Tea Party Hailing Ted Cruz For 2016

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
The Tea Party is already hailing Tea Party Ted Cruz (who came from behind days ago and defeated Texas lieutenant governor David Dewhurst in the Texas runoff Senate election of July 31, 2012) for US president if Mitt Romney fails in 2012.

Funny enough, Tea Party’s Ted Cruz is not natural-born US citizen. Will the argument be: If Barack Obama with questionable birthplace is the president, then Canadian-born Ted Cruz can be president? - Questions about the qualifications of Ted Cruz, the GOP's newest star - Los Angeles Times

I thought Tea Partiers were Constitutionalists with strict adherence to the Constitution of the US. The US Constitution mandates that the president of the US be a natural-born US citizen. Why then are the tea partiers considering Canadian-born Ted Cruz for president of this USA?

Last edited:
I've wondered why they do nothing to make themselves more credible. They're not a political party. They've sold out to big money and have chosen very anti-American candidates. Surely some of them think of themselves as Tea Party citizens but they act like loony teepot fools.

As for his birth place, rw's don't care. After all, Mitt is not a natural born citizen. All that really matters to rw's is that he's not black.

Noonan for President: MITT ROMNEY IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN!

I've wondered why they do nothing to make themselves more credible. They're not a political party. They've sold out to big money and have chosen very anti-American candidates. Surely some of them think of themselves as Tea Party citizens but they act like loony teepot fools.

As for his birth place, rw's don't care. After all, Mitt is not a natural born citizen. All that really matters to rw's is that he's not black.

Noonan for President: MITT ROMNEY IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN!

I see nothing in your presented documentation that says Mitt Romney, descendant of brother Romney, "converted" to Mexican or relinquished his US citizenship. Nice information though.

Boehner calls Cruz' bluff on Obamacare...
:redface:
House Will Fund Obamacare in CR; Won't Risk 'Shutting Down the Government'
March 14, 2013 – House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he would not include language to defund Obamacare in the continuing resolution bill when it returns to the House, stating, “our goal” is “not to shut down the government.”
On Wednesday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said it is the “right position” for Republicans to take to strip Obamacare of its funding in the continuing resolution (CR), which is a “must-pass” bill to keep the government funded for the remainder of the fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. Cruz also said that in sending the amended CR back to the lower chamber, the Republican-dominant “House is going to have another shot at this” to de-fund Obamacare. During his weekly press conference on Capitol Hill on Thursday, CNSNews.com asked Boehner if he agreed with Cruz: “Yesterday, Senator Ted Cruz urged you and the House Republicans to include language in the CR when it comes back that would defund Obamacare and force President Obama and the Democrats to see if they are willing to shut down the government over the health care law. Will you do that?”

Boehner said: “We have voted many times over the last 2 years that we’ve been in the majority to defund Obamacare, to repeal Obamacare, and we will do so again here in the House in the coming months. Our goal here is to cut spending.” “It’s not to shut down the government,” he said. “I believe that trying to put Obamacare on this vehicle risks shutting down the government,” Boehner said. “That’s not what our goal is. Our goal here is to reduce spending.”

House Republicans have symbolically voted to repeal Obamacare more than 30 times in legislation that does not need to pass. However, every time they have enacted legislation that must-pass to keep the government funded, they have declined to include language that would repeal all or any part of Obamacare or that would withhold funding for all or any part of Obamacare. The latest $982-billion CR to fund the government after March 27, which passed the House last week, included funding to implement Obamacare. The CR is now being deliberated in the Senate, and if it is amended, will return to the House.

On Wednesday, Sen. Cruz introduced an amendment to the CR that would have delayed funding for Obamacare until economic growth returns to historic averages. The amendment failed in the Senate, 45-52. Though he did not expect the amendment to pass, Cruz said it was important to stand on “principle,” and urged Republicans in the House to do the same. “I think it’s the right position for Republicans to be taking,” Cruz told CNSNews.com on Wednesday. “And I think it would be exactly the right decision to then send it back to Harry Reid and President Obama and ask if Harry Reid and President Obama are willing to try to shut the government down in order to insist that Obamacare be fully funded now, even though it could well push us into a recession.”

Source

See also:

Cruz: ‘Constitution is Particularly Important when the Bill of Rights is Unpopular’
March 14, 2013 - During committee hearings on “The Assault Weapons Ban of 2013” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) argued against it's constitutionality saying, “some have pointed to public opinion polls, in my view the Constitution is particularly important when the Bill of Rights is unpopular.”
Cruz argued the common weapons banned under the measure make the proposal unconstitutional under the Second Amendment, even if the ban receives strong public support. “The final point I’ll make on make on the Constitution is that some have pointed to public opinion polls, in my view the Constitution is particularly important when the Bill of Rights is unpopular," Cruz said. “The purpose of it is to stand for the rights of the minority when the majority is acting to strip their rights.”

As Cruz continued he was interrupted by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), “I appreciate the lecture of what we’re supposed to do as senators upholding the Constitution, I’ve been doing it for 38 years but I’m always happy to have the reminder from someone who has been here for – probably not quite as long.”

Cruz requested the opportunity to conclude and did so by saying, “Likewise, earlier this week this committee voted to fund a study of the impact of films and video games on violent crimes. And I would note that I voted ‘no’ against that as well because I believe in the First Amendment, I believe in the Second Amendment, I believe in the Fifth Amendment and I would suggest that every one of us has an obligation to the Constitution.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the renewed assault-weapons ban on a party-line 10-8 vote. The measure bans a wide range of semi-automatic weapons and “ All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.” The measure now advances to the full Senate.

Source

Last edited:
So far no republican, much less anyyone from the tea party, has mentioned Ted Cruz for president. Democrats said republicans say that. They said it. They heard it. It must be true.

Let your anti-hispanic bigotry go lefties. 2016 is a long ways away. Your guy has almost four years left to ruin this Country and he is in freaking charge.

So far no republican, much less anyyone from the tea party, has mentioned Ted Cruz for president. Democrats said republicans say that. They said it. They heard it. It must be true.

Just wait. It will be.

I wish Cruz would have asked feinstein after her 6th grade remark, "and how long ago was it, when you were in the 6th grade."

I bet she's been saving up that comment for 2 weeks at least

This has to be the dumbest post I've seen on this board, everyone know Cruz was born in Canada and not eligible to be president. If he were eligible he would be way more qualified than your dear leader ever was.

March 16, 2013

CPAC; Keynote-Speaker: Ted Cruz
On
KRAZY KONSERVATIVE KIDS Day
!!!

"Also scheduled to speak are Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Newt Gingrich, Rep. Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin."

pied_piper_palin.gif

New Topics

Forum List

Back