Tea Party Hatred

The tea party was awesome as citizens grassroots movement, but now that politicians are considered part of the tp it's not as cool...It has just become another boogie man for the left...The average idiot thinks the tp is some novel radical movement, when in reality the tp members are conservatives, and always were conservatives.

Of course they were, most were just embaressed Bush supporters.

I don't think people who are part of the movement like Bush.

Billions to Africa, no child left behind, prescription drug bill for seniors, TARP, deficits in the trillions..can you see the tp getting behind this stuff???

I think linking the tp with Bush supporters is at best is lazy, an at worst intellectually dishonest.

agreed

Last edited:
Look, if you disagree with the TPers, fine and dandy, spit it out. But let's leave the bullshit racism charges out of it and talk about whatever issue you might have with their pov. Or is that too hard? I'm just really tired of the demagoguery.

Then you racist white conservatives should stop being racist.

P.S. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

The ideas that most closely reflect my own are voiced by those of the TEA Party. I'm not racist. Your truth is only a system based on rationalization and justification that is bankrupt. I'm pretty sure that if the truth knocked you down and stood on your chest, you wouldn't see it.

Look at the economy and see if you can make out the truth in this situation.

The Liberal HATE the TEA Party because it shines a light on the emptiness of their rhetoric when compared to their actions. Liberals claim that it's fair to be unfair, to be generous through confiscation and to be democratic through oligarchy. Liberals want power because that gives them the keys to the bank.

They have no core values, no belief system and no responsibility. They do have greed, envy and covetness.

They are shirkers, procrastinators, blamers, evaders, and posessed of the notion that they are the most important entities in the Universe. In a word, children.

Time to grow up, kids. The Ferris Wheel just closed and it's time to go to work. Do you have the guts to do it or are you just going to keep blaming Bush?

Last edited:
The teaparty, and their Republican enablers, were responsible for the credit downgrade. They would rather let our country default and crash and burn than compromise.

Being labeled racist is the least of their worries.

that is odd, i don't recall the S&P even mentioning the tea party. do you have proof of this claim? i mean i had no idea how powerful the tea party is that all by themselves they caused S&P to downgrade our credit.

link up

The teaparty, and their Republican enablers, were responsible for the credit downgrade. They would rather let our country default and crash and burn than compromise.

So, just to be clear, the additional 4 Trilllion dollars of debt and the looming onslaght of the Obamacare Debt had nothing to do with the downgrade?

The obstinate opposition of the Democrats to any serious attempt to draw down the deficit had nothing to do with the downgrade?

The absence of a budget for 81 months now had nothing to do with the downgrade?

The Big 0 putting forth a budget that would double the rate of increase in the debt had nothing to do with the downgrade?

Are you high?

that is odd, i don't recall the S&P even mentioning the tea party. do you have proof of this claim? i mean i had no idea how powerful the tea party is that all by themselves they caused S&P to downgrade our credit.

link up
Yes, they blamed it on large part on the Republicans idiocy in holding up the debt ceiling extension. And it was the teapee faction that was responsible for the Republicans idiocy.

Slumming, Yurt?

I have to say how unfortunate it is to see so many vicious attacks on the TPers, some of it racial. US Reps saying the TPers would like to see blacks "hanging from a tree", or going "straight to hell" and wanting to send them there. Jesse Jackson saying the TPers would like to see a return to slavery, and even the Vice President agreeing with a member of his party saying the TPers are terrorists and hostage takers.

There's been so much of this over the past 2 years, even if you disagree with what the TPers want or stand for, is this kind of rhetoric really necessary? How can you possibly condone it or agree with it's use? I see posts in here every day talking about the TPers being racists, just because some dumbass says something stupid or is carrying some idiot sign.

I hoped when Barack Obama was elected that his victory would bring us together, or at least more than we were. Such has not happened; not all his fault either, although I would say he has not nearly helped much to move us in that direction as he could have. In fact in the minds of many he has moved us in the opposite direction, we are more divided now than we were when he took office.

