Tea Party Free Market; Explain why it's a good thing

Because a free market means more competition, no regulations that help big businesses, so easier to set up a small business and compete with the bigger ones.
And more competition means lower cost.
And things like child labor and low wages will be solved by the market, since people do not support those businesses.

People don't support Aspertame. In today's regulated business, Aspertame is in lot's of things even though it's been banned by the FDA twice. The free market isn't going to tell you what Phenanenaline is. The REGULATED MARKET that forces Corporations to put it on the label allow people to stick to the American tradition, buyer beware "rarely, people still don't know what these terms mean unless they actually research them"

I'm fully aware that you or I can make a fortune if we stop screening toys for Lead Paint. I just lean towards United We Stand, not For Profits We Stand.

People don't support Aspertame.

Sales of Aspertame show your error.

Aspertame is in lot's of things even though it's been banned by the FDA twice.

Link?

Because a free market means more competition, no regulations that help big businesses, so easier to set up a small business and compete with the bigger ones.
And things like child labor and low wages will be solved by the market, since people do not support those businesses.

People don't support Aspertame. In today's regulated business, Aspertame is in lot's of things even though it's been banned by the FDA twice. The free market isn't going to tell you what Phenanenaline is. The REGULATED MARKET that forces Corporations to put it on the label allow people to stick to the American tradition, buyer beware "rarely, people still don't know what these terms mean unless they actually research them"

I'm fully aware that you or I can make a fortune if we stop screening toys for Lead Paint. I just lean towards United We Stand, not For Profits We Stand.

Link?

And if the FDA has banned aspertame and still businesses use it, why can't the free market do this better?

You have to decide what you accept for yourself as an American.

China has "smog days" like our snow days where they get out of school because of too much Industrial smog. It's certainly free market, but is it freedom?

And now China has a free market.

Explain to me why a totally free market is a good thing.. :badgrin:

Tell me where any Tea Party has made it their platform of a totally free market?
Tell me where the word totally free is. I have not seen one in any of them.
Free Market does not mean totally free market.
There has to be a balance of some regulations, but not over the top, overbearing regulations that stifle the free market.
There will always be some companies or businesses that abuse and needs some regulations.
What we are getting now it totally cost prohibitive and making businesses go out of business.
The more we have with ridiculous regulations, that cost is put on to the consumer.
The TEA Party wants limited common sense regulations not no regulations.

The regulated market allows competition. We have what is called a "highly regulated market" by some today and we still see competition.

The funny thing is you probably back Citizens United because you think "corporations are people" yet hate regulations like lead paint in childrens toys.

Sure, when you compete with a Country that has no regulation, their prices are lower. That's not rocket science, that's just basics. What you have to ask yourself is what should your family and Country be exposed to or live like.

The Uniteded States Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3) Commerce claus. The clause states that the United States Congress shall have power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States,"

So do you back the Constitution or Free Markets? Your "party" seems to be at an impass on their platform.

It does?

The regulated market for taxis limits the number of taxis, and prohibits anyone form competing with them.

The regulated cable market makes it illegal for any other cable company to offer a competing service.

I must be missing something, perhaps it is your ability to completely ignore reality.

You are certainly missing something. You are missing the difference between Corporate Interest and Common Sense Regulation.

Welcome to Politics! I'm your Father!:eusa_angel:

I get it now, you think regulations can make sense if you are in charge.

Funny thing, WalMart actually supports increasing the minimum wage, which falls under the category you call common sense regulations. They support it because they know it increases the cost of doing business, and drives the little people out of the market.

Big companies always support "common sense" regulations, and you support big business every time you support new regulations.

As for you being my father, he would be 90 if he were still alive, you ain't smart enough to be that old.

You are certainly missing something. You are missing Citizens United. You don't seem to know a thing about politics or the reason Big Buisness is squashing small business.

I know exactly why big business is squashing small business, regulations. I could write a 50 page essay on it, and provide multiple sources to prove my thesis. The problem is, you wouldn't understand a word of it because you can't think outside that box that was handed to you by the Democrats.

Clearly you don't know a thing about me. Im not a Democrat but I'm fully aware you think Democrats are the contrast of "Bush's fault".

