Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military

Should US Marine Sgt. Gary Stein get disability benefits when he gets discharged?

• Total voters
It seems like you're not taking into account the majority of service members who are conservative and haven't started anti-Obama Facebook pages.

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. One you probably wouldn't have made if you'd ever served yourself.

Other people aren't the issue. Go back and see I revealed a few things about myself. No innocent mistake. You are making a fool of yourself here.

"...today's conservatives value ideology over nation."

I love it when liberals insist they didn't say what they said.

speaking of military members or conservatives or conservatives who are military members? you are joining who makes facebook pages with my comments on conservatives? I wasn't addressing other people making fb pages
gawd, get a grip.

and yes, in general today's conservatives value ideology over nation. I do not see an issue with this and any other statement.

Military
Coup

It might be our last hope.

This man has been in the military for about a decade. Where the fuck was he when another President was sending troops into battle without body armor? Did he start a blog about that?

gawd, politics before nation. The poisonous wing of conservative politics in America needs to be extinguished.

No one went into battle without what was STANDARD equipment at the time. Body armor was NOT standard equipment before Iraq. You got a flak jacket and that was it. Everyone got their flack jacket you retard.

Other people aren't the issue. Go back and see I revealed a few things about myself. No innocent mistake. You are making a fool of yourself here.

"...today's conservatives value ideology over nation."

I love it when liberals insist they didn't say what they said.

speaking of military members or conservatives or conservatives who are military members? you are joining who makes facebook pages with my comments on conservatives? I wasn't addressing other people making fb pages
gawd, get a grip.

and yes, in general today's conservatives value ideology over nation. I do not see an issue with this and any other statement.
Of course you don't. You're stupid.

The prohibition concerning political activities by armed forces members is a very gray area, and any soldier, sailor, marine or airman, who decides to get involved in political discussion should be very careful not to cross into that gray area. A member cannot, under any circumstances make derogatory statements about anyone in the chain of command, and that includes the President and the Secretary of Defense. A member must separate his political opinions from his military status.

This marine would have been free to express his political opinions in a venue that had no connection to the fact that he was a marine. He didn't do that, and is suffering the consequences of his own ignorance or arrogance.

Thats true, but saying a post on facebook constitutes political activity is a stretch.

I certainly haven't read all the comments this particular Marine made, but just stating that you won't follow an unlawful order isn't crossing any line. Now if he saying that everything Obama is ordering is unlawful, or if he is trying to use it to get out of a deployment, then he is full of shit.

Never heard these libs complaining about service members saying things against Bush, those guys were lauded as heros by these neo-marxist asswipes.

:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

In your delusional world where common sense and reality does not exist, "Tea Party Lunacy" fits perfectly. However, in the real world it does not.

OK, looking further into the matter...

It turns out the Marine in question was not in the Middle East, so was not involved in the war effort, and therefore was not committing treason. So I'll take that back.

However, it seems the gentleman in question is a recruitment representative here in the states. Which presents a whole different set of questions.

Be that as it may, the sergeant should certainly have not been encouraging his fellow soldiers to disobey direct orders, and should be removed from his recruiting position immediately. Certainly the military does not want a person such as this choosing and indoctrinating new recruits.

:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

In your delusional world where common sense and reality does not exist, "Tea Party Lunacy" fits perfectly. However, in the real world it does not.

the real world? you wouldn't know the real world if we hit you in the head with it

I thought Daveman's nickname was Ft. Hoodie :lol:

jesus h. christ! daveman took offense.

he so touchy :eusa_clap:
You compare me to a terrorist and traitor, and wonder why I don't like it?

Fucking moron.

You really are a piece of shit.

and you're warm diarrhea in a dixie cup

na, na, na, na, na....
I'm your favorite beverage?
Ignoring these posts doesn't mean they don't exist, Dante, you pussy.

In all likelyhood he is just going to be discharged at the end of his enlistment in a few months, and won't be allowed to re-enlist.

I think his biggest mistake was using the government computers to do the posts, and he was warned about it to stop.

And yes, he would still receive all veteran's benefits unless he gets a dishonorable discharge, which only occurs when convicted by a general court martial.

VA Benefits Eligibility:

Eligibility for most VA benefits is based on discharge from active military service under other than dishonorable conditions. Active service means full-time service as a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or as a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service, the Environmental Services Administration or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Veteran's Benefits Explained | Military.com

And that includes disability:
VA Disability Compensation Eligibility:

You may be eligible for Disability Compensation if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.
Veteran Disability Compensation | Military.com

And note that a "service related disability" could be anything. They give that out for bad joints from all the running.

The prohibition concerning political activities by armed forces members is a very gray area, and any soldier, sailor, marine or airman, who decides to get involved in political discussion should be very careful not to cross into that gray area. A member cannot, under any circumstances make derogatory statements about anyone in the chain of command, and that includes the President and the Secretary of Defense. A member must separate his political opinions from his military status.

This marine would have been free to express his political opinions in a venue that had no connection to the fact that he was a marine. He didn't do that, and is suffering the consequences of his own ignorance or arrogance.

Thats true, but saying a post on facebook constitutes political activity is a stretch.

I certainly haven't read all the comments this particular Marine made, but just stating that you won't follow an unlawful order isn't crossing any line. Now if he saying that everything Obama is ordering is unlawful, or if he is trying to use it to get out of a deployment, then he is full of shit.

Never heard these libs complaining about service members saying things against Bush, those guys were lauded as heros by these neo-marxist asswipes.

Two wrongs don't make a right, Hawk, and you know this (regarding Bush comments), and he crossed the line when he identified himself first as an active marine, and then said he wouldn't potentially follow Presidential orders.

The guy should have either just kept his mouth shut, post anonymously, or not identify himself with the Maine Corp during his post.

It was dumb and somewhat embarrassing for the entire Marine corps (because it makes it look like Marines lack discipline, don't respect the chain of command, and "make their own personal rules" despite even if the order is coming from the Commander In Chief, who was fairly elected by the citizens of the United States), and the guy deserves whatever's coming to him for this attention grabbing stunt.

Nonetheless... I think the guy still deserves benefits if discharged, given the time's he's served.

Last edited:
Have a problem with it?

YOU belive one thing...I know others.

Yes, that simple.

Guhmbye. :welcome:

Yes, I believe that the lawfully elected government of the United States should not be overthrown in a military coup, and you and your buds on this thread apparently believe that it should.

Which, unless someone changed the definition of the word in the recent past, is treason.

Also, disobeying direct orders from one's superiors, and advocating the same in one's fellow soldiers in a battlefield. Yeah. Also treason.

No. That last is mutiny, NOT treason. You, of course, wouldn't know the difference.

jesus h. christ! daveman took offense.

he so touchy :eusa_clap:
You compare me to a terrorist and traitor, and wonder why I don't like it?

Fucking moron.

and you're warm diarrhea in a dixie cup

na, na, na, na, na....
I'm your favorite beverage?
Ignoring these posts doesn't mean they don't exist, Dante, you pussy.

calm down Davey. I still luv you. :redface:

you know the drill: I hve to suit up in my bio-hazard gear before respond to your posts.

Forum List

Back