As a long time sports fan I can tell you with certainty that teams who do not play well together do not succeed. Whatever ills this country is dealing with now are not the construct of the tea party, they are but one group in a long list of groups that make up this country. To vilify them as the democrats have done, and IMHO unfairly label them as racist is just wrong. To apply such vitriol is ultimately harmful to us all, we are not going to be as successful as we might have been until and unless we stop the partisanship. But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
The feeling is mutual.

There was Jason Priest, a Republican Senate candidate from Red Lodge who, on Facebook, referred to the economist John Maynard Keynes as “a big homo.” After slinging some other vulgarities, Priest accused President Barack Obama of “giving America … the dry thumb.”

Another Tea Party activist, Dennis Scranton of Miles City, chimed in by saying, “I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions.” Ravndal then asked Scranton where he could get “that Wyoming printed instruction manual.”

Allen-Gailushas, who is running as a Republican House candidate near Helena, said on her own Facebook page: “The Gay community wants a war. They've got one!!”

etc, etc, etc,...

There's plenty of hate for everyone.

Read more: City Lights: Members of Tea Party spewing hate

link up

Hey, moveon and the dailyKos told them that, so it MUST be repeated.
mindless sheep

So, just to be clear, the additional 4 Trilllion dollars of debt and the looming onslaght of the Obamacare Debt had nothing to do with the downgrade?

The obstinate opposition of the Democrats to any serious attempt to draw down the deficit had nothing to do with the downgrade?

The Big 0 putting forth a budget that would double the rate of increase in the debt had nothing to do with the downgrade?

Are you high?
Rewriting history already? The Dems agreed to cuts. The Reps wouldn't agree to rolling back the Bush tax cuts.

Both need to happen.

link up
Yes, they blamed it on large part on the Republicans idiocy in holding up the debt ceiling extension. And it was the teapee faction that was responsible for the Republicans idiocy.

Slumming, Yurt?

yeah, i guess, i'm talking to you, so i must be slumming :razz:

so now, it is not the tea party, it is the republicans but a faction that is tea party...:cuckoo:

perhaps you have a link for this. i don't recall anyone one party being the sole blame. that is pure partisan meadowmuffins. like i said, back it up. because you're dead wrong.

link up
S&P Cites Tea Party’s Extortion Politics, Which It Calls ‘Political Brinkmanship,’ in Downgrading U.S. Credit Rating
Jon Ponder | Aug. 6, 2011

In explaining why it was lowering the U.S. credit rating late on Friday, Standard & Poor’s singled out tea party obstructionism on the economy:

“The political brinkmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America’s governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective and less predictable than what we previously believed,” said S&P, one of three leading credit rating agencies.

“The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy.”

“Brinkmanship” is putting it politely, of course. A better description is economic terrorism or political extortion.

S&P Cites Tea Party’s Extortion Politics, Which It Calls ‘Political Brinkmanship,’ in Downgrading U.S. Credit Rating

The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.
More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.
Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

sure looks like they are blaming EVERYONE, not just the tea party folks. it takes two tango.

then again, ravi blames the gop for everything negative, even "new" coke...

link up

In explaining why it was lowering the U.S. credit rating late on Friday, Standard & Poor’s singled out tea party obstructionism on the economy:

“The political brinkmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America’s governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective and less predictable than what we previously believed,” said S&P, one of three leading credit rating agencies.

“The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy.”

“Brinkmanship” is putting it politely, of course. A better description is economic terrorism or political extortion.

nice try, citing an OPINION piece is not proof of anything. i cited the actual report which of course did not lay the blame solely at the tea party's feet, but at the administration and political parties <-- note the plural of parties.

Are you high?
Rewriting history already? The Dems agreed to cuts. The Reps wouldn't agree to rolling back the Bush tax cuts.

Both need to happen.

The Bush Tax Cuts expired. The current tax system is owned by the Big 0.

The Dems agree to cuts 10 years away all the time. They never happen. Children agree to many things and never plan to keep up their end of the deal. It's the Liberal MO.

link up

I don't see any singling out going on here. Can you identify the exact part of the post from the S&P thingy that says "TEA Party"?

Forum List

Back