Tea Party members--Libs. are trying to deceive you--ALWAYS read their LINKS.

You have a black majority population in this country--that no matter what Barack Obama does--they are going to vote for him again in 2012.

I believe he rode in with 95% of the black vote--and now it's down to 80%. For a race being in the worst unemployment group in this country--estimated at a whopping 16%--for adults--with black teenagers seeing a 46% unemployment rate--what does that tell you about the black community in this country?

A white President with these kind of unemployment numbers would be in hiding right now--because he/she would have absolutely NO SUPPORT--let alone an 80% approval rating--:cuckoo:

So this is why you don't see the same ratio of blacks as whites within the tea party movement--but it certainly doesn't suggest that the tea party is racist--because there are--in fact--blacks within the tea party movement.
That's a possible explaination for why blacks have dissproportianatlly low representation in the Tea Party. Obama's presidency has been a big emotional and spiritual boost for many blacks. Seeing a bunch of mostly white people carrying signs with slogans that are critical of Obama could be a turn off for blacks.

I don't agree that your statement that a white president "would be hiding" right now is sound. It's logical to assume that a white president wouldn't have 80% approval with blacks anytime. But so what.

There are blacks in the Tea Party movement....but they make up 12% of the population in the US...and I'd bet they make up less than 1% of the Tea Party. And I'm not saying that indicates or supports any notion that Tea Partiers are more racist than average.

I'm just trying to say this topic is rank with anger, racism, and foundationless assumption. It's always good to look at links....but it's intellectually repulsive to not view information because conservative media or liberal media puts it out, and I hope that's your message here.

This is a little old but it's still interesting...April....and I hear some conservatives don't trust PEW because of their ties to PBS and NPR...but O'Reilly vouches for PEW all the time.

Tea Party: Better Known, Less Popular - Pew Research Center

I should have clarified my comment:

A white President who had a "white" population group with a adult 16% unemployment rate and a 46% white teenage unemployment rate--would be in hiding right now--and not enjoying an 80% approval rating. That's the difference. While we all know that this 80% support from the black community is because we have a black President--at sometime they have got to start looking around at their own circumstances--and say--you know this isn't working.

Most blacks in this country used to be Republican--after Abe Lincoln--but Republicans lost their voting block during the great depression and switched over to democrats--and they have been there ever since. One would think that with all the black conservative politicians out there today--that blacks in this country would start listening to them--and looking for a change.
I don't think you've made any kind of case for your speculation that if the racial shoe was on the other foot...whites wouldn't support their first white president at 80%. Furthermore...why would you expect Obama's strongest demographic, blacks, to blame Obama for the way things are? The black folks I know don't think the systemic social disadvantages that many blacks have faced, and still face, started in January 2010.

I can't imagine why you'd expect blacks to look to black Republicans, over black Democrats...for change. They just got done seeing how Obama's promises of "yes we can" were met by Republicans with "even if we could, we wouldn't". Plus...look at all the GOP's negativity towards certain parts of the Civil Rights Amendment, and it's criticism of Affirmative Action. Even though I think everybody should consider thier situations without regard for the race of the candidates...it's unimaginable to me to expect blacks to jump ship to Republicans.

One other thing to think about. Blacks voting Democratic is nothing new.

The percentage of blacks who identify themselves as Democrats has remained steady for years, averaging around 82 percent now, according to the Joint Center, a black think tank based in the District of Columbia. But Democrats still have to worry. In 1994, 90 percent of black voters supported Democratic congressional candidates, according to election polling. In 1996, that number dropped to 82 percent.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/keyraces98/stories/keydem080398.htm

Last edited:
View attachment 14907

Fly like the wind little tea baggers..fly like the wind. :eusa_whistle:

He.He.He.--you just can't get help getting your ass kicked everytime you bring up racism within the tea party--can you?---:lol::lol::lol:

Meet some of the Tea Parties BLACK speakers.

Response to Olbermann: "People of color" at Tea Parties - YouTube

Oh they found one.

Oreo.

Cute.

Actually....food for thought

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQBEzaHTiY&feature=player_embedded]In Search Of: People Of Color - YouTube[/ame]

I have many more but this one is newer :D

Forum List

Back