Tea Party Hatred

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Wiseacre, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I have to say how unfortunate it is to see so many vicious attacks on the TPers, some of it racial. US Reps saying the TPers would like to see blacks "hanging from a tree", or going "straight to hell" and wanting to send them there. Jesse Jackson saying the TPers would like to see a return to slavery, and even the Vice President agreeing with a member of his party saying the TPers are terrorists and hostage takers.

There's been so much of this over the past 2 years, even if you disagree with what the TPers want or stand for, is this kind of rhetoric really necessary? How can you possibly condone it or agree with it's use? I see posts in here every day talking about the TPers being racists, just because some dumbass says something stupid or is carrying some idiot sign.

I hoped when Barack Obama was elected that his victory would bring us together, or at least more than we were. Such has not happened; not all his fault either, although I would say he has not nearly helped much to move us in that direction as he could have. In fact in the minds of many he has moved us in the opposite direction, we are more divided now than we were when he took office.

As a long time sports fan I can tell you with certainty that teams who do not play well together do not succeed. Whatever ills this country is dealing with now are not the construct of the tea party, they are but one group in a long list of groups that make up this country. To vilify them as the democrats have done, and IMHO unfairly label them as racist is just wrong. To apply such vitriol is ultimately harmful to us all, we are not going to be as successful as we might have been until and unless we stop the partisanship. But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    wah! Leave the poor teapees alone!

3. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Look, if you disagree with the TPers, fine and dandy, spit it out. But let's leave the bullshit racism charges out of it and talk about whatever issue you might have with their pov. Or is that too hard? I'm just really tired of the demagoguery.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Racisim is the only card they have left to play, they haven't accomplished anything but backdooring job killing regulations.

It's anyone who buys the racism bullshit that can go straight to hell, as far as I'm concerned.

5. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I would have to agree with the OP. When you start personal attacks and attacks of a moral nature you have destroyed the forum and discussion. There are times to question a persons moral character and this isn't one of them. To question a group of peoples morality is just assinine.

Besides, the Tea Party gives you so many other reasons to complain why go there.

6. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    actually, his post has merit. i wouldn't expect the likes of you to see that. i'm sure you blamed right wing vitriol for loughner.....

can you actually debate a single point he made?

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Crosshairs!
    Don't retreat, reload!

8. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    using your logic, then you should be calling out all dems for the vitriol of a few as well, notwithstanding, your bullshit out of context been proven false quotes above...

9. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    The Progressives-Commies HAVE NOTHING LEFT. They and their puppet Obama have been a BIG FAILURE and the people can't stand them. The polls are proving that one and and ALL in LESS than THREE years... so they are now out to STIR UP THE pot of HATE against their fellow countrymen and women.

they are dangerous right now...keep on your toes.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,639
    Next,, a whine about how we should "all work together" in 1,2,3,4