The Tea Party in writing is the Corporate profit party. It's other platform agenda's are in other parties. The free market is a Tea Party and Libertarian party standard.

Again. The Constitution regulates the Free Market. Why is this bad Mr. Party lines?

You are fully aware that I think something that I never heard before today?

If you go back and reread my post you will see I never said you are a Democrat, I said you cannot think outside the box that was handed you by Democrats. If you were half as smart as you think I am you would understand what that means.

For the record, the Constitution regulates the government.

Let me repeat that for those that have problems with complex ideas, the Constitution regulates the government.

The Constitution does not regulate the market, it regulates the government. Why is that a bad thing, oh he who hates all parties, yet has never said anything bad about Democrats?

A free market is a good thing, because it encourages those who are selling a service to do so at the lowest possible prices while still maintaining a profit for the company.

Sadly...............that is not what it is today.

Free Market today means getting the most profit for the least amount of liability, which is why so many companies are joining with others and forming monopolies.

Sorry, but now the "free market" is only for those with enough money to buy their way in, and have enough to keep their place.

Small businesses built this country, but the sad thing is, big business ended up taking over, which is why the small businesses are failing.

Me? I can illustrate it in a simple way..................yes, Colorado Cyclist and other online retailers can offer me the same product that I can buy in my local bicycle store at a cheaper price, however, I can get service from local merchants that I cannot get from the mail order stores.

I choose to allow the local bike store the chance at my business first. If they can meet it within 15 percent or less, I will choose the local bike store, because even though it may cost me a couple of bucks more, I know that my patronage will be rewarded.

Also, if I tell them that I can get it for a lot less (sometimes as much as 50 percent less) from a mail order site, they are usually willing to work on the price with me.

Like GM getting a deal that eliminates them from being liable for a faulty ignition switch that causes the air bags not to deploy, and not actually having to set up the usual fund to cover faulty products because Obama was more concerned with protecting the unions than the people?

Mr. Anti Party...............

Do we need more regulations......................

How many pages a year in CFR's are enough.................

Your not anti party you continue to spout the Pravda of the left, and claim to be without party. Yet you sound like their mouth piece. Why is that when you claim not to support any particular party........................

I support Free Market competition............but I also understand the dangers of Monopolies...........but both parties are tools of their favorite donors. Quite frankly we have politicians who are whores to the highest bidder. The TEA Party is attempting to take out Rhino's, so I support them. I don't consider myself to be a member of the Libertarian party, but believe in a lot of their platform. The TEA Party doesn't consider itself the Libertarian party. It is a grass roots party on a Conservative platform. Since their are many branches of the party, you may very well be misquoting this entire subject.

I never proposed more regulations I simply exposed the regulations the Constitution stated. if you can't handle America then you should learn to adapt or get out.

Link?

Link is right here Let me google that for you

Is it fair to say lawyers for individuals are the equivalent of regulations for industries?

It's directly fact, not just fair.

Lawyers and Doctors are the 1%

Lawyers and Doctors corrupt medicine and justice for money. Another fact.

The Party Bias people today understand the problem they just don't understand their party is part of the problem and more generally, their party IS the problem. Even third party.

Yes. Big Corporations are the problem. Citizens United made them that problem. Who stands against Citizens United?

The Citizens that are smart and decide to Unite.

Big Corporations are the problem. Citizens United made them that problem. Who stands against Citizens United?

Unions spend money on politics, why shouldn't corporations be allowed to do the same?

We covered that earlier. But the small brains don't read. You are basically stating, "Hey, I'm going to jusify this because they justify that!

Try to stand for what YOU stand for. Not your party, not your corporation.

China has "smog days" like our snow days where they get out of school because of too much Industrial smog. It's certainly free market, but is it freedom?

We should compete with them (R)ight? Let's put lead paint in our toys and put smog in our air because people don't matter anymore, profit does. Maybe our kids will get "Smog days out of School" like China does.

Maybe we will suffer the same Chinese Cancer towns but let's face it, we are already there. They drop obvious hazardous material and we use dangerous poisons to lubricate drills in oil fracking.

Again. Do we care about profit or people?

It does?

The regulated market for taxis limits the number of taxis, and prohibits anyone form competing with them.

