represented but rather ignored.

If you want to see something very funny, watch the Ray Steven video and his new health care song, it's hysterical.

Except you have representation. And people who live in a state that is a majority of Liberals or Conservatives and they are the other are going to be outvoted. If they don't like that, they can move.

However, there is no reason for armed revolution. The fact that a number of people are willing to pick up their guns and start shooting just because they lost the last election is a cause for concern.

Tell me Maple, what rights of yours have been restricted since Barack Obama took office?

Seems to me that Dogbert is becoming the intelligent sounding version of Truthmatters. *shrug*

Seems to me that Dogbert is becoming the intelligent sounding version of Truthmatters. *shrug*

I posed a question, and gave two examples of people who are willing to admit publicly they have the bullet boxes ready. They aren't the first two by far. And people like Maple seem to support such words.

So it's a fair question when people say "Well you can vote however you want but if we don't like it, we got the bullet boxes ready."

I would be posting the same thing if some stupid group called for a armed revolution against the Bush Administration and to overthrow this Government. There's a difference between picking up your ball and going home and picking up your ball, going home, and coming back with a AK-47.

Except you have representation. And people who live in a state that is a majority of Liberals or Conservatives and they are the other are going to be outvoted. If they don't like that, they can move.

However, there is no reason for armed revolution. The fact that a number of people are willing to pick up their guns and start shooting just because they lost the last election is a cause for concern.

Tell me Maple, what rights of yours have been restricted since Barack Obama took office?

absolutely none if you live in Nebraska, Nevada, or Massachussets or Fla.. :lol::lol:

Ridiculous. I do not a gun. I lean more towards conservative values. The problem lies within both parties when you have a bunch of sold out, bought off dinks in charge who could care less about the people they are supposed to be representing. Their is not one better than the other at this point. They have all sold the American public a line of crap in the best interest of whatever special interest got to them first or gave them the most. You cannot give the country away to the rich and affluent, let them trample the masses under foot and expect people to remain fully civil about it, it won't happen.

Oh dear...another person who fell asleep during American History class. :lol::lol::lol:

Ridiculous. I do not a gun. I lean more towards conservative values. The problem lies within both parties when you have a bunch of sold out, bought off dinks in charge who could care less about the people they are supposed to be representing. Their is not one better than the other at this point. They have all sold the American public a line of crap in the best interest of whatever special interest got to them first or gave them the most. You cannot give the country away to the rich and affluent, let them trample the masses under foot and expect people to remain fully civil about it, it won't happen.

Why in that case does every single tea party protest seem to be against Democrats with Republican Representatives and Senators present? Then you have people like DeMint saying that the Tea Party Movement and the GOP are no different from one another. And I see no real backlash by the tea party movement to say "Hey, wait a minute, we're not apart of your group."

I can understand people being fed up with those in power. Hell, I recently read something about all the Senators having secret chambers now (or new offices really) and just shook my head because I wasn't surprised yet still disgusted. However, I don't see taking up arms as the solution as some people do. Nor do I see the problems on both sides being addressed, rather just one side being attacked.

Why in that case does every single tea party protest seem to be against Democrats with Republican Representatives and Senators present? Then you have people like DeMint saying that the Tea Party Movement and the GOP are no different from one another. And I see no real backlash by the tea party movement to say "Hey, wait a minute, we're not apart of your group."

I can understand people being fed up with those in power. Hell, I recently read something about all the Senators having secret chambers now (or new offices really) and just shook my head because I wasn't surprised yet still disgusted. However, I don't see taking up arms as the solution as some people do. Nor do I see the problems on both sides being addressed, rather just one side being attacked.

Pretty simple Democrats do have the control at this very moment and have had since January 2009.

If you jump on the horse that is out of control and say you are going to get it under control that is exactly what is expected from you.

Pretty simple Democrats do have the control at this very moment and have had since January 2009.

If you jump on the horse that is out of control and say you are going to get it under control that is exactly what is expected from you.

The Democrats have control on paper only. They truly have been able to get nothing done.

But I think it's just wise to say "hold on, wait a minute" before everyone says we need to put the Republicans back in charge. People truly do have a short memory span if they don't recall what a Republican Congress meant for six years.

They are a bunch of anti American, Timothy Mcveigh wannabe nuts who should be watched closely and when they do step over the line and break the law should be dealt with quickly and harshly.

