Tea Party Is Recycled John Birch Society Hate Rhetoric

manwholaughs-4.jpg

I agree with that, however the tea parties didn't begin with Santelli, either, just to inform teapartys.

The "tea-party" movement has been brewing for several years IMO.

I have been screaming since oh, as long as I can remember, about how the gov't has gotten WAY out of contrlol.

When they ran McCain out as the GOP candidate to run in 2008, I knew my fight wasnt with the left, it was with the so-called conservatives on the right.

Obama was the best thing that could have happened in 2008 (given our choices), b/c I dont believe the right would've mobilized against McCain like they have against Obama and the left.... at least thats what I think.

Lets not be too hard on Madeline. She is one of the nicer folks on here who wont go all "name cally" on you.
Its her opinion and she is entitled to be wrong :tongue: (luv ya Maddie)

Indeed, certainly goes back at least to Bush on 'immigration reform.' No accepting that and from that point on his numbers dropped and dropped and dropped. Mind you, both sides of the aisle in the government agreed with him. Again with spending in his last year and a half, when he went out agreeing to get spending passed at what level Obama wanted, last straw. He took the hit, so Obama wouldn't have to, but he agreed.

Now from the left we get called 'know-nothings' on the immigration reform, when instead all the folks I know that agree with tea parties are very much pro-immigration, just not illegal immigration. They want the borders protected and the war against our people down there to stop.

We expect Congress to pass a budget, as they are charged with doing. We expect them to leave us alone, not spying on folks without warrants.

Truth is Welch and the Birchers were largely right about communist influence in the USA Government of their time, in particular if you take a close look at those around FDR. Ike a commie????? Maybe, maybe not, BUT......he does appear to have cooperated with the NKVD in the murder of General Patton and he certainly did NOTHING to stop Operation Keelhaul.. Kennedy???? Actually one of our better Presidents. I think he was aware that the USSR was rapidly falling prey to its own economic contridictions and wished to avoid the USA squandering its economic advantages on overarming for a Cold War which would end soon anyway. Soon enough the masks would be dropped and the men behind the curtain would reveal themselves openly- The Zionists. Of course Beck being one of their more vile golems misses that part.

No one is denying the USSR posed a grave threat to the US or to World peace. But positing FDR and Eisenhower as "commies" is appealing to paranoia and just plain hate. What threatened the well being of Americans in the 1930's was runaway capitalist greed; what threatened it in the 1950's was race hatred.

We never needed the USSR to fuck up our nation; we have done that all by ourselves and judging from your post, some of us are still quite willing to continue to do so.

Alger Hiss was a close adviser to FDR and a proven commie spy. See the Verona Papers.

But for liberals to claim the Tea Party goes back to the roots of their own paranoia about that age, just reveals their own desperation.

They know they lost the argument of 2010 so they think they can win going back to the argument of the 1950s. Only problem is, they lost that argument, as well.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it TPS?

If Glenn Beck is a Tea Party leader.....

And Glenn Beck relies on John Birch Society materials to present his revision of US history......

And Tea Party members believe him.........

Well, let's see if you can make this ginormous mental leap at the end all by yourself.

I agree with that, however the tea parties didn't begin with Santelli, either, just to inform teapartys.

The "tea-party" movement has been brewing for several years IMO.

I have been screaming since oh, as long as I can remember, about how the gov't has gotten WAY out of contrlol.

When they ran McCain out as the GOP candidate to run in 2008, I knew my fight wasnt with the left, it was with the so-called conservatives on the right.

Obama was the best thing that could have happened in 2008 (given our choices), b/c I dont believe the right would've mobilized against McCain like they have against Obama and the left.... at least thats what I think.

Lets not be too hard on Madeline. She is one of the nicer folks on here who wont go all "name cally" on you.
Its her opinion and she is entitled to be wrong :tongue: (luv ya Maddie)

Indeed, certainly goes back at least to Bush on 'immigration reform.' No accepting that and from that point on his numbers dropped and dropped and dropped. Mind you, both sides of the aisle in the government agreed with him. Again with spending in his last year and a half, when he went out agreeing to get spending passed at what level Obama wanted, last straw. He took the hit, so Obama wouldn't have to, but he agreed.

Now from the left we get called 'know-nothings' on the immigration reform, when instead all the folks I know that agree with tea parties are very much pro-immigration, just not illegal immigration. They want the borders protected and the war against our people down there to stop.

We expect Congress to pass a budget, as they are charged with doing. We expect them to leave us alone, not spying on folks without warrants.

Oh, now you've done it.....

Here come all the Patriot Act detracters.

I dont understand how wanting to follow the Constitution and not spend ourselves into oblivion is hate.

Oh come on Madeline..... you cant really be serious.

Everything I have heard on his show can be backed up with facts.... I've checked. Sure he is over the top sometimes, but that is how you keep an audience interested. But I believe he is sincere in his approach and will be looked at as a man who woke up alot of folks who were in the dark.
If you dont like what he is saying just tune it out, and watch Chris Mathews or Anderson Cooper... they could really use an audience according to their ratings, or maybe tune into watch the Yentas on The View :lol:

I dont like old rancid kool-aid. Thats what the libs have been trotting out for a long time.

You need to go back and read up on American history and stop believing what you are being fed by the left.

I LIVED this period in American History, The Infidel. If you truely believe the John Birch Society had a inside track on the Truth, you are sorely misguided.

I hate to disappoint you, but the TEA Parties don't 'hate' anyone. Stop believing the moronic opinions of others and find out for yourself.