The regulated cable market makes it illegal for any other cable company to offer a competing service.

I must be missing something, perhaps it is your ability to completely ignore reality.

You are certainly missing something. You are missing the difference between Corporate Interest and Common Sense Regulation.

Funny thing, WalMart actually supports increasing the minimum wage, which falls under the category you call common sense regulations. They support it because they know it increases the cost of doing business, and drives the little people out of the market.

Big companies always support "common sense" regulations, and you support big business every time you support new regulations.

As for you being my father, he would be 90 if he were still alive, you ain't smart enough to be that old.

Wal-Mart supports the increase of Minimum wage because it will squash small business. Stop trying to profile me as a Leftist just because I don't fall in line with your cult.

All parties are paid to work for Corporations, not the people.

19/20 Politicians with the most money win debates.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. <-Fox News is all about that (R)ight? Or are they the exact polar opposite?

We should compete with them (R)ight? Let's put lead paint in our toys and put smog in our air because people don't matter anymore, profit does. Maybe our kids will get "Smog days out of School" like China does.

Maybe we will suffer the same Chinese Cancer towns but let's face it, we are already there. They drop obvious hazardous material and we use dangerous poisons to lubricate drills in oil fracking.

Again. Do we care about profit or people?

Maybe if China protected property rights in their supposed "free market," then they wouldn't have state-run companies polluting on everybody's property.

Ten Thousand Commandments: Federal Regulation - The Updates

809 final rules in 2014
18949 pages in the Federal Registry.

3659 rules 2013
80330 pages in the Federal Registry.

Welcome to the nanny state.....................

Your post talks about how the Commerce Clause as a "Nanny State" Do you hate the constitution or do you agree with it?

Or did you just repeat a profit media source?

Riddle me this..........Does the CFR exist and does it have ten's of thousands of regulations per year posted.........................

Which brings me to the abuse of the commerce clause through massive Gov't Red Tape and Regulations.

If you believe this is the intent of the Constitution then you are beyond reason. By the way your skirt is showing your true colors of the Party you spout PRAVDA FOR.

Mr. Anti Party...............

Do we need more regulations......................

How many pages a year in CFR's are enough.................

Your not anti party you continue to spout the Pravda of the left, and claim to be without party. Yet you sound like their mouth piece. Why is that when you claim not to support any particular party........................

I support Free Market competition............but I also understand the dangers of Monopolies...........but both parties are tools of their favorite donors. Quite frankly we have politicians who are whores to the highest bidder. The TEA Party is attempting to take out Rhino's, so I support them. I don't consider myself to be a member of the Libertarian party, but believe in a lot of their platform. The TEA Party doesn't consider itself the Libertarian party. It is a grass roots party on a Conservative platform. Since their are many branches of the party, you may very well be misquoting this entire subject.

I never proposed more regulations I simply exposed the regulations the Constitution stated. if you can't handle America then you should learn to adapt or get out.

Typical response of a Tyrant. Used often on these boards trying to justify the massive regulations of the Gov't as normal every day business. Regulations that have far exceeded the powers of the ACTs they intend to serve.

Any person familiar and who supports the Constitution would understand that the Constitution gave LIMITED POWERS to the Federal Gov't. Any other interpretation of the intent is utter BS or quite simply someone inept at actually reading the true meaning of the Constitution. aka the Federalist papers explain the purpose very well.

So, do you ignore these writings, or do you reading comprehension problems............

Wal-Mart supports the increase of Minimum wage because it will squash small business. Stop trying to profile me as a Leftist just because I don't fall in line with your cult.

All parties are paid to work for Corporations, not the people.

19/20 Politicians with the most money win debates.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. <-Fox News is all about that (R)ight? Or are they the exact polar opposite?

If I was asked to use one word to describe you it would be idiot , not leftist. Stop trying to make me look like a hack just because I point out how stupid your position is.

By the way, did you know that, thanks to common sense regulations, there are actually fewer taxis in NYC now than there were when they first started regulating taxis in 1937?

Tea Party Free Market; Explain why it's a good thing
Explain to me why a totally free market is a good thing..

Why? The corporations won't permit it. They want to regulate the economy, not market forces.

Forum List

Back