They are a bunch of anti American, Timothy Mcveigh wannabe nuts who should be watched closely and when they do step over the line and break the law should be dealt with quickly and harshly.

From my personal experience here at the local level, a lot of people who share my frustration are construction workers, pipeliners, truck drivers, heavy equipment operators, farm hands, small family farmers, small business owners, former factory workers, accountants, utility workers, linemen, grocery clerks and even some local bankers. My husband grew up with the majority of these people in the 1960's.

The majority of the people that I've mentioned above are not poor white trash looking to clobber somebody for failing to grant handouts. When you have no electricity and you can't type your bitch sessions on your computer because all he power lines are down, these are the men and women who are working out in the shit to restore your sorry ass on your computer. You pay a monthly fee to the utility company just like everybody else. Now stop and take the time to think; these same people working in the crap are without power too. Their water heaters, lights and telephones do not work either when it all goes down.

Now maybe it is fine and dandy for you through all this but for what the working class is facing even if they are fortunate enough that they still do have jobs is taxes that are out of control, food prices skyrocketing, some prick now taxes them on home state taxes when they work in another state so they can support their families and keep a home. People are sick and tired of the bureaucratic, political, washington dc mentality which is prevalent in every state in the nation.

While these guys and gals are out in the ice storm patching up your sorry ass electric service for you to spill crap about them over the Internet someone has to look out for their livestock at home so people in the plush offices can eat steak. These workers can raise it, they can build anything but they cannot afford to buy it or use it for themselves. The people working in the grocery store cannot afford adequate groceries either yet many people who work in the swanky insurance, bank and political offices expect all these people to kiss their asses and keep paying taxes so they can keep those cushy jobs at everyone else's expense. TIMES UP! No more ass kissing. The masses want to see a level playing field and they will get it. It's just a matter of time. You can think and say what you want to. That does not mean you know what you are talking about. Hell you may even be one of those idiots who called me a terrorist for refusing to be extorted by Wells Fargo so the CEO's can collect those taxpayer dollars from their fraudulent activities. Now that is a whole other story and a place you don't want to go.

From my personal experience here at the local level, a lot of people who share my frustration are construction workers, pipeliners, truck drivers, heavy equipment operators, farm hands, small family farmers, small business owners, former factory workers, accountants, utility workers, linemen, grocery clerks and even some local bankers. My husband grew up with the majority of these people in the 1960's.

The majority of the people that I've mentioned above are not poor white trash looking to clobber somebody for failing to grant handouts. When you have no electricity and you can't type your bitch sessions on your computer because all he power lines are down, these are the men and women who are working out in the shit to restore your sorry ass on your computer. You pay a monthly fee to the utility company just like everybody else. Now stop and take the time to think; these same people working in the crap are without power too. Their water heaters, lights and telephones do not work either when it all goes down.

Now maybe it is fine and dandy for you through all this but for what the working class is facing even if they are fortunate enough that they still do have jobs is taxes that are out of control, food prices skyrocketing, some prick now taxes them on home state taxes when they work in another state so they can support their families and keep a home. People are sick and tired of the bureaucratic, political, washington dc mentality which is prevalent in every state in the nation.

While these guys and gals are out in the ice storm patching up your sorry ass electric service for you to spill crap about them over the Internet someone has to look out for their livestock at home so people in the plush offices can eat steak. These workers can raise it, they can build anything but they cannot afford to buy it or use it for themselves. The people working in the grocery store cannot afford adequate groceries either yet many people who work in the swanky insurance, bank and political offices expect all these people to kiss their asses and keep paying taxes so they can keep those cushy jobs at everyone else's expense. TIMES UP! No more ass kissing. The masses want to see a level playing field and they will get it. It's just a matter of time. You can think and say what you want to. That does not mean you know what you are talking about. Hell you may even be one of those idiots who called me a terrorist for refusing to be extorted by Wells Fargo so the CEO's can collect those taxpayer dollars from their fraudulent activities. Now that is a whole other story and a place you don't want to go.

I am the working class, and trying to paint the teabaggers as friends of the working people after 8 years of Bush and the Republicans chipping away at workers rights without a peep from them is the height of ridiculousness.

02UAWMF_400.jpg

The fact that you think this is all about just the last election is why you don't understand what he's talking about.

Forum List

Back