I feel hated at times by Tea Party people, CG. Many others here do as well, I'd wager. Telling me Tea Party people dun hate is disingenuous; all any of us can do is judge them by what they say and do. You gonna tell me Sarah Palin is not a hateful woman? Bullshit.

I dun know why you feel any need to defend them. Conservatives should be the loudest in denouncing the hate-mongers, not cuddling them and excusing them.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it TPS?

If Glenn Beck is a Tea Party leader.....

And Glenn Beck relies on John Birch Society materials to present his revision of US history......

And Tea Party members believe him.........

Well, let's see if you can make this ginormous mental leap at the end all by yourself.

Glenn is'nt the "teaparty leader"... there is'nt one.

There are just high proflie folks that agree with the movement, but there are is NO "leader".

I believe in what America was founded upon.... freedom and liberty from tyranny. From the left or the right.
I just want to be left alone to be prosperous, and do what God put me here to do, which is to raise my kids to be good Americans. Thats all.....

I feel hated at times by Tea party people, CG. Many others here do as well, I'd wager. Telling me Tea Party people dun hate is disingenuous; all any of us can do is judge them by what they say and do. You gonna tell me Sarah Palin is not a hateful woman? Bullshit.
I dun know why you feel any need to defend them. Conservatives should be the loudest in denouncing the hate-mongers, not cuddling them and excusing them.

Thats BS & you know it.... tell me when and where she has exhibited hate.

I have seen nothing but a classy lady who is concerned about the same basic things as myself.

Come on.... you can do better than that.

To view the entire TEA PARTY as hateful and racist them you must view all Muslims as terrorist. A small minority of in group does not make the entire group.

Oh come on Madeline..... you cant really be serious.

Everything I have heard on his show can be backed up with facts.... I've checked. Sure he is over the top sometimes, but that is how you keep an audience interested. But I believe he is sincere in his approach and will be looked at as a man who woke up alot of folks who were in the dark.
If you dont like what he is saying just tune it out, and watch Chris Mathews or Anderson Cooper... they could really use an audience according to their ratings, or maybe tune into watch the Yentas on The View :lol:

I dont like old rancid kool-aid. Thats what the libs have been trotting out for a long time.

You need to go back and read up on American history and stop believing what you are being fed by the left.

I LIVED this period in American History, The Infidel. If you truely believe the John Birch Society had a inside track on the Truth, you are sorely misguided.

So you are over 100 years old? :eek:

This has been brewing for way over 1oo yrs here in America, and its about time someone started telling the truth about it.
Its not always pretty, as he points out alot, but it is our history.

Anyway, I dont want to argue, I just think you should maybe watch his show more often and judge it for yourself rather than read someone elses opinion.

Oh, and Im old enough to remember the way things "used to be", and we are going the wrong way right now... big gov't is going to be the death of this great nation if we are'nt careful.

I agree and disagree, The Infidel. If "Big Government" could regulate effectively, we would not have desecration in the Gulf or disaster on Wall Street.

Beck has a unique POV and sometimes does say things no one else is talking about that need to be brought to our attention. But his "reading list" and efforts to rewrite US history is nothing but recycled paranoia from the 1960's. You won't persuade me of anything by claiming he is above reproach.

I hate to disappoint you, but the TEA Parties don't 'hate' anyone. Stop believing the moronic opinions of others and find out for yourself.

I feel hated at times by Tea party people, CG. Many others here do as well, I'd wager. Telling me Tea Party people dun hate is disingenuous; all any of us can do is judge them by what they say and do. You gonna tell me Sarah Palin is not a hateful woman? Bullshit.

Sarah Palin gives me the creeps as a candidate, she did with McCain, she does now. Hateful? Not seen it. Look at your title choice. From that should we say, "Madeline is a hateful person." I've not really seen you act hateful, other than with generalizations.

This works for me...

Core Principles

Mission
To bring about less government, more responsibility, and — with God’s help — a better world by providing leadership, education, and organized volunteer action in accordance with moral and Constitutional principles.

Preserving Individual Rights & National Independence
"These United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States … We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
— Declaration of Independence, 1776
The Declaration of Independence established the independence of both the original 13 American colonies and the United States of America that they together formed a decade later.

The Declaration proclaimed that our personal rights come from God, not from government.

The John Birch Society endorses the timeless principles of the Declaration of Independence. The Society also labors to warn against and expose the forces that seek to abolish U.S. independence, build a world government, or otherwise undermine our personal liberties and national independence.

Restoring the Constitution
"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed." — Declaration of Independence, 1776
The Constitution of the United States of America instituted the government that secures our God-given rights.

The John Birch Society endorses the U.S. Constitution as the foundation of our national government, and works toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers. We seek to awaken a sleeping and apathetic people concerning the designs of those who are working to destroy our constitutional Republic.

What a nice whitewash job, Revere.

John Birch Society ultraconservative, anti-Communist organization in the United States. It was founded in Dec., 1958, by manufacturer Robert Welch and named after John Birch, an American intelligence officer killed by Communists in China (Aug., 1945). The most prominent of the extreme right-wing groups active in the United States, the society was founded to fight subversive Communism within the United States. Its other objectives have included the abolition of the graduated income tax, the repeal of social security legislation, the impeachment of various high government officials, the end to busing for the purpose of school integration, the end to U.S. membership in the United Nations, and the nullification of the treaty that turned over the Panama Canal to Panama. In his book, The Politician, Welch charged to the effect that Dwight D. Eisenhower and John Foster Dulles had actively aided the so-called Communist conspiracy. The society has also contended that an elite international cabal—the U.S. branch of which supposedly includes the Council on Foreign Relations, for many years led by David Rockefeller—is seeking to establish a world tyranny.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/John_Birch_Society.aspx

Forum